PDA

View Full Version : CRD EGR plate fitting woes

Jamiepatrol
28th February 2014, 09:13 AM
hey folks. just finalizing my nads. finetuned the valves and catch can was fitted and now while i have the intercooler off to fit a cross country cooler, i thought id drop in the egr plate.
but... bloody hell its a tight fit. amongst all the fuel lines in that area its hard to get any socket in there to undo the bolts? i dont want to start pulling the fuel lines off to get to it even with the cooler off, from above i thought id have more access but no...
any tips and tricks about this???

Jamie

threedogs
28th February 2014, 09:22 AM
you disconnecting it at the top ??

Hodge
28th February 2014, 09:53 AM
I know the pain mate. While I was fitting mine I invented new swear words as I ran out of existing ones .
Best advice I can give is to use a uni socket extension due to the angle.

If you think thats bad. I hope you never have to replace a warped or cracked egr tube at the back of the engine.

kevin07
28th February 2014, 11:20 AM
if u have a 1/4 drive set with a hex head socket I undone a bolt holding the fuel pipes in place which made it possible to move them enough to do it oh and yes the uni ext helps heaps. wouldn't recommend doing unless you have the hex socket.kev

Jimbo4x4
28th February 2014, 07:24 PM
It is a pain, I had to remove the Intercooler to fit mine !

Jamiepatrol
1st March 2014, 12:49 PM
Thanks folks. there is a bolt you undo that allows the whole fuel line cluster to be moved a bit which givsd a bit more access which is what kevin mentinoed.
i'll give that a shot later on tonight with a few stubbies to dampen the swear words a bit.

Hodge
1st March 2014, 03:18 PM
Also mate. Don't overlook the fact the positive battery terminal is just there. Don't have fireworks like I did. From battery and my mouth.