PDA

View Full Version : Help lol

ThomasWatson
4th March 2014, 11:22 PM
So I was driving my car yesterday and today and it feels weird (I know I'm a mechanic but I don't know this car yet)

So I take of everything seems fine but once I get to about 2500 rpm it seems to lose power and I am thinking it's the clutch but is there something else it could be I have checked it all and boost is still good and I know my IC is leaking but not much

Is it just the clutch slipping?

ThomasWatson
4th March 2014, 11:23 PM
Rephrase that it revs out but doesn't seem to get very far

happygu
4th March 2014, 11:38 PM
Thomas,

Can you smell any burning smell?

Will it stall if you try to take off in Second or Third Gear, or does it just start to rev?

Mic

ThomasWatson
4th March 2014, 11:40 PM
Stall test it revs in 4th so that's the first sign and it does smell but not like clutch well not like a normal car clutch but doesn't smell like burning oil

I'm just curious to see if other people have had this issue and it turns out it wasn't the clutch either way the car is getting a new clutch just wanting to research it a little more

huardlc
6th March 2014, 12:07 PM
hi thomas dont get what your problem is ? engine is running correctly and revs up but yu seem to be lacking ''transmission'' is that it ? like yu press on the pedal but yu cant feel the power transmitted ? what engine do yu have diesel or petrol ?

Rickie3
6th March 2014, 12:59 PM
(I know I'm a mechanic but I don't know this car yet)

I thought a good mechanic would know any car? do you work in a workshop, how do you trouble shoot and fix other customers cars LOL, to test if clutch is slipping find a big hill and stop half way up and try to take off, if the clutch is bad it will rev and if at all move

threedogs
6th March 2014, 01:47 PM
Stall test it revs in 4th so that's the first sign and it does smell but not like clutch well not like a normal car clutch but doesn't smell like burning oil

I'm just curious to see if other people have had this issue and it turns out it wasn't the clutch either way the car is getting a new clutch just wanting to research it a little more

Where you at now Thomas ?? Still need to know which motor you have petrol/diesel & manual/Auto

ThomasWatson
8th March 2014, 12:14 PM
Sorry for the late reply

I have a 2001 zd30 5speed manual

Sent from my iPhone using Motorculture mobile app

threedogs
8th March 2014, 04:09 PM
as suggested have you tried driving up a steep hill.?

ThomasWatson
8th March 2014, 10:19 PM
It won't go up a hill lol it is definitely clutch went to move it today and all I could smell was the fibrous material burning