PDA

View Full Version : Roothy leaving 4wd Action

Irish
2nd March 2014, 04:48 PM
Seems he's leaving to concentrate on his "unlock Australia" campaign.

Now I know most people are anti 4wd action, but I find the DVD's amusing for what they are, and they give me ideas on places to head out in the future.

I prefer Graham Cahill to Roothy anyway so it doesn't really bother me, might be less Tojo CV's sent to an early grave.

Reckon this'll be good for the mag? Reckon having Roothy out there claiming to speak for the 4wd community at large is a good thing?
(I suppose at least he's trying to do something while I sit on the couch and eat bon bons)

growler2058
2nd March 2014, 05:08 PM
I don't mind the DVD's either but only get them if someone buys me the massive 383 pages of crap advertising. Graham is better to watch and listen to hes got a proper 4wd after all. No one will miss that annoying voice of roothy im sure

rkinsey
2nd March 2014, 05:16 PM
I enjoy 4WD action and have learnt quite a lot between this forum and their magazine. For a new comer its been great. No they dont cover all 4WDs and all situations but they have raised the profile (for good or ill) of the 4WDing community and are pointing more people in the direction of our own backyard rather than a Bali Holiday....

Avo
2nd March 2014, 05:37 PM
that's cause graham is from pemberton...Bwhaaaaaaa

Woof
2nd March 2014, 07:22 PM
that's cause graham is from pemberton...Bwhaaaaaaa

Well we won't comment on that then will we....Bwhaaaaaaaa

mudski
2nd March 2014, 07:31 PM
Saw his old Tojo sitting out the back of MDC yesterday. Bita useless info but thats all I got.

Hodge
2nd March 2014, 07:55 PM
Who's gonna be bum chums with Glenno now....

Winnie
2nd March 2014, 09:59 PM
I thought he was just gonna stop doing DVDs?

NP99
3rd March 2014, 01:16 AM
No more cooking segments.......hooray!!!

Irish
3rd March 2014, 06:10 AM

Haha, first thing I thought too. No more shall he butcher some poor bar stewards most sacred family recipe.

kind
3rd March 2014, 07:35 AM

Haha I never knew there was so much hate for old roothy I love his bush cooking haha got a few good ones for him but in saying that im just a weekend warrior doi g a few over nighters here and there :)

taslucas
3rd March 2014, 10:50 AM
Lol, not one of those recipes stays the same. He just chucks a heap crap in a pot and thinks he's got some secret, cutting edge talent.

Just stop and think for one minute how different the DVDs would be without winching that green nugget the length of the country. They'd cover a third more distance in each issue! Lol

Hodge
3rd March 2014, 10:55 AM
I don't mind their DVD's. Seeing a lot of Aus, which otherwise would be unseen. What s**** me the most with Roothy is his sucking up to Glenno!
"Ohhh Glenno as always takes the technical approach, in his mighty Roo Systems 200 series".
Or Roothy's mentality, if Milo won't get through, nobody else will. Even though they've had 10 times more capable cars tagging along with them. Much more enjoy Graham's trips.

taslucas
3rd March 2014, 11:21 AM
Graham is Russell Coight..... But he's serious lol

TimE
3rd March 2014, 11:23 AM
Ummmmm maybe his contract was up and they didn't want to fork out the $s he was demanding?

shina
3rd March 2014, 11:41 AM
The blokes from MDC S*** me to no end on the DVD's pair of muppets

Shane

Winnie
3rd March 2014, 11:49 AM
Just stop and think for one minute how different the DVDs would be without winching that green nugget the length of the country. They'd cover a third more distance in each issue! Lol

But seriously if people were that willing to do all my winch work for me.... I'd let them.

rusty_nail
3rd March 2014, 12:50 PM
HOORAY!! that is all =P

taslucas
3rd March 2014, 04:35 PM
Anyone seen the episode where they are near Scottsdale in north east tas?
He's driving with some local lads in a td42 gq. Within about 10 minutes he says both these quotes:
"well I got stuck because I went first...."
"that time I got stuck because they went first...."

No sh1t! I kid you not!!

Colin Bermingham
11th August 2014, 08:49 PM
Roothys laugh makes me want to punch somebody, and Graham's Kimberley trip is f*cking epic

NP99
11th August 2014, 08:54 PM
Graham can be annoying too at times, but that bloody giggle of Roothy drives me nuts, esp when some shite has just hit the fan.