PDA

View Full Version : How, where to mount provent 200 in gu td42t.

Robo
23rd February 2014, 06:48 PM
Notice a few threads here but nads thread is to big to go through looking.
Am going to install provent 200 in 2002 GU TD42T.
and wondering what you have done before to fit one.

any advice pros and cons on fitting?.
where did you mt yours?.
your brackets look like?.
what type of hose allows easy/best fit?.
etc etc !!

include pictures please.
cheers

my third 256
24th February 2014, 08:04 AM
i know its not a 4.2 bot this is where mine is on a 3ltr
http://www.nissanpatrol.com.au/forums/showthread.php?12293-stephens-catch-can-on-gu6
and yes you might need to trawl through some old threads

Robo
24th February 2014, 10:27 AM
i know its not a 4.2 bot this is where mine is on a 3ltr
http://www.nissanpatrol.com.au/forums/showthread.php?12293-stephens-catch-can-on-gu6
and yes you might need to trawl through some old threads

Thanks I saw your thread install a while back, nice-one looks neat.
I'm following your lead on thread for TD instead
trawl through some old threads I have, and then some.

Thought why not gather provent install ideas for td42t together in 1 spot for all to find easily.
cheers

sooty_10
24th February 2014, 04:21 PM
I removed one of the vacuum canisters on mine and got a simple L bracket from bunnings and made it fit where the previous vacuum canister was. I have a pic on my iphone and tried uploading with motor culture, but I am having issues recently in that area. I got my local pirtek to braze together two barb fitting to make a reducer which fits perfectly and they supplied the hose as well. On the bottom same as everyone else and just ran a bunnings clear garden hose with simple tap fitting on end into wheel arch for easy draining, haven't got any oil in there yet :) Filter is slowly getting oil on it. I'll try and get the pic up soon.

sooty_10
24th February 2014, 06:35 PM
41007 here's the pic finally. Had to delete motor culture and reinstall.

Stropp
24th February 2014, 11:14 PM
Here is mine, had to get the bracket made up by a club member. 41055

Robo
28th February 2014, 11:58 PM
Thanks fellers.

Bought the necessary bits n pces today to fit up.
went to truck supply shop to get the bits as generic auto supply shops don't have stiff enough hose for the vac side of things, well that's my experience. ( it's the larger size that the problem).
12mm air line very stiff and well reinforced as stiff as what is on was on brake booster.
10mm fuel line similar in build strength strong n stiff for rocker cover to provent
25mm silicon fuel hoses and some clamps.
25mm and 12mm barbed screw in fittings.

cut thread from 25mm.
machined thread off 12mm.
firm fit and swagged em together with solder and blow torch.
and I've moved the small vac cyl to where I think the diff lock cyl would be if I had diff lock.
so the provent will replace that cyl and I keep brakes as mr nissan intended.
just need to finish off install.

sooty_10
1st March 2014, 07:40 AM
Got a pic of where you moved the vac canister? Otherwise the same reducer setup mine has (Guy from pirtek did mine)

Robo
3rd March 2014, 01:45 AM
Got a pic of where you moved the vac canister? Otherwise the same reducer setup mine has (Guy from pirtek did mine)

Pics coming just haven't had time/car to do any more.

mudski
3rd March 2014, 05:55 PM
Just warning you the silicone hose will perish long before rubber will. Oil is silicone's number 1 enemy. Unless the silicone is fluro carbon lined then your right.

Robo
4th March 2014, 01:05 AM
Just warning you the silicone hose will perish long before rubber will. Oil is silicone's number 1 enemy. Unless the silicone is fluro carbon lined then your right.

Its (I was told ) silicon fuel line, so it better be oil resistant ,lol.
cheers.

Robo
4th March 2014, 01:38 AM
Made a bracket from a pce of sheet, bent and bolted on and a couple of pop rivets to be sure to be sure.
It was certainly easy to remove OEM bracket with vac canisters attached to attach the new auxiliary bracket and provent as a new unit and reinstall as an assembly.
But I trialled fit bracket to ensure clearances before I removed and drilled holes to bolt assembly together.

there were holes already in bracket for the small canister to just re-screw in new location.
the hose on top feeding from one vac cyl to the other is the original one that came from vac cyl to pipe leading to brake booster.
it has a little bit of sideways twist but only minor, fits and clears bonnet.
this steel vac pipe was originally under my new bracket so Iv'e moved it up and over the abs unit a little, now new hose connect nicely, no sharp bends.

sooty_10
4th March 2014, 10:34 AM
Looks very similar to my setup. I like what you did with the small canister, although I've got my circuit breaker there for the fuseblocks and rear power cable. I might look at what I can do with those and see if I can get the small canister back in somewhere.