PDA

View Full Version : Gday from Central Qld.

Clam_gutd42t
2nd March 2014, 05:59 PM
G'day all.

Im Chris everyone calls me Clam.
I'm new to thee site, and hoping to get a little more info, Im a local lad in Rockhampton Qld, bit of a patrol enthusiast I own my second patrol the first being a MK patrol, rebuilt it turned that into a weapon then killed it and broke my heart. lol so now I own a tidy GU wagon.
Im not one to bead around the bush so i'll get straight into it, I have a little issue with my wagon and I was mostly looking for some ideas and meet a few lads that enjoy patrols and the outdoors as much as I do.
I own a 2000 gu wagon. Originally I had a 3.0 direct injection ZD30, since then I blew it up and put in a TD42 silvertop. with a highmount turbo, front mount intercooler and injection pump done to it, making respectable power. but the only issue I have left is, some times when I'm on the brakes hard and just as the car is stopping, the engine revs drop down about 150 pm, but its only brief until I take my foot off the break. I've ad me alternator checked (running the alternator vac pump and all) the braking system is fine. I had a rear calliper seazing up (common fault apparently). its collosal bad when the air con is on. and I was just wondering if anyone had some suggestions as to why the car might be doing this, my mechanic is scratching his head not having any ideas. So I'm hoping someone might have a idea or something I can try to fix it.

Cheers people, ~Clam

threedogs
2nd March 2014, 06:09 PM
Hi mate and welcome to the forum,
You might find you'll get a better response if you put your request in the proper section, as
not all read the intros, other than that, jump in anytime and enjoy

growler2058
2nd March 2014, 06:10 PM
Gday Clam welcome aboard mate

Avo
2nd March 2014, 06:13 PM
Hi Clam.welcome to the forum..somewhere I have read something of the same problem I'm sure.try typing the problem into the search box mate and see what you come up with...great info to be found here.enjoy

Clam_gutd42t
2nd March 2014, 06:24 PM
CHeers heaps gents

Dhuck
2nd March 2014, 07:13 PM
Welcome to the forum mate.

MEGOMONSTER
2nd March 2014, 08:06 PM
Welcome mate, surely the best forum on the net. If you need it, you can get it, if you want to know it, just ask it.
If you want to find it, go to the search bar for a universe of information.
Enjoy the sights and sounds of the greatest show on earth.

Mick80
2nd March 2014, 08:09 PM
Hi Clam, welcome to the forum. You'll find heaps of great info on here if you need it.

Stropp
2nd March 2014, 08:23 PM
Hi clam welcome to the forum mate.