PDA

View Full Version : Projects you should have NEVER started!!!

Bigrig
3rd February 2011, 06:04 PM
Might be a flop and let's face it, most my ideas are ... but this is a thread for us all to own up to those mistakes, silly ideas, or gargantuan tasks that we have decided to take on over the years that when we look back ... we probably shouldn't have!!! Doesn't have to be 4WD related, but just something we know we cocked up, covered up, put way too much effort and/or money into, etc, etc ...

I'll start (and this is only one of many of my "never should have started" projects):

Was thinking earlier that I should never have covered those back barn door panels in that black carpet and should have gone with getting new panels - reason being, is I think they actually look better than the original gear and now I am under pressure (kids mainly - go figure??) to do all the doors in the car in the same material ... it would look grand, but was such a fiddly arse job to do just those panels, I couldn't imagine how long and how many cartons it will take to do all four doors and the inside walls of the rear cabin area ... I have created myself a monster and wish I have never done it!!!

Over to you ... c'mon now ... be honest, and don't leave me hanging (I don't know what that means, but apparently it's pretty popular with the kids!!! LOL).

MQ MAD
3rd February 2011, 07:00 PM
A HR Holden many years ago

Got all the interior all done
Bought the metallic black paint
Poured a motsa in the thing
Couldnt get it finished for my wedding,so
Got the rags one day,stripped it then of to the tip with it

Worse part is the build up pics keep rearing there head from time to time

AB
3rd February 2011, 07:11 PM
Building a buggy....Spent months cutting and welding up the ultimate frame and that frame is still sitting at Mum and Dads house 15 years later...lol

KINGRAT502
5th February 2011, 11:31 AM
lol..hey there everyone
this is a funny topic as i,ve been down this road twice,,and still havent learn,t..lol
i,m allways buying cars
latest is a vy ss that has front damage,,its been sitting in the shed now for 8 months in a 100 peices