PDA

View Full Version : OEM electric radiator fan on GU7?

pas
4th March 2014, 09:04 AM
I have owned a 2005 GU5 DX 3.0 for years. So happy with it went and bought a replacement recently 2010 GU7 but unlike my GU5 there is no OEM electric radiator fan. What has happened is it dropped from all new patrols?
Should I rip it off my GU5 before I sell it?

threedogs
4th March 2014, 09:24 AM
that would be the aircon fan wouldn't it

Yendor
4th March 2014, 01:36 PM
Yes Nissan have stopped installing the condenser fan.

I have just installed the condenser fan on my GU8 that I removed from my GU4. It bolts straight up and half the wiring in already there for it.

The relay is in the relay box beside the battery. It labeled as "RAD" or something similar. The switching side of the relay is already wired, so you just need to run power to the relay via a fuse and then run wires from the relay out to the condenser fan.

This was on a GU8 so on the GU7 all the wiring might still be there.

mudski
4th March 2014, 09:53 PM
Not having a fan on the condensor is just asking for premature death of the a/c system. But there must be a reason fro not putting one in. No matter how sophisticated the setup is a fan on the condensor is always a good thing. Sitting in traffic on a 35c plus day with the a/c on and no fan cooling the condensor the a/c would really struggle.

happygu
4th March 2014, 10:25 PM
You would be able to grab one from the wreckers cheap enough if you are worried about it....

pas
6th March 2014, 10:55 AM
In 2009/10 Nissan stopped marketing the Y61 to the Middle east (went to only Y62). My guess is they decided the extra cooling was for the middle east and not required in our environment. Well if it is an OEM feature that will help my car better in extreme conditions why not put it back in.

My GU5 fan has four wire inputs I am assuming hi and low speeds. I have not been successful yet finding the other end of these wires in the fuse box. There is a relay marked radiator fan, but they are different sizes and colours.
My GU7 has a vacant relay in the right spot with two small wires presumably signal current, It this what you found Yendor?.

Yendor
6th March 2014, 01:13 PM
Yeah mate, It's the blue relay in top of picture and a photo taken from underneath the relay box.