PDA

View Full Version : Hi from the hunter.

Raddog
5th March 2014, 09:31 PM
:049:
Hi guys. My family and i are from the upper hunter and own a 3.0gu patrol zd30. Yep i know what your thinking...how come it hasnt blown up yet being the "grenade" it is. Well my missus doesnt let me say that aloud cause she reckons as soon as you put it out there>>BBOOM<<
Anyway we love camping and fourbying. living close to the barrington tops and try and get away as often as we can.

we are looking at converting our 3.0litre TD manual engine to either a 4.2l or 6.5chev??? Has anyone done this?? I will start checking out all the posts and look forward to chatting with you guys

cheers

growler2058
5th March 2014, 09:36 PM
G'day mate welcome aboard

Sent from my iPhone using Motorculture mobile app

Family4x4
5th March 2014, 09:41 PM
Welcome mate, search around and you will find info on the conversion.

Family4x4
5th March 2014, 09:43 PM
This link might help as a start.
http://www.nissanpatrol.com.au/forums/showthread.php?10170-GU-Patrol-GM-6ltr-V8-6-speed-Auto-conversion

Raddog
5th March 2014, 10:03 PM
sweet thanks.

Dhuck
5th March 2014, 10:04 PM
Welcome to the forum mate.

Stropp
6th March 2014, 12:13 AM
Welcome to the forum mate, plenty of info about engine transplants, use the search bottom mate.

AB
6th March 2014, 05:43 AM
Welcome to the forum mate, feel free to ask any questions and join in the conversations.

my third 256
6th March 2014, 05:57 AM
hi and welcome to the forum a great mob of people here and a lot of very usefull information
best wishes with your patrolling
stephen

threedogs
6th March 2014, 06:13 AM
Hi mate and welcome to the forum, first thing I'd be doing is fitting a Boost and EGT gauge so you know
whats going on under the bonnet. Other than that google Chaz Yellowfoot about the ZD30.
You really need to NADS your Patrol for peace of mind. Jump in anytime and enjoy.
Plenty here written on the subject

MEGOMONSTER
6th March 2014, 10:50 AM
Welcome mate, surely the best forum on the net. If you need it, you can get it, if you want to know it, just ask it.
If you want to find it, go to the search bar for a universe of information.
Enjoy the sights and sounds of the greatest show on earth.