go home and leave us in peace
and reinstate the 5000 jobs you are getting rid of
just my oppinion
i like irish peoplr , green beer , st pats day
just him

threedogs
27th February 2014, 05:51 PM
Most of my mates worked at Qantas or Q mart as I call it,
They saw this coming as soon as Joyce arrived , they couldn't take a golden handshake quick enough
Couldn't organize a chook raffle from what I hear
he took a 30% pay cut must be tuff with only 1.5mil annually to play with

Drewboyaus
27th February 2014, 06:10 PM
That twit has done nothing but run the joint into the ground (pardon the pun).
I know in a global context that the airline business is very difficult, especially when faced with state owned competition from the likes of Singapore, China Airlines, Etihad et al. but there have been some very average business decisions made during his tenure. I honestly can't understand how he has survived.
It is again another bleak day for Australian jobs.
It is also something that we as consumers again bear some responsibility for by always going for the cheapest price.

Stropp
27th February 2014, 11:11 PM
No difference to Telstra and ziggy switkowsky and him taking huge pay to ruin a once great Aussie icon.

Avo
27th February 2014, 11:18 PM
I thought they said he's taking a 36% paycut....maybe he knows his in the shit.This shit started yrs ago when they never ordered the 777.most fuel efficient liner in the world.then there was the screens in the back of seats..(I think that's what they were saying yesterday on the wireless)years ago before this bloke another bloke never took the steps that should have bee taken yrs before..But ironically the bloke they bi-passed for Joyce is now working at Virgin.Upset they overlooked him when he was already 2ic jumped ship...Bad descisions for years..

Don't get me wrong,i would hate to be anyone of those people that have lost their jobs with all the announcement lately..couldn't imagine.

BigRAWesty
27th February 2014, 11:20 PM
I know this sounds tough but I hope Qantas fails.
It'll be a massive black Mark against the whole management team..

In the short term yes job losses, nut someone will fill its place, and theyll need maintenance crews, pilots, attendants.

Can't be any worse than it is now..

Robo
28th February 2014, 12:17 AM
plenty of overseas people lined up ready to tell the lazy AU pollies just want they want to hear to get a hi paid job.

each time the libs get in, it's get the consultants in time, how can we save money, and slash and burn is what they want to hear so slash and burn is what there told.
great way of being asked for repeat business come again please how do we save money ohh thats right slash and burn and give the big end of town free rain.

Example.
FED liberal Andrew Robb, (no relation) the famous lib so and so, may of just signed your rights away!!.
letting even overseas company's tell us how much we Australians are going to have to pay for prescription drugs.
That is how much the company says the drug will retail for is what we will have to pay.
With no room for any kind of bargaining.
and if say the AU gov was stupid enough to try and get it cheaper they would be in breach of said agreement.
and liable, BIG $$$.

but hay there's no way a $$$$$$$$$ company would go give party donations would they!!
Stop the boats is working well to distract the masses hay.

Robo
28th February 2014, 12:26 AM
I know this sounds tough but I hope Qantas fails.
It'll be a massive black Mark against the whole management team..

In the short term yes job losses, nut someone will fill its place, and theyll need maintenance crews, pilots, attendants.

Can't be any worse than it is now..

only problem once the company's gone, its gone.
the gloves are off, no more majority AU ownership to worry about.
all the crews will come from a much cheaper market and planes will be serviced over seas.
which is exactly what they want, it's just a different way of getting there.

Drewboyaus
28th February 2014, 05:54 AM
only problem once the company's gone, its gone.
the gloves are off, no more majority AU ownership to worry about.
all the crews will come from a much cheaper market and planes will be serviced over seas.
which is exactly what they want, it's just a different way of getting there.

Was going to say the same thing. Once Qantas is gone, it's replacement would be servicing planes in Uzbekistan while hiring pilots from Inner Mongolia because they are the cheapest and have no IR legislation covering their conditions.
It's exactly what has happened with the various ships that ply their trade around the Australian coastline.

threedogs
28th February 2014, 06:42 AM
Australia have the best L.A.M.Es and A.M.E.s in the world.
taking maintenance OS will endanger A once great safety record which is second to none

sooty_10
28th February 2014, 08:58 AM
No wonder QANTAS couldn't make a profit with all the excessive industrial relations union crap that went on a couple of years ago, it cost them millions then and they haven't been able to turn it around. Good work unions, screw over the employer and then have a whinge when the jobs that you fought *cough* so hard to make better get axed because the employer can't afford to pay them anymore. Nice work. In the meantime all the union bosses are still living a good life and getting paid to apparently look after the little guy..... yeah right.

BigRAWesty
28th February 2014, 10:40 AM
Figures out state the CEO and crew have had pay rises of up to 80%..
How us that good business.

You can't move 100% of maintenance Off shore. You still need some sorta maintaining here.. But if you have different companies filling Qantas's flights they'll need crew and attendants..

apalsson
28th February 2014, 03:38 PM
he took a 30% pay cut must be tuff with only 1.5mil annually to play with

Now, what could we do with a Mil?
Brand new Y61 Patrol with all the little fan-dangle accessories from Nissan - $70k?
Top of the line suspension kit - $3k??
Bullbar, winch, lights, snorkel - $5k
All the latest "anti-grenade gadgets" - $1k
Set of decent tyres - $2.5k

What are we up to now? Can we say $100k with every bit of extra gear.
Poor old Joycey can have only 10 of them every year :)

Stropp
28th February 2014, 04:33 PM
so he took a 80% pay rise then took a 30% cut so still 50% ahead, bugger me!