PDA

View Full Version : Hi Folks!

Barrbeast
26th February 2014, 08:50 AM
Greetings folks, Patrol owner from Scotland here :D

Picked up my girl last March, a 2004 3.0 SVE GR with 69,000 miles on the clock and have put around another 20,000 miles on the clock since then!

Only repairs have been the last section of the exhaust (reckon it was the original anyway) and a new fan belt... all other tinkering has been my own doing!

Done a wee bit of offroading in her down in Wales with some mates and had a session on an offroad site near me with one of the instructors sitting in the passenger seat (Bring Your Own Vehicle Offroad Lesson - best birthday present ever!) but offroading in Scotland 'aint as easy as down south :( The offroad site I mentioned offers yearly membership though so the plan is to buy that when I have some spare beer tokens.

Mod wise, so far I've got rid of the sidesteps (or gaysteps as Makeitfit would call them :p - fairly certain he's a member!), removed and blanked off the rear bumper lights and fitted euro spec ones in the boot pillars, fitted an oil pressure gauge as I'm fed up of the high oil pressure switch going on the fitz and my favourite mod... fitted an ARB winch bumper and superwinch EP 9.0 with synthetic rope (ideally would probably have been a bit higher rated but it's a good brand and it was an opportunity too good to miss, plus I've got a snatch block I can use with her if need be). I've also got LED worklights and a directable Hella worklight mounted on the bumper bullbar.

Looking forward to contributing as best I can. This is my girl...

http://i1348.photobucket.com/albums/p740/barrbeast/20131124_141432_zps8d0d07f3.jpg (http://s1348.photobucket.com/user/barrbeast/media/20131124_141432_zps8d0d07f3.jpg.html)

Avo
26th February 2014, 09:11 AM
welcome mate,great information and advice to be found here..Dundee hey,the wifes family is from there....Cree is there last name..

threedogs
26th February 2014, 09:19 AM
hello and welcome , haven't heard from makealift for a while say hello for me, probably rebuilding again.lol
we don't have the SVE over here ,what spec level is that my 04 is an ST pretty basic but happy with it.
Now you'll need to NADS it, Jump In anytime and enjoy

Stropp
26th February 2014, 01:00 PM
welcome along to the forum, we seem to be getting a few members from that way nowadays which is great. nice pics and don't forget to throw up some pics of your travels around as we love pics of other countries.

Gecko17
26th February 2014, 02:22 PM
Welcome to the forum mate. Would love to see what the of road terrain is like over there....

JoeG
26th February 2014, 02:29 PM
Welcome
Your wagon looks the goods
Lots of good information to be had here , helped me when ever I've had issues to solve.
Was over your way in a camper 2 years ago, lovely scenery and good roads, not many places to 'wild camp though' lots of height barriers stopped us.
nice to be home and 4wd daily on our own bit of road
Good luck with your travels and 4wding over there
regards
Joe

MEGOMONSTER
26th February 2014, 04:29 PM
Welcome mate, surely the best forum on the net. If you need it, you can get it, if you want to know it, just ask it.
If you want to find it, go to the search bar for a universe of information.
Enjoy the sights and sounds of the greatest show on earth.

growler2058
26th February 2014, 05:35 PM
Gday mate welcome aboard

Dhuck
26th February 2014, 07:46 PM
welcome to the forum mate.

my third 256
27th February 2014, 07:50 AM
hi and welcome to the forum a great mob of people here and a lot of very usefull information
best wishes with your patrolling
stephen

AB
27th February 2014, 07:49 PM
Welcome to the forum mate, feel free to ask any questions and join in the conversations.

taslucas
27th February 2014, 10:12 PM
G'day mate, welcome aboard:-)

Mick80
1st March 2014, 06:55 AM
Hi Barrbeast, welcome, sure to find some great info and some laughs here.

Barrbeast
5th March 2014, 10:22 AM
Thanks for the warm welcome guys, would normally have got back before now but its been one of those fortnights so far!

wa 489 - don't know any Crees but Dundee's pretty big tbh (not a patch on Edinburgh, Glasgow or Aberdeen but big enough)

hello and welcome , haven't heard from makealift for a while say hello for me, probably rebuilding again.lol
we don't have the SVE over here ,what spec level is that my 04 is an ST pretty basic but happy with it.
Now you'll need to NADS it, Jump In anytime and enjoy

Will do, he's working on his Terrano a lot if his posts on the Nissan 4x4 Owners Club (that's how I know him) are anything to go by. He is out in the Trol still, though a failed wheel bearing put paid to his last trip.

Don't know what level the ST was (didn't get it in UK far as I know) but SVE is climate control, CD multichanger, airbags front and side, ABS, electric sunroof, leather seats and the fronts are heated (very handy in our tropical Scottish climate :tongue: )

NADS is definitely in the pipeline...

Will try to get some pics of the terrain when I get a chance, not really many opportunities to just go offroading in Scotland due to our access laws :( Hopefully get some snow soon though and then I can go hunting for closed roads :bigthumbup:

This was last March...

http://i1348.photobucket.com/albums/p740/barrbeast/Photo0326_zpsb73b0ac8.jpg (http://s1348.photobucket.com/user/barrbeast/media/Photo0326_zpsb73b0ac8.jpg.html)