PDA

View Full Version : GQ Anti Theft advice

Airstrike
3rd February 2011, 10:11 AM
So...... I have a construction company doing some work across and up the road from me. The other day I caught one of the workers under the car when questioned he said he was just looking. Unfortunately I only have 2 modes calm and VERY angry so he copped the very angry me. This morning he has come to the street (for work) in OMG a GQ series 1. I noticed the car out front so I walked over to have a chat he was parked behind mine. He was very interested in my tyres and was asking all sorts of Q's about my lock nuts. When he walked away I had a quick look over his car and I have noticed he has no spare and tyres are bald all round. SO my paranoid side of my brain is in high alert.... so here is the question. I know I can’t do much about the wheels/tyres but an alarm for the car or even an immobiliser what brand? Where do I get? How much to install etc etc. any advice would be greatly appreciated.

NOW... in case you are reading this (suspect) I have your rego and other details I saw on a Telstra bill in your front seat. You touch my car I will touch you.

AB
3rd February 2011, 10:15 AM
No good mate, I would be flipping out myself, very dodgy character!!

Hopefully someone who has put an alarm/immobilisor on theres will find this and help you out mate.

Shotgun tied up to the door handle maybe???....lol

Sir Roofy
3rd February 2011, 10:26 AM
Supercheap about $10 bucksbattery immobilizer fits on your battery terminal and positive wire + screw in screw out simple

nowoolies
3rd February 2011, 10:33 AM
pass me my shotgun ma!!!!

Airstrike
3rd February 2011, 10:41 AM
With the supercheap one do you have the screw in and out every time you want to go somewhere

Sir Roofy
3rd February 2011, 10:48 AM
Sorry yes you do but for peace of mind whats 3mins

XLR8
3rd February 2011, 10:49 AM
I've always had a good run with Dynamco systems. They do averything from simple immobilisers to full blown alarms with voltage drop, mercury switches & motion sensors. It all comes down to budget and how far you want to go. My daughter has the AutoWatch Blue light system wich was $450 installed which has ultrasonic and impact motion sensors plus all the usual.

Airstrike
3rd February 2011, 11:00 AM
That sounds a treat. I might call around for that.

Simon
3rd February 2011, 11:07 AM
Yes i would be slightly nervous as well... I gather you have lock nuts on your wheels, is there somewhere else you can park to stay away from this lad? If it were me i'd wait till he goes home and drive by his house possibly even knock on his door and just say hello then get in the car and drive away... I did that to a bloke once who owed me money... he moved from sydney to perth and i had a mate knock on his door at 6am to say good morning and then i called the guy 5 mins later and he paid up straight away... its very confrontational but if questioned can always say you were just being friendly.. ha

Bigrig
3rd February 2011, 02:20 PM
Sorry yes you do but for peace of mind whats 3mins

Yep, shotty is far too impersonal ... prefer a cut off axe handle myself ..

patch697
3rd February 2011, 03:02 PM
Yep, shotty is far too impersonal ... prefer a cut off axe handle myself ..

I'll stick with the 12 gauge its never let me down.

Airstrike
3rd February 2011, 03:11 PM
Yeah usually I would say something but have to be careful these days with certain words that clash with the Criminal Code :(

damianovdd
3rd February 2011, 07:53 PM
Here in Bulgaria are much car theft. To prevent theft of my second car (Audi 80) in the workshop they put intermittent switch. It stops the current (do not know to what it exactly stops the current) and the car does not start - engine turns but no ignition.
I suggest you do so - put the CK switch the location to which know only you and your relatives. This is the cheapest option.

Excuse my English :)

p.s. You may not save the tires, but will save the troll.

Airstrike
3rd February 2011, 08:26 PM
yeah copy I thought about that aswell as I have a lot of ghost switches. Cheers for the help.

red92gq
7th February 2011, 10:45 PM
GET BIG VERY ANGRY DOG! an make sure he likes to go for the groin