PDA

View Full Version : over heating problems

TKJ
28th February 2014, 08:12 PM
Wats up people ? How is everyone doing this fine friday evening? I am doing great so to speak. I bought a Gq last week and its got me baffeled. I am having overheating problems, after driving for 20min the car creeps up too half 5min after that its up at HOT mark.After turning the car off all my coolant was coming out of the overflow bottle. I have already done the following.
#1 flushed out complete system
#2 new radiator cap plus thermostat
#3 undone and retightend intake and exhaust manifolds (making sure there was no leaks)
#4 new belts and waterpump

Sorry to be a pain but can anyone help or suggest anything at all. I asked a mechanic and he seems to think that its the head and gasket. I am not convinced from his theory.
Much appreciated for any advice. CHEERS !!!!!

Avo
28th February 2014, 08:16 PM
welcome mate,yeah I'm fine..top righ corner of this page you'll find a search box..type in there GQ overheating,that should keep you entertained for a while..

Cheers

TKJ
28th February 2014, 09:07 PM
Thanks wa 489 !!!:smile:

happygu
28th February 2014, 09:09 PM
TKJ,

Not everyone looks in the intro threads.....

Start another thread in the appropriate section, and you will get heaps of responses. Dont forget to mention what engine type and size you have too, as there will specific responses for the diesel and the petrol

lets hope we can help you sort it out

Let us know also whether the mechanic actually viewed the truck, or just heard about the symptoms...

Mic

happygu
28th February 2014, 09:11 PM
Try either the GQ or Engine and Mechanical Sections...

oh...and welcome too

TKJ
28th February 2014, 09:47 PM
Cheers happygtu.

Dhuck
28th February 2014, 10:53 PM
Welcome to the forum mate.

Mick80
1st March 2014, 07:01 AM
Hi Tkj, welcome, sure to find some great info and some laughs here.

my third 256
1st March 2014, 07:14 AM
hi and welcome to the forum a great mob of people here and a lot of very usefull information
best wishes with your patrolling
stephen

threedogs
1st March 2014, 07:37 AM
hello and welcome to the forum,
jump in anytime and enjoy

BigRAWesty
1st March 2014, 08:55 AM
Welcome. Top forum with lots of info and great members.
Jump in and enjoy.
Cheers

the ferret
1st March 2014, 10:13 AM
Welcome mate, I would say possibly blown head gasket,It could also be a faulty radiator cap, or maybe the thermostat has jammed.
Cheers, the ferret.