PDA

View Full Version : Need to know if ive been cheated by authorized agent workshop

seekers282
2nd March 2014, 07:48 PM
Hello guys..i need to know from your experience about zd30 head engine..please look at the picture..41345 is the engine seriel number being rewrite by a machine shop or not?because nissan agent said its a new cyclinder head..but why is the head gasket thickness is grade 2(2 notch) is it supposed to be using grade 1(1notch) unless the head is skimmed right?41346 im just curious

Sent from my iPhone using Motorculture mobile app

NP99
3rd March 2014, 02:20 AM
When a head is shaved down to it's limit a thicker gasket is used to compensate for the shave. Not the best head to own in that case. That's if I understand your problem correctly.

seekers282
3rd March 2014, 11:36 AM
So if it really is shave and thicker gasket is use..thats mean its not a new cyclinder head..because from the purchased resit..its brand new

Avo
3rd March 2014, 11:39 AM
what year car mate,be interesting to see if they even make new heads for your model still if it's an older one..

SupRob
3rd March 2014, 11:44 AM
Head gasket will affect it very little, all to do with the compression rating agaisnt piston protrusion,

1 Notch head gasket
Thickness: 0.65mm
Suits piston protrusion less than 0.078mm

2 Notch gasket , T=0.70mm
thickest available Suits piston protrusion more then 0.078mm

Thicker Gasket is always supplied in Rebuild kits, Cylinder Head Kits, Unless requested.

seekers282
3rd March 2014, 01:43 PM
Its 2001 nissan patrol grx 3.0..from the head gasket used bow is 2notch..which is not standard..so im not sure if the head is shaved or not..i should check the thickness of the head 1st..is there any easy way to check if its being shaved or not?

seekers282
3rd March 2014, 01:46 PM
By the way..is the crack visible after the head is pull off..and do i need to shave it before i install it?

NP99
3rd March 2014, 07:05 PM
Head gasket will affect it very little, all to do with the compression rating agaisnt piston protrusion,

1 Notch head gasket
Thickness: 0.65mm
Suits piston protrusion less than 0.078mm

2 Notch gasket , T=0.70mm
thickest available Suits piston protrusion more then 0.078mm

Thicker Gasket is always supplied in Rebuild kits, Cylinder Head Kits, Unless requested.

Problem is if it's on its last shave, you're up for a new head next time.

seekers282
3rd March 2014, 09:44 PM
How do i know if its the last point of shave?is it like this?41386the mirror seem to touch the bolt a bit

seekers282
3rd March 2014, 10:27 PM
If there is a next time..its time to go for 4.2 i guess..

happygu
3rd March 2014, 11:31 PM
Seekers,

What is wrong with yours?

Here is a picture of a new bare head - no engine number - so I don't know how you can tell new from re-worked, as there would be an engine number hand stamped in both cases

NP99
4th March 2014, 12:21 AM
How do i know if its the last point of shave?is it like this?41386the mirror seem to touch the bolt a bit

There has to be a spec somewhere. Not sure if it's in the manual?

Figjam
4th March 2014, 02:52 AM
Engine serial numbers should be on the block and not the head ( check against rego papers)
I suspect you may be looking at a part or casting number

SupRob
4th March 2014, 02:33 PM
Engine number on ZD30's are infact on the head,

I will pull a head off the shelf and see if I can measure it for you,

Rob,

seekers282
5th March 2014, 11:42 AM
This is the story..last year it was overhaul by the nissan bousted in my country..and from the purchase paper,its genuine nissan cyclinder head..and after a year..it got symtoms of head gasket blown/crack head..so pull of the head..and i notice the "new" head is using a 2notch(which is thicker than standard)..and by the number on the head..its like being rewrite..so im suspecting that they are using my old head last year by rewriting the new engine number and and shave it then using a thicker gasket..so im curious..just my theory..

SupRob
5th March 2014, 03:42 PM
Standard Head Thickness: 6.177 - 6.185

Rob,

NP99
6th March 2014, 08:54 AM
This is the story..last year it was overhaul by the nissan bousted in my country..and from the purchase paper,its genuine nissan cyclinder head..and after a year..it got symtoms of head gasket blown/crack head..so pull of the head..and i notice the "new" head is using a 2notch(which is thicker than standard)..and by the number on the head..its like being rewrite..so im suspecting that they are using my old head last year by rewriting the new engine number and and shave it then using a thicker gasket..so im curious..just my theory..

Well investigated. They could have been trying to rip you off. Where are you located?

threedogs
6th March 2014, 09:12 AM
wouldn't surpise me ,ppl are trying to ream you at any opportunity.
Very few honest ppl left in the world except the ppl on this Forum lol

seekers282
7th March 2014, 12:16 AM
Im from brunei..yeah maybe they are trying to rip me off..now im doing the overhaul by my brother and me..no more rip off..lol..

Bulbous
7th March 2014, 08:46 AM
If you're in Brunei then an obvious question springs to mind. Why don't you have a 4.8? Absolutely bulletproof engine.

seekers282
7th March 2014, 10:29 AM
4.8?well..there is no 4.8 engine in my country..not even a half cut ..