PDA

View Full Version : Engel fridge temp control in gu patrol

Fozzee63
2nd March 2014, 07:00 PM
Sorry to lead ppl astray hope this is allowed and it going in my 4.2 gu PATROL.

Engels temp control on a new 60 ltr fridge freezer, I have a 45ltr fridge that I had to make a controller to keep the temp at a constant 3-5 degrees as the normal turn nob control would not control at a set temp the fridge was great through the day sitting on about 4 degrees but night time would start to freeze stuff so we ended up turning the controller down at night and up in the morning this was a pain in the ass, - so hence the controller.

so my question does anyone know if the the new 60 ltr fridges control digitally ( set the temp and it stays at that temp no matter what the ambiant temp is)

We have done our maths and power consumption figures heavier duty wiring good wiring plugs that don't fall out or melt :/
Hope someone can help us

Cheers fozzee

rex
2nd March 2014, 07:17 PM
Sorry to lead ppl astray hope this is allowed and it going in my 4.2 gu PATROL.

Engels temp control on a new 60 ltr fridge freezer, I have a 45ltr fridge that I had to make a controller to keep the temp at a constant 3-5 degrees as the normal turn nob control would not control at a set temp the fridge was great through the day sitting on about 4 degrees but night time would start to freeze stuff so we ended up turning the controller down at night and up in the morning this was a pain in the ass, - so hence the controller.

so my question does anyone know if the the new 60 ltr fridges control digitally ( set the temp and it stays at that temp no matter what the ambiant temp is)

We have done our maths and power consumption figures heavier duty wiring good wiring plugs that don't fall out or melt :/
Hope someone can help us

Cheers fozzee

not sure with the 60 mate but my 40 with digatil display is spot on set it at 2 degrees and that is were it stays also have wiriless moniter just to make sure

Fozzee63
2nd March 2014, 08:04 PM
Sorry it was a 38 ltr plastic with turn nob no digital readout

the evil twin
3rd March 2014, 01:18 AM
Sorry it was a 38 ltr plastic with turn nob no digital readout

Thats what I have... it stays within +/- 2 degrees of where I set it.

I found the best idea was to put a small mark on the scale at the equivalent temp for where you most commonly use it.

Drew
3rd March 2014, 05:19 AM
I haven't found the controls accurate mate, I set mine at around 1.5 and it can go anywhere (I havent been keen enough to work out the fluctuation). I think the digital readout is for info only so maybe when you do a new controller you'll share the love on what you did :)

threedogs
3rd March 2014, 05:59 AM
I made a digital temp controller for the fridge ,Ill try and find the thread

http://www.nissanpatrol.com.au/forums/showthread.php?14469-Digital-temp-controller&highlight=digital+temp+controller

threedogs
3rd March 2014, 06:12 AM
Update heres the style of controller I used,

http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/12V-LCD-Digital-Temperature-Controller-Relay-Temp-w-Sensor-Thermostat-/161228922459?pt=AU_B_I_Electrical_Test_Equipment&hash=item2589fe1e5b

Fozzee63
3rd March 2014, 06:38 AM
plans soon to come on the controller box and threedogs is on it with the style of controller, I will have to get the part # on mine as it has to be one of many controllers they sell.