PDA

View Full Version : Pedders trak ryder

glenno08
26th February 2014, 01:02 PM
Gday, anyone have any thoughts on Pedders Trak Ryder Suspension.

aljohno
26th February 2014, 01:41 PM
Hi Glenno,
Have had a 2" lift with the 45mm(I think) foam cell shocks for a couple of years.
Rear springs were rated for an extra 100kg and have now started using airbags as have changed the set up with dual rear bar and roof top tent and 80lt aux tank

Have been great so far and have done quite abit of offroad corrugations and and not had any sign of fade. Took quite a beating when we went to Alice Springs area last year
Couple of the shock bushes are starting to deteriorate and will have to be changed soon.

Truck also drags around a 3 tonne caravan plus all the other crap one needs when heading bush.

MEGOMONSTER
26th February 2014, 05:45 PM
Gday, anyone have any thoughts on Pedders Trak Ryder Suspension.

From what I remember when I got quoted the guy said its only a 40mm lift.
Quoted $1650 springs and shocks.

happygu
26th February 2014, 06:18 PM
Hi Glenno,

There are so many different brands and kits around, and although I don't know the pricing of the Pedder's Kit, I would think you could do better for your money......

I would stick with either the OME Kit, or Kings Springs and Koni's which I had run for years up until the last Patrol. I now have OME competition coils in the front and Dobinson's in the rear and Koni 88's, as I picked up a second hand kit -virtually brand new, at bargain basement prices.....

Mic

glenno08
26th February 2014, 08:26 PM
Thanks Guys,

Do you think a 2" lift is sufficient for just general bush driving & touring? Do you think an OME kit would be around the same price?

Cheers

lucus30
26th February 2014, 08:32 PM
Thanks Guys,

Do you think a 2" lift is sufficient for just general bush driving & touring? Do you think an OME kit would be around the same price?

Cheers

Just did OME 2 inch springs and shocks on mine for just over 1k a few months ago

happygu
26th February 2014, 11:51 PM
Thanks Guys,

Cheers

I have run a 2" lift for years and, for general touring it is perfect - a good balance of clearance, for body protection, and practicality.

You will usually find that it rides much better too

Mic

glenno08
27th February 2014, 02:15 PM
Was that a fitted price or just parts Lucus ?

lucus30
27th February 2014, 02:27 PM
Was that a fitted price or just parts Lucus ?

Just the parts

apalsson
1st March 2014, 05:46 AM
I have run a 2" lift for years and, for general touring it is perfect - a good balance of clearance, for body protection, and practicality.
You will usually find that it rides much better too
Mic

I have had two of my Patrols done with a 2" OME suspension and the difference is significant. They obviously carry more loads than the stock, corner better and also handle vastly better on corrugated and rough tracks.
My last kit cost me just under $1,800 fitted. Money well spent in my opinion