PDA

View Full Version : Waeco cfx-65

LachDiggityDog
25th February 2014, 07:59 PM
Hey guys

Just been looking at fridges does anyone own this particular model or have any opinions on it.

Any other fridge info is also welcome and much appreciated.

Cheers Lachy.

lhurley
25th February 2014, 08:02 PM
I've got a cfx 40 and am very happy with it. It uses very minimal battery.

BigRAWesty
25th February 2014, 08:14 PM
Cfx50 here. Again love it.
Uses bugga all power, and only went the 50 due to size and price, or it would have been a 60..

Only thing I can nit pick, don't trust the digital read out for temp settings.. I use a thermometer in mine to keep and eyet on it, set it to 4-5 degrees which is 2 on the fridge..

LachDiggityDog
25th February 2014, 08:21 PM
Is it worth getting the dual zone model?

BigRAWesty
25th February 2014, 08:25 PM
That's really personal preference mate and what you'll use it for..

But if you are going dual zone, get a split system.. Not the ones with the piece of crap plate down the middle of the fridge..
This way your only opening the side you want, not both. And the split ones are more efficient in the long term.

Dales300exc
25th February 2014, 08:31 PM
Had a cfx65 for about 6 months. Hasnt been turned off, runs as a beer fridge inside. Its been great. I love it. I run it off a single battery patrol no worries. Beer is perfect set at 0-1 degree on the display.

Considered dual zone. But I rarely have the need for a freezer.

LachDiggityDog
25th February 2014, 08:55 PM
I can see what you are saying about the freezer having 2 doors makes a lot more sense. My mate has the Iron Man, Primus dual lid model and that is defiantly the way to go for fridge freezer.

MudRunnerTD
25th February 2014, 09:16 PM
Consider the ARB range of fridges too mate. I borrowed one for a weekend trip and was really impressed with some of the features.

Temp control and display at the front like it should be. Lift off lid. danfoss compressor. Very well priced.

lhurley
25th February 2014, 09:29 PM
Consider the ARB range of fridges too mate. I borrowed one for a weekend trip and was really impressed with some of the features.

Temp control and display at the front like it should be. Lift off lid. danfoss compressor. Very well priced.

From what i have seen the arb fridges are more expensive. But they do seem to be a great bit of kit

megatexture
25th February 2014, 09:46 PM
We have a 80 ltr split and I like the option to make it all fridge or a dual zone in seconds and if your worried about opening the lid on the freezer all the time just cut up a foam floor mat and throw it on top Inside the lid

Cuppa
26th February 2014, 07:33 AM
Like Westy says, don,t rely on the digital temp settings to be accurate.
I have two ARB's which I like, but always set them a bit colder like Westy's Waeco. 1 degree.C setting keeps food safe under 4 degrees. C.
Be aware that the larger the capacity of the fridge the more power it will consume.
And if used as a freezer it will use a lot more power than if used as a fridge. My 35litre as a freezer uses a fair bit more than my 60litre as a fridge. If I had the space I would have bought a Trailblaza.
They are the best, with their extra thick insulation.

threedogs
26th February 2014, 07:45 AM
the more gadgets on a fridge the more things to go wrong IMO,,,,,,, I have an Engel 40 lt
that has been going basically non stop since 1994. It has no features but it does the job and that's keeping the food
and a few drinks cold, Use wine bladders of water to fill the voids and your fridge will cycle less, plus you have icy cold water for the kids if needed.
Only put cold stores/stuff into your fridge, and minimize the time you have the lid open.
use either and "engel" locking plug , merit or 50amp Anderson , most here would use the Anderson plug, Cig plugs arenot much chop
If you have the money get the National Luna /trailblaza ,best fridge bar none
Cheap fridges are cheap for a reason, this is a major investment so choose wisely
Waeco and Engel both make fridges of differing sizes get some brochures and do some homework.
What will be the main duties of the fridge, cool drinks watching cricket. weekends away or extended trip eg Simmo , Tip
If you can wait till the next Brisbane 4x4 show you might be able to snag a bargain with a few extras, slide , cover,etc

HuskyInAuz
26th February 2014, 10:07 AM
Like megatexture we have had a 80 L dual zone for four years, use it off and on in the 'trol and out. Easy to switch around to single zone and so far we have had no issues. (except misplacing 12vdc adapters ;)

LachDiggityDog
26th February 2014, 06:20 PM
Hey guys

Just an update. I ended up getting the CFX-65DZ with a cover, wiring harness, fridge stand and all these other goodies like a in car can cooler and BBQ set for $1325 bucks from BCF. They matched what Anaconda was offering and the beat the price too.

What do you all think?

lhurley
26th February 2014, 07:02 PM
Hey guys

Just an update. I ended up getting the CFX-65DZ with a cover, wiring harness, fridge stand and all these other goodies like a in car can cooler and BBQ set for $1325 bucks from BCF. They matched what Anaconda was offering and the beat the price too.

What do you all think?

Thats a ripper deal. I got similar other stuff with mine and it was just under a grand for a cfx 40L.

LachDiggityDog
26th February 2014, 08:15 PM
Yeah we thought it was too, I'm a bit skeptical about the dual zone feature on these type of fridge designs but it was only an extra 40 bucks to have it so we thought might as well give it a try.

Dales300exc
26th February 2014, 08:43 PM
Bloody good deal for retail. I snagged mine for $850 staff price. Wish I bought more haha.

BigRAWesty
26th February 2014, 09:58 PM
Yea good deal.

Mitch.mccabe
27th February 2014, 06:28 PM
http://www.4wdsupacentre.com.au/products/fridges-coolers/supa-deal-lectron-generator-2kva-waeco-cfx-65l-fridge-not-dual-zone-10-issues.html

Hows this for a deal!!!!!!!

LachDiggityDog
27th February 2014, 06:45 PM
Whoa! that is a freaking awesome deal they are practically giving the fridge or the generator away. Thanks for sharing hopefully some one else will snag this bargain.

Mitch.mccabe
27th February 2014, 07:09 PM
Yeah it is a good deal, but still have to buy the cover, and other extras, but still good deal. If only my financial advisor could see the need to get a bigger genie, and a much bigger fridge gggrrr, mightjust have to bite the bullet and be in the dog house for a few nights

megatexture
27th February 2014, 07:47 PM
Haha at the bottom of the deal the mag on the left is my gu lmao

lhurley
27th February 2014, 09:36 PM
Haha at the bottom of the deal the mag on the left is my gu lmao

That's awesome. Having seen the car in the flesh that might be a copy I would actually read

megatexture
27th February 2014, 09:42 PM
I laugh when I see it as I had a smashed rear window duct taped and spray painted black. They sent me a few copies next time We meet you can have a laugh lol sorry a read..