PDA

View Full Version : after market alarm

Rickie3
27th February 2014, 08:04 AM
My GU has key entry only central locking, ive bought an after market alarm that has remote central locking feature and I would like to wire this into my patrol so I have remote locking, does anyone have any pointers what part of the central locking system wiring I need to connect the 2 wires to from the after market alarm system to please

BigRAWesty
27th February 2014, 10:22 AM
Have a flick threw the manuals mate for the gu central locking system.
It'll have wire colours and all that In it.
Well the gq manual does..

meh
27th February 2014, 05:06 PM
You will need to get a drivers side actuator and under the dash all the wires you need will be there in a white plug :)

http://www.nissanpatrol.com.au/forums/showthread.php?12608-A-Guide-on-installing-your-own-remote-central-locking-in-under-20-minutes

my third 256
27th February 2014, 05:43 PM
i think yendor is the one to speek to

Yendor
27th February 2014, 05:47 PM
If your GU doesn't have the actuator in the driver side door. You will need to mount one in the driver side door and then just wire this up to your aftermarket alarm/keyless entry.

When you push the remote button this will activate the actuator in the drivers door and will also lock/unlock all the other doors.

This is the easiest way.

Rickie3
27th February 2014, 08:47 PM
fantastic help thanks chaps, got it all installed tooked me nearly all day, but i'm very fussy when it comes to wiring, I tested all then thought hey how come the drivers door doesnt work, bah stupid me it doesnt have a motor LOL, anyway any recommendations on what actuator motor to use? can I use say like the one that comes in those cheap central locking kits? I know the back door ones in those kits have the 2 wires so i'm guessing i could just butt those 2 wires straight to the aftermarket alarm system? the wires from the alarm system are actually butted into the little door lock switch thats near the electric window switches, I traced those wires back to the white block under the dash and joined the aftermarket alarm wires into them, so could I just butt the new actuator straight into the door switch?

meh
28th February 2014, 06:09 AM
Yeah just a single actuator with the two wires is all I used without any issues.
Jaycar is where I got mine

Yendor
28th February 2014, 12:34 PM
fantastic help thanks chaps, got it all installed tooked me nearly all day, but i'm very fussy when it comes to wiring, I tested all then thought hey how come the drivers door doesnt work, bah stupid me it doesnt have a motor LOL, anyway any recommendations on what actuator motor to use? can I use say like the one that comes in those cheap central locking kits? I know the back door ones in those kits have the 2 wires so i'm guessing i could just butt those 2 wires straight to the aftermarket alarm system? the wires from the alarm system are actually butted into the little door lock switch thats near the electric window switches, I traced those wires back to the white block under the dash and joined the aftermarket alarm wires into them, so could I just butt the new actuator straight into the door switch?

You only need a two wire actuator. You can buy these individually you don't need to buy a full kit.

Yes just connect this actuator to your alarm.

Rickie3
4th March 2014, 07:17 PM
I am in a real bother here ive wired everything up and the 3 doors are locking and unlocking with the remote perfectly, because my patrol uses a key to unlock all the doors prior to installing the alarm it never had a factory fitted remote so no motor in the drivers side door, so anyway today I bought a 2 wire actuator kit from jaycar thinking it would be straight forward to wire straight up the 2 wires to the trigger wires on the alarm central locking wires, anyway butted into them and nothing the motor doesnt actuate, when I installed the two central lock activate wires both black and white, I butted them into the door lock button on the arm rest which are black with yellow trace and black with red trace, but this way the new motor wont work at all, so anyway I followed this thread http://www.nissanpatrol.com.au/forums/showthread.php?12608-A-Guide-on-installing-your-own-remote-central-locking-in-under-20-minutes/page3 I undid all my wiring, as per thread said it was a positive trigger, I wired the central lock wires to the specifics in that thread, anyway when pressing the remote it blows the fuses straight away on the 2 black and white wires, so it makes me think the system in my 2000 patrol is negative trigger, or the wiring in my patrol is different to whats specified in the other thread, does anyone have any pointers as to what I could be doing wrong please ive attached the wiring diagram of my alarm system and have followed it to a T, its just got me baffled a bit

Yendor
4th March 2014, 08:13 PM
The Patrols are negative triggered.

It's strange that the actuator didn't work directly from the alarm unit. I'm guessing it's not powerful enough to run it.

I would of left it the way you had it wired up in the first place and just connected your new actuator parallel to the genuine actuators.

So connect the two wires from your new actuator to the Blue wire and Blue with a Red trace wire.

Rickie3
4th March 2014, 09:27 PM
thanks for reply Yendor, mate I wire it all back up to the way I had it originally, I didnt like the idea of no remote locking LOL, I just locked drivers door manually :)

ust connected your new actuator parallel to the genuine actuators.

So connect the two wires from your new actuator to the Blue wire and Blue with a Red trace wire.Ok will give that a try thanks, so clicking remote button sends a pulse through those wires to activate lock/unlock? hopefully it works, will report back tomorrow

Yendor
4th March 2014, 10:17 PM
thanks for reply Yendor, mate I wire it all back up to the way I had it originally, I didnt like the idea of no remote locking LOL, I just locked drivers door manually :)
Ok will give that a try thanks, so clicking remote button sends a pulse through those wires to activate lock/unlock? hopefully it works, will report back tomorrow

Sort of ..... When you push the remote button the alarm unit sends a negative trigger down one of the two wires you connected to the factory door lock/unlock switch in the driver side door master switch (the switch near the electric window switches).

This then activates the original central locking module. This module sends power to either the Blue wire or the Blue with a Red trace wire and earth to the other wire (it depends if it's locking or unlocking).

This is how you had it wired first off when all doors worked except for the driver side door.

Connecting your new actuator to the Blue and Blue with a Red trace is just the same as adding another rear door actuator. The factory central locking module it operating all the door actuators, the alarm system is just sending the signal to lock or unlock to the factory central locking module.

Rickie3
4th March 2014, 10:32 PM
ahhhhh ok now that makes sense, excellent info cheers, will let you know how I get on

Rickie3
5th March 2014, 10:02 PM
Yendor you bloody legend, followed what you said and all went sweet, working perfectly thanks mate I really appreciate the help given :)