PDA

View Full Version : Loosing members from the forum!

PMC
25th February 2014, 01:08 PM
G'day folks,

I am really sad today because we are going to lose two really good forum members. I have had several phone conversations with these great people and they are frustrated about certain member’s attitudes.

The forum, or any forum, should be about imparting knowledge, assistance and hopefully forming camaraderie to its members. However, it should not be a place where individuals try to dominate it as their own personal playground.

I have seen the same issues with other forums when great people have left because certain individual members have been over powering. This then causes the particular forum to turn to shite, moral teeters, good members leave, and then finally sponsors leave creating an empty shell of a place.

The most damaging issues in any group environment ie, forums, clubs even the workplace is personalities and how to control them properly without offending others. It is always the little things that cause all the major problems in life and forums are no different.

PS, I hope the two forum members please reconsider about leaving.

Kind regards,

RLI
:cheers:

AB
25th February 2014, 01:28 PM
I hope the two members reconsider as well but I am also struggling to find out exactly what has happened that led to their decision?

I'm also struggling to find any wrong attitudes on here and I have not been alerted to any wrong doings either by anyone so what exactly is going on, unfortunately I cannot see an issue straight in front of me so what exactly am I missing here?

What do you mean by should not be a place where individuals try to dominate it as their own personal playground? What do you mean by domination? Do you mean some people posting a lot on the forum or an attitude of bullying by someone?

Excuse my ignorance Pauly, I really have no idea how some certain people have come to this and I would really like to know exactly why?

I'm really struggling to see who is overpowering who and how they are doing this????

Bluecrab
25th February 2014, 02:48 PM
Ive found this forum welcoming and very helpful. Advice is free, take it or not.
cheers Daz

the evil twin
25th February 2014, 02:59 PM
I hope the two members reconsider as well but I am also struggling to find out exactly what has happened that led to their decision?

I'm also struggling to find any wrong attitudes on here and I have not been alerted to any wrong doings either by anyone so what exactly is going on, unfortunately I cannot see an issue straight in front of me so what exactly am I missing here?

What do you mean by should not be a place where individuals try to dominate it as their own personal playground? What do you mean by domination? Do you mean some people posting a lot on the forum or an attitude of bullying by someone?

Excuse my ignorance Pauly, I really have no idea how some certain people have come to this and I would really like to know exactly why?

I'm really struggling to see who is overpowering who and how they are doing this????

Best of luck AB... and I mean that sincerely not as sarcasm. It's a Forum and will never be Utopian so you will go batshit crazy trying to sort out who got up whose nose and why without first hand complaints/whinges/comments or whatever.

Yes, it is hurtful and yes it is horrible losing members who feel they have been disenfranchised be that real or imagined.

I am adamant IMHO that this is easily one of the best Forums around with a great culture BUT there will always be something happens that pisses off somebody and the odds of that happening are proportional to the number of members and the forum activity. Given the health of those two characteristics here it is almost inevitable.

Bottom line remains that it is obviously better for everyone if we can retain valued members if at all possible so I hope indeed that the members to which RLI is in contact don't leave.

Bloodyaussie
25th February 2014, 03:55 PM
Oh for crying out loud.... really!!!!!

School was out years ago and if you cant handle this place what hope for the rest of the world!!!!

I don't care if it is someone I know and am friendly with but I am sick of the little whispers about who doesn't like who... for crying out loud you don't have to play together.

Life is hard enough...............

BillsGU
25th February 2014, 04:09 PM
What?? You have got to be kidding!? As a long standing member of this excellent forum I have never commented on behaviour or such - but this has to be a joke. I am going through this problem at the moment with my grand daughter and facebook. I am trying to explain to her how to treat people and how to manage situations that she doesn't agree with or finds it difficult to cope with. I did not for a minute think that this sort of situation would arise on a forum such as this that is supported by adults and well moderated. I have two things to say to those wishing to depart. Have a good think about it before you go, and; if you do go - it's your loss.

the ferret
25th February 2014, 04:16 PM
This is sad news.
Cheers, the ferret.

lucus30
25th February 2014, 04:49 PM
Where is the unlike button ?

04OFF
25th February 2014, 05:07 PM
As far as im concerned, we have already lost some great members, some are still actual members, but are not active in posting like when i first joined, for me personally this has effected the tone of the place.

There has also been some great new people joined, who now post on a regular basis.

People will come and people will go, the forum can't please everyone all of the time, and as it grows it changes, so just as i have done, the people on here must learnt to adapt, or simply move on.

I can not recall reading any posts/threads from my early membership days that annoyed me, these days there is plenty of comments/threads all over the forum that annoy me, but just as i change TV stations when i don't like what i see, i just try and do the same on here and switch threads. (its not "that" hard to do)

Some of my favorite people ive met in person has been 100% through this place, and its has, and still does, allow me to meet great people, as well as organise/join some great trips, so while this continues, im proud to be part of with whatever creature the forum morphs into......:smile:

Ben-e-boy
25th February 2014, 05:07 PM
Paul.

I know the reason behind one of the members, I could have been prevented if something was said about it

THERE IS NO USE LETTING IT SLIDE AND HAVING IT BEAT YOU UP UNTIL YOUR VAGINA IS SO FULL OF SAND YOU WANT TO EXPLODE.

Pull them up on it diplomaticly. If they fire back by all means fire away.

It is threads like this that have driven away good members......more than 2....good members.....and when you come my way you could meet at least a dozen of them.

XT43
25th February 2014, 05:08 PM

Ben-e-boy
25th February 2014, 05:10 PM
As far as im concerned, we have already lost some great members, some are still actual members, but are not active in posting like when i first joined, for me personally this has effected the tone of the place.

There has also been some great new people joined, who now post on a regular basis.

People will come and people will go, the forum can't please everyone all of the time, and as it grows it changes, so just as i have done, the people on here must learnt to adapt, or simply move on.

I can not recall reading any posts/threads from my early membership days that annoyed me, these days there is plenty of comments/threads all over the forum that annoy me, but just as i change TV stations when i don't like what i see, i just try and do the same on here and switch threads. (its not "that" hard to do)

Some of my favorite people ive met in person has been 100% through this place, and its has, and still does, allow me to meet great people, as well as organise/join some great trips, so while this continues, im proud to be part of with whatever creature the forum morphs into......:smile:

X2............

MEGOMONSTER
25th February 2014, 05:11 PM
I just hope I'm never put into a position where I feel better for all if I left.
Although some might find it a blessing. Lol

growler2058
25th February 2014, 05:30 PM
Nothing wrong with stepping back and taking a breath if it gets to ya. Sooooo ten deep breaths and jump back in :)

Maxhead
25th February 2014, 05:59 PM
You been causing trouble again Growler...cmon mate, settle:)

growler2058
25th February 2014, 06:02 PM
You been causing trouble again Growler...cmon mate, settle:)

I thought maybe AB had his bossy boots on again

Winnie
25th February 2014, 06:22 PM
Really? The forum has grown so much and there are so many new members. Of course there are gonna be some that annoy you! This is the internet, it's full of wankers! We are so lucky here were 99% of the members are top bloke . If you feel you have to leave because you don't like someone on the internet then so be it.

AB
25th February 2014, 06:25 PM
All I can do gents is to do what is right for the forum based on the rules I had set, that's all I can do blokes.

I have morals and cannot ban members or do anything sneaky based on pleasing some members.

I also cannot hold everyone's hands and guide their experiences on here and unfortunately I have to make decisions that will not please everyone and I have lost friends on here because of that but...

I just gotta stay true to the forum and the rules and my gut so unfortunately that's all I can do.

Anyways, Loved reading the positive replies gents, some feel good comments there which I appreciate and makes me glad I started this place.

Anyways enough softy chats...I just got inundated with pm's so if constructive chats can be made here to improve the forum then go for it...

Sent from my iPhone using Motorculture mobile app

liftlid
25th February 2014, 06:30 PM
I don't understand what you'r all on about, if you want to really be treated like sh t join the 4x4 club I used to be in, NP . Com is a great place to be!!

growler2058
25th February 2014, 06:47 PM
Really? The forum has grown so much and there are so many new members. Of course there are gonna be some that annoy you! This is the internet, it's full of wankers! We are so lucky here were 99% of the members are top bloke . If you feel you have to leave because you don't like someone on the internet then so be it.

You cant take a hint can ya hahahahahhahahahahahha

mudski
25th February 2014, 06:50 PM
Been there and done that. My remedy was to take a step back, accept people for who they are and then drank a bucket of concrete. The people here are great, we have a wicked time at every meet up. More met up's I say for some forum loving.

trekster
25th February 2014, 06:54 PM
Gee so you ring other people RLI but you won't ring me you tight arse! I was gonna be nice and not touch your patrol but now I'm gonna come past and pinch all of it for mine :) As for these other shenanigans, I have no comment to make as I haven't see any of it, I have a life outside of this forum you know!!!! Maybe some others should look at it like I do?

mudski
25th February 2014, 07:19 PM
Shame on you for having other interests other than here.

Irish
25th February 2014, 07:27 PM
Its just the nature of web forums in general unfortunately, not everyone is going to be on the same wavelength and given that intonation and meaning can sometimes be easily mistaken in our text heavy medium, people will sometimes get the wrong end of the stick about what someone is trying to say. I find the best thing in that situation is to take it offline with a pm and find out what someone is actually on about. If they are still acting like a bell-end after that just write em off and ignore them. it's the interwebs at the end of the day, it's not life and death..

Dhuck
25th February 2014, 07:28 PM
As said previously by others. There have already been several good members leave and some still here and not post. As Steve said (04OFF) there were members that were frequent posters and now are not. I am one of those. I can tell you all that the reasoning to some of us not posting the way we used to is due to the lack of response for the help/feedback given and a few other reasons that I will not go into (use your imagination for those that have been here for a few years now). Some people have no respect for the knowledge a lot of us have. I for one have knowledge that I am no longer willing to share as I get no nothing. Not a GFYS or no sorry mate you got it wrong or thanks mate for the info. F@#$ it (sorry)

But I will still be here to say gidday to those new members and maybe the very occasional post elsewhere (like this one).

Sorry if this displeases some but that was my polite response as this is a family friendly forum apparently. Or at least it used to be family orientated.

mudnut
25th February 2014, 07:43 PM
Like Irish said, if youse have a problem with someone on the forum, PM them and discuss it without publicly ridiculing them. Then if it gets ugly, ignore them or pass it all to Uncle Andy for his input.

macca86
25th February 2014, 08:03 PM
I have taken several breaks from the forum due to ill mannered posts or just over seeing the same shite day in day out also a rather large incident rubbed me up the wrong way all this led to me not renewing my membership which I had for 2 years. This place use to be epic I loved it I was on here daily mobile and PC. Everyone was friendly there was meets all the time if someone asked a question it was answered. Lately (6 months it so) I see a lot of threads with smart arse answers or really generic things or people not reading through the whole post then leaving remarks that are already been addressed.
It's not a thread count or post count competition be constructive don't post for the sake of it.
The forum in qld has died we use to be active now not so much not sure what went wrong but it did.
I shall still lerk and take what I want from here and contribute when I genuinely can help I'm not here to win the post count

PMC
25th February 2014, 09:13 PM
Gee so you ring other people RLI but you won't ring me you tight arse! I was gonna be nice and not touch your patrol but now I'm gonna come past and pinch all of it for mine :) As for these other shenanigans, I have no comment to make as I haven't see any of it, I have a life outside of this forum you know!!!! Maybe some others should look at it like I do?

Fark, i was not going to disclose that you are one of the ones threatening to leave. lol

Regards,

RLI

Clunk
25th February 2014, 09:15 PM
Some folk are just too serious for their own good.
Some personalities clash, some are able to bounce off one another. That there folks is the way of the world.
There are folk on here who try to help or assist with questions, there are knowledgeable folk on here who know the answers but choose not to help and then arc up about threads not being answered correctly. As in certain aspects in life, you're damned if you do and you're damned if you don't.
Most folk may think I'm a complete prick but hey I'm fine with that, it is only a forum after all (sorry AB).
Some folk just need to get over themselves and stop being a bunch of prissy menstruating teenage girls.

As always I have nothing productive to add, I am but a humble post whore.

Peace out

Ben-e-boy
25th February 2014, 09:18 PM
Can we close this thread now. I have used sand and vagina in the same sentence.......my work here is done.

Bloodyaussie
25th February 2014, 09:18 PM
Some folk are just too serious for their own good.
Some personalities clash, some are able to bounce off one another. That there folks is the way of the world.
There are folk on here who try to help or assist with questions, there are knowledgeable folk on here who know the answers but choose not to help and then arc up about threads not being answered correctly. As in certain aspects in life, you're damned if you do and you're damned if you don't.
Most folk may think I'm a complete prick but hey I'm fine with that, it is only a forum after all (sorry AB).
Some folk just need to get over themselves and stop being a bunch of prissy menstruating teenage girls.

As always I have nothing productive to add, I am but a humble post whore.

Peace out

Beautiful....... love it!!!

kevin07
25th February 2014, 09:19 PM
im upset people don't like my name because they associate it with someone else. sic

AB
25th February 2014, 09:30 PM
Yep...closed Benny good call.

These threads do not seem to achieve anything unfortunately and moving forward I do not want see these again as it spreads negativity of what I believe is a bloody good place to be.

I'm sorry if some of you don't feel that way and I just hope you can build that bridge, let go of that grudge or negativeness towards the forum, members or even myself and just be happy with what "we" all have created here...

Sent from my iPhone using Motorculture mobile app