PDA

View Full Version : exhausts

anyfin
5th March 2014, 09:22 PM
Has anyone done a direct comparison between all the different exhaust types available?

One vehicle, several different exhausts under the same conditions.

There are some pretty big price differences between the different systems. And some big claims to go with them :)

One of the next updates to my 2002 3ltr Patrol.

thanks

Doug

mudski
5th March 2014, 09:29 PM
That would be one expensive comparo... All of us can really only speak from experience on what we have. Me. I have a 3inch Redback system with hi flow cat and no muffler. Goes great and isn't loud but has a good note. For a 3ltr. Don't spend big dollars. Thats all I can say. and make sure the cat is metallic, not ceramic. They handle the heat better and flow better at high temps.

megatexture
5th March 2014, 10:35 PM
4x4 action magazine may have done something like that though I'm not 100%,though my money would be on the roo system getting the best rated....

kevin07
5th March 2014, 11:08 PM
Has anyone done a direct comparison between all the different exhaust types available?

One vehicle, several different exhausts under the same conditions.

There are some pretty big price differences between the different systems. And some big claims to go with them :)

One of the next updates to my 2002 3ltr Patrol.

thanks

Doug

there is a caravan magazine done one about 18 months ago ill see if I can find out which issue but I was unable to buy it but should be able to look it up. they done the comparison for towing.

threedogs
6th March 2014, 07:23 AM
I have generic 3" system with a sports full flow cat, very happy with performance, and fuel economy.