PDA

View Full Version : Detroit Lockers

Kev223
1st March 2014, 08:54 PM
Hello All, I have been doing some research on lockers and favouring towards the Detroit Locker... Has anybody fitted the Detroit locker to there Patrol if so I would like to hear first hand how they are?

macca86
1st March 2014, 09:33 PM
Most people use lockrite, Spartan or lokka for auto lockers and only on the front as the rear LSD is great. If you want selectable lockers eaton e locker or air lockers by tjm or arb are the go

Kev223
1st March 2014, 09:45 PM
Thanks Macca86, yeah defiantly only doing the front diff I was also considering the ARB air locker as well but it the great debate ... e locker vs Air locker I've narrowed it down to these 2. Just need to hear it from people who are using them in the field for final decision.

growler2058
1st March 2014, 09:50 PM
Ive had air (ARB)
Ive got 4wd systems goannawhere products Auto LoKKa and Luuuurrrrrv it. Best $400 ive ever spent. Just be sure they have em in stock otherwise youll be a bitter and twisted individual like @bloodyaussie

happygu
1st March 2014, 09:57 PM
Kev,

I don't have a locker yet in my new truck, and I have always liked the Airlocker, but I am a bit of an ARB Man....

Lately, after doing all the research, I am fairly convinced that when the time comes, I will definitely be going the E-Locker with a Secondary Isolator Switch, as the best switch space in the Patrol is too exposed and likely to get bumped by my kids that still think they are two years old and prefer going in and out of my door instead of there own, and my wife that thinks anywhere near the gear lever is fair game for all her stuff, no matter how much I protest.

....... The good old days when it was only me ........

Mic

Kev223
1st March 2014, 10:10 PM
Mic,

I know the feeling my kids are old enough now to know not to jump around in the drivers seat but I have the same issue with my wife. I already have the compressor switch on the center console to control my compressor which I currently only use for tyre inflation and that always get turned on by items that I keep saying don't belong there.

happygu
1st March 2014, 11:17 PM
Ha, ha, Kev,

Are we married to the same woman by chance ......

Mine has gone away with a girlfriend this weekend, and now you have me thinking ...:smileyvault-cute-bi

Mic

FNQGU
2nd March 2014, 08:48 AM
Kev, re your original question about the Detroit - I have one in the front diff and and can say that it works as it says it should. The Detroit locker is a different animal to the Lokka, Lock-rite and Spartan, and replaces the whole diff centre. Stick them all side-by-side and you will see for yourself. I'm not saying they are any better in how they work, or the end result, but to me, they just look far more substantial and solid.

The debate over auto locker v air/e/pro locker is another matter and there are a lot of other threads on the forum where this is discussed in some depth.

Kev223
2nd March 2014, 11:09 AM
Ha, ha, Kev,

Are we married to the same woman by chance ......

Mine has gone away with a girlfriend this weekend, and now you have me thinking ...:smileyvault-cute-bi

Mic

You never know...... I cant get rid of mine this weekend hahahah