PDA

View Full Version : New West Aussie Member

Tornado
3rd February 2011, 03:00 PM
Hi I'm Tornado (Mark)

New to the forum but have been a keen 4x4er in the past, with my daughters arrival I've been a touch busy to get out much. Looking forward to getting to know a few about here and getting my hands on another Patrol. I'm currently minus Patrol, but will be on the look out for another soon. The work ute has to do for now to get me out into the sticks and lug the camping gear.

Anyway. Great to be here. :tongue:

AB
3rd February 2011, 03:07 PM
Welcome to the forum Mark, congrats on the new baby mate!

Feel free to ask any questions and join in the conversations.

Tornado
3rd February 2011, 03:09 PM
Thanks AB. Will do.

Bob
3rd February 2011, 03:18 PM
Welcome Mark and hope its no too long before you are behind the Wheel of a Trol. Join in the conversations and enjoy

DX grunt
3rd February 2011, 03:19 PM
G"day Mark

Welcome to the forum. There's about 3-4 members from here that live in MH. Feel free to ask anything, somebody should be able to help.

Take care out there.

Ross
DX grunt

Tornado
3rd February 2011, 03:21 PM
Hey Bob. Yeah I hope so too. I have a Rodeo ute currently that has filled the void for a while (well as best as a lil truck can) and it has been handy lugging building materials and general work stuff. When things quieten down a bit on the home front and the funds allow, I'll try and build something tidy enough to satisfy my camping and roaming desires. Nothing mental, just capable really.

patch697
3rd February 2011, 03:56 PM
Welcome on board Mark & I hope you enjoy the forum.

Dhuck
3rd February 2011, 05:15 PM
Welcome to the forum Mark

Woof
3rd February 2011, 05:30 PM
Welcome Mark, enjoy the forum mate, it's great to see another West Australian here especially from Mandurah.

Tornado
3rd February 2011, 06:01 PM
Mandurah is a good spot as you know Dogman. Looking forward to sneaking into White hills for a fish soon. See whats biting

wildgu6
3rd February 2011, 06:18 PM
Hey Mark, Welcome aboard mate, Name like that yoy should live in QLD buddy
Great bunch of people with a s*** load of knowledge, experience and adventures to share.
Plenty of good laughs along the way as well.
Surf around and join in where ever you feel comfortable.

Good luck, Welcome aboard and Enjoy the ride.
Hope you have a great 2011.
Happy trekin buddy, stay safe

Cheers Pete

Tornado
3rd February 2011, 06:46 PM
Thanks Pete. Tornado is my motorcycling name that I've carried over from Aussie Street Bikes. I'm on a few forums for different interests and it's too hard trying to remember different names and passwords.

MS29431
3rd February 2011, 06:57 PM
Hey Mark welcome to the nissan patrol forum if you've got any questions dont hesitate to ask 'em these guys realy know there stuff and are always keen to help out and to give advice the've helped me out heaps

Maxhead
3rd February 2011, 10:52 PM
Welcome to the forum Mark, hope you enjoy

RustyNails
3rd February 2011, 11:38 PM
G'day Mark
Great to see another Sandgroper
Maybe we will see you out on the tracks soon

Paul

Boagie
3rd February 2011, 11:45 PM
welcome mate--fellow sandgroper

Clunk
4th February 2011, 12:03 AM
Nice to see yet another Westy on board. Welcome mate.

Tornado
4th February 2011, 12:43 AM
Hi Clunk

Where is your avatar pic taken? Looks like a challenge. Looks a bit like a spot up on cape york I've seen pics of

Clunk
4th February 2011, 01:16 AM
Hi Clunk

Where is your avatar pic taken? Looks like a challenge. Looks a bit like a spot up on cape york I've seen pics of

That was at the Power lines track (Mundairing). Was a bit of a tight sqeeze, has a bit of a right hand dog leg to the entance. There used to be a bit of bar work that hung 6 inches lower than the bumper, so first time I tried it, I didn't have enough forward clearance, so couldn't move forward and it was a right pig to reverse out of................. thank f@@@ for the scrubs. That bar work was cut off about a week later. Needles to say all is good now, would still like to get it lifted a couple of inches though.

Tornado
4th February 2011, 02:09 AM
Haven't been up there for a couple of yrs. Forgot that bit. Was a bit ripped up last time I went. After a few trucks with 34'S or so hit it, low clearance trucks like mine need to be well driven.

Clunk
4th February 2011, 02:13 AM
tell me about it, I'll have a gentle look first and if I don't think the Q will do it, then I'll just back up and go round. Reckon it's a good place for beginers like me.

Finly Owner
7th February 2011, 12:06 AM
Hi and welcome to Nissans Nut House Mark