PDA

View Full Version : Why is RLI Banned?

jack
27th February 2014, 10:35 AM
Just logged on and see that Paul (RLI) is Banned, why has be been banned? (haven't been any dubious Ripping Yarns lately).
Bit nervous now about what I post as I'm unsure the reason behind this.

I have tried ringing him but no answer.

TPC
27th February 2014, 10:39 AM
I am guessing he has asked to be.
All very disappointing, I enjoyed meeting him and hope to get the chance again.

Cuppa
27th February 2014, 11:01 AM
I don’t believe he has been banned, but has chosen to leave of his own accord. He has gone to a fair bit of effort to delete many of his posts and placing messages in their place informing us of his leaving. It appears he is making a point. It is a shame when this sort of thing happens, we all lose & he loses too, but the decision is his.

I am uncertain why it says he is banned. I am guessing it might be the nearest the software can come to meeting a request from him?

BigRAWesty
27th February 2014, 11:38 AM
After everything that has happened in the last 12 month's and all support and laughs this forum has provided its sad to see it end like this.

mudski
27th February 2014, 12:23 PM
Im getting tired of seeing chit like this tbh. If you want to leave. Then leave quietly without posting your reasons as it just seems to me anyway, that its just a form of attention seeking. Also all it does is attracted unwanted attention to the forum anyhow. Imagine a newbie who just joined seeing all this thinks. This is why I started to linger here that the other forum more when I first joined. It was rampant there now its spreading to here.

Not a good look...I see the forum as a business and any bad publicity should be shut down straight away as all its going to do is hurt the business.

04OFF
27th February 2014, 12:46 PM
Im getting tired of seeing chit like this tbh. If you want to leave. Then leave quietly without posting your reasons as it just seems to me anyway, that its just a form of attention seeking. Also all it does is attracted unwanted attention to the forum anyhow. Imagine a newbie who just joined seeing all this thinks. This is why I started to linger here that the other forum more when I first joined. It was rampant there now its spreading to here.

Not a good look...I see the forum as a business and any bad publicity should be shut down straight away as all its going to do is hurt the business.

Think mudski has got some very good points here BTW :)

AB
27th February 2014, 01:08 PM
To say that I am disappointed is a severe understatement.

Some people need to realize that what you are doing severely affects me personally as the owner of this forum.

I am hurting right now and some people need to grow up and think of the ramifications of both your actions and the cause and effect it has on both myself as a human being running this business and on the forum itself.

What some of you are doing to me is unacceptable and I cannot believe what I am seeing.

Unfortunately I cannot answer the 700 pm's and some threads we have here at the moment so you will have to wait until tonight.

oncedisturbed
27th February 2014, 01:16 PM
To say that I am disappointed is a severe understatement.

Some people need to realize that what you are doing severely affects me personally as the owner of this forum.

I am hurting right now and some people need to grow up and think of the ramifications of both your actions and the cause and effect it has on both myself as a human being running this business and on the forum itself.

What some of you are doing to me is unacceptable and I cannot believe what I am seeing.

Unfortunately I cannot answer the 700 pm's and some threads we have here at the moment so you will have to wait until tonight.

Well said AB, as a Forum owner myself, I know how hard it can become to try and keep a level playing field

Sent from my iPad using Motorculture mobile app

P4trol
27th February 2014, 01:22 PM
Sad to see RLI go. I haven't seen any of the chit that seems to have caused it all.

Sent him a PM, but no reply. Does anyone have contact details they could pass on?

Yendor
27th February 2014, 01:30 PM
Sad to see RLI go. I haven't seen any of the chit that seems to have caused it all.

Sent him a PM, but no reply. Does anyone have contact details they could pass on?

If your a member of P4x4 you will be able to get in touch with him there.

Stropp
27th February 2014, 01:32 PM
AB i cant imagine whats going on but whatever it is you have my full support for whatever you have done or will do to keep things running smoothly, nothing else to say really

Drewboyaus
27th February 2014, 02:24 PM
I too am gob-smacked by some of the (what appears to be on the surface) petulance displayed by some of the members in relation to whatever is going on behind the scenes.
I don't know what is going on but I was reading a thread the other day suggesting it is folks not being thanked or "recognized" as being one of the issues behind people getting the sh!ts. WTF? It's a public forum. Sure there is good information given and some bad, and lots of opinion but to expect some sort of recognition for advice given is not in the real world. Sure, I will thank anyone that gives me useful insight into something but to think everyone else in the world is like me would be childish. Advice should be given freely with no expectation, just as if when I hold the door for someone else they can either say thank you or not. Some do not. Is it rude? Yes. Do I really care? Not in the slightest, there are far more important things in life to worry about.
I'm sorry to see this happening, not only for the camaraderie that had been built but also for the impact it has on AB and the mods who works tirelessly to make this a good place to hang out and swap and share info.
Everyone needs to check their ego at the door, get over themselves and get on with life, either on here or not.
Please.

Winnie
27th February 2014, 02:39 PM
I like potato.

taslucas
27th February 2014, 02:40 PM
Your face is a potato

Bloodyaussie
27th February 2014, 02:47 PM
I eat far to many potatoes.....

rkinsey
27th February 2014, 02:51 PM
I grow potatoes!

growler2058
27th February 2014, 02:55 PM
I don't farken care

Sent from my iPhone using Motorculture mobile app

Lambroast
27th February 2014, 03:13 PM
I can count to potato..

Winnie
27th February 2014, 03:17 PM
I grow potatoes!

I used to pick spuds as a job..... true story that one.

NissanGQ4.2
27th February 2014, 03:32 PM
I don’t believe he has been banned, but has chosen to leave of his own accord. He has gone to a fair bit of effort to delete many of his posts and placing messages in their place informing us of his leaving. It appears he is making a point. It is a shame when this sort of thing happens, we all lose & he loses too, but the decision is his.

I am uncertain why it says he is banned. I am guessing it might be the nearest the software can come to meeting a request from him?

Paul has been banned permanatly, I do not know if it was because he asked or because he childishly decided to delete his post. Only AB can enlighten us and I'm sure he has more things 2 worry about at the moment then explaining 2 us why the banning came about.

All I know is there are now a sh!t load of once useful threads that need 2 be deleted as they are now pointless

jack
27th February 2014, 03:49 PM
Hello,

Firstly don't shoot the messenger

Finally got to speak with Paul but these comments are from me NOT him, Pauls direct message is at the end.

I think some valid concerns have been raised that effect several members and some of the responses to these concerns are way over the top. Pictures of cement bags, panties in a knot, get over it, teenage girl comments etc. don't always go down that well with people who may be in a fragile state.
You just need to read the Depression thread to see that not every person is in the right place all the time. This type of response may be just enough to push someone over the edge. I've always enjoyed this place and it's been a great forum and an escape from some of the issues I'm going through myself. The last six months have been tough, a young 20 year old died in a car accident 20 meters from my back door was tough seeing that and not being able to assist at 1am. Two months ago we lost our granddaughter at 24 weeks. This week my sister has gone into palliative care with inoperable cancer.
Unfortunately it's no longer fun here but I've met some wonderful people and really enjoyed it, I'm not going (unless I get banned) but will step back a bit and see how it goes. Guess it also depends on how many responses I get to 'grow a set', 'toughen up' or a 'picture of a bag of cement'.

Mods feel free to close this if you wish, some will probably comment somewhere else anyway.

OK direct note from Paul

To all forum members,

I am trying to leave this great forum with dignity and respect to all members. I am totally

shocked that that I have been Banned for trying to delete my own personal information.

I have asked several times to a moderator on the forum to delete all my posts and threads. To

date this has not occurred. I have even sent a phone message to AB today for his assistance

and to date I have not been contacted.

I have had a fantastic two years with you folks, all I did was to bring a matter to the attention

of forum members because some forum members were leaving due to circumstances that I

believe could have been fixed with the proper communications.

I cannot believe how this situation has unfolded, I have not had one PM or phone inquiry to

what is going on from any of the forum moderators. I am disappointed that I have not been

personally contacted.

Folks, all I want to do, is to leave and get on with my life. I have made some tremendous

friendships and I intend to keep in contact with those people. I would just like my wishes be

respected and all my information deleted. (Is that too much to ask for?)

PS, I wish you all the best in life and I hope that you are successful in whatever endeavor

that you all decide to pursue in life!

Kind regards,

Paul

Stropp
27th February 2014, 03:56 PM
thanks for passing on the info mate can you pm me his email address if thats ok with him, i did have his phone number but has been lost due to swapping phones.

mudski
27th February 2014, 04:03 PM
Sincere apologies to AB and Paul if my comments have upset you. the mods can delete my post if need be. I just dont see the need for any of this.
Paul you are a great bloke and I am honered to have met you. I do wish you would come back some day. Also to others who have left this great place.

Mark.

NissanGQ4.2
27th February 2014, 04:21 PM
OK direct note from Paul

To all forum members,

I am trying to leave this great forum with dignity and respect to all members. I am totally

shocked that that I have been Banned for trying to delete my own personal information.

So deleting most of your posts is leaving with dignity and respect to all members? Why are you shocked at been banned if you are removing all your post?

OK direct note from Paul

I have asked several times to a moderator on the forum to delete all my posts and threads. To

date this has not occurred.

I don't know which moderator you have asked but you were asking the wrong person, Andy is the only one that can approve all posts / threads deletion started by an individual. Deleting all threads / posts by a member is not ever likely to be approved anyway as it destroys the content of the forum.

OK direct note from Paul,

I have even sent a phone message to AB today for his assistance

and to date I have not been contacted.

Seriously.......... he is not even home from work and you want a reply!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

OK direct note from Paul,

I have had a fantastic two years with you folks, all I did was to bring a matter to the attention

of forum members because some forum members were leaving due to circumstances that I

believe could have been fixed with the proper communications.

I cannot believe how this situation has unfolded, I have not had one PM or phone inquiry to

what is going on from any of the forum moderators. I am disappointed that I have not been

personally contacted.

Folks, all I want to do, is to leave and get on with my life. I have made some tremendous

friendships and I intend to keep in contact with those people. I would just like my wishes be

respected and all my information deleted. (Is that too much to ask for?)

PS, I wish you all the best in life and I hope that you are successful in whatever endeavor

that you all decide to pursue in life!

Kind regards,

Paul

I really got nothing more 2 say, If you wanted to leave the forum with dignity you would of just simply logged out never to return

Drewboyaus
27th February 2014, 04:24 PM
OK direct note from Paul

To all forum members,

I am trying to leave this great forum with dignity and respect to all members. I am totally shocked that that I have been Banned for trying to delete my own personal information.

I have asked several times to a moderator on the forum to delete all my posts and threads. To date this has not occurred. I have even sent a phone message to AB today for his assistance and to date I have not been contacted.

I have had a fantastic two years with you folks, all I did was to bring a matter to the attention I f forum members because some forum members were leaving due to circumstances that I believe could have been fixed with the proper communications.

I cannot believe how this situation has unfolded, I have not had one PM or phone inquiry to what is going on from any of the forum moderators. I am disappointed that I have not been personally contacted.

Folks, all I want to do, is to leave and get on with my life. I have made some tremendous friendships and I intend to keep in contact with those people. I would just like my wishes be respected and all my information deleted. (Is that too much to ask for?)

PS, I wish you all the best in life and I hope that you are successful in whatever endeavor that you all decide to pursue in life!

Kind regards,

Paul

It's a dead-set shame that it has come to this for Paul and others. Especially given the troubles he has had with his health. I feel disappointed that he feels let down by some of the members here.
My personal view however is that to delete posts and threads as if an individual were never here is to deny history. It appears petty and flies in the face of "leaving with dignity and respect". That is not a personal criticism of Paul by the way and having met him and read his story I am genuinely surprised he has wished to take that sort of action. Perhaps shows the depth of his disappointment in whatever went on.
TBH, I haven't read the terms of the forum but I imagine strictly speaking that any posts by members ultimately remain with the forum ownership. It is the way of the digital and online world.

Edit: Snap Toddie.

my third 256
27th February 2014, 04:41 PM
so why do you keep going on about all this stuff cant we all let it go
leave him in peace its his choice let it go

Timbo
27th February 2014, 06:06 PM
I think if you're going to leave, do it quietly and honorably. I don't see the need to create multiple threads about leaving, threatening to leave, "what's wrong with the forum and that's why I'm leaving" and legal threats. The forum obviously means a lot more to some people than others, and I think those that are truly invested in it make the biggest noise when something has upset them. Everyone on this forum is on a level playing field. No-one is better than anyone else. The moderators donate their own time for free to keep the forum in tip-top shape. They are no better than anyone else. AB is the forum owner, he is no better than anyone else. So I really don't understand some of the righteousness I've seen in the last year with some people, I really don't. I've seen bullying on here, even though "good ol' Aussie Bloke" on here simply calls is jesting or a laugh. We've just had a female celebrity take her life due to online bullying. Granted, I'm sure she received far worse than will ever be here, but, all trees grow from a seed. I've seen physical violence threatened on here.

So, in closing -everyone.. let's just chill out, take a breathe and be sensible. Nothing is "going on".. there is nothing sinister at play. There's been a few misunderstandings in communication. Text is very hard to convey your true feelings and people read it how they read it. Let's just relax.

Bloodyaussie
27th February 2014, 06:20 PM
I miss you Tim!!!!!!

FNQGU
27th February 2014, 07:52 PM
Paul, your posts are valuable to all, please don't delete them. I fully respect your wishes to want to leave the forum, but please leave your legacy, your stories, and the knowledge you imparted. I hope your health comes good, and would love to meet you if the 2015 Cape Trip comes around.

AB and the Mods - totally agree with your positions on this. Respectfully suggest we all move on...

Woof
27th February 2014, 08:20 PM
I am that Moderator, I was in touch with Paul 2 days ago..............No further comments are required

AB
27th February 2014, 08:35 PM
I'm only writing a rushed response unfortunately gents. To be honest, I'm bloody exhausted with my own personal problems in life to which I am not bothering to share with you all.

Jack, to answer your question, RLI was banned because of reasons that surely do not need to be explained as you would see by the responses here.

This is by no means a permanent ban at all, I really hope Paul can come back here one day and move on with what he does best and hopefully understand that he is always welcome any time. The actions of this cause huge ramifications on the continuity of the forum for what they once believed was a brilliant place to be.

This goes for some of the quieter members who are experiencing problems with other members. In fact I have personally met, face to face every single person who is struggling to move on with the issues they currently face. I am not naming anyone but you know who you are...

Guess what....They are really good, honest and generous bunch of people, some of them I consider good friends and I know they consider the same towards me.

I know we have a bunch of mixed lollies here gents and I know some people sh!t other's with their actions but if you haven't had a chance to, please read MR's thread below.....I wrote it for him as he struggles with putting sentences together....(humour needed....lol) but anyways, have a read as it really speaks the truth = http://www.nissanpatrol.com.au/forums/showthread.php?26585-Where-I-am-at&p=484178#post484178

Moving forward, I also do not want to read any more posts on members bullying other members no matter what the circumstances are. This goes for "everyone" and I have no issue in sticking to the rules of the forum placed even if you have 3 posts or 33,000 posts.

I can't change what has happened unfortunately gents (didn't even know you blokes had that kind of issue) but we all can learn of what has happened including me so give it another try, press the report button to let the mods or myself know of things that trouble you and if justified we will take action.

A lot of built up anger was kept inside by some so by all means report on posts that go against the forum rules and I promise they will be actioned accordingly.

Closing this puppy down in good faith....