PDA

View Full Version : bigger cooler, egr and daes valve

Maughany
23rd February 2014, 03:23 PM
any perth based members wanna help/supervise the correct installation of my intercooler egr block off and dawes valve next weekend? carton of beer and 50 bucks in it for ya haha

meh
23rd February 2014, 06:42 PM
Help ya for free if you near south brissy!!
Anything in particular your concerned about?
All the info I needed to install was on this website :-)

Maughany
28th February 2014, 10:35 PM
hey mate sorry for the late reply been a busy week at work! thanks for the offer and yeah my concerns are mainly wiring in the intercooler fans as mechanical i have no problems with but electrics just go straight over my head! lol and setting the dawes valve and in dash needle kit i just thought it would be better having someone with some gu patrol experience.

mudski
1st March 2014, 03:29 PM
Tbh mate a fan on the ic will be a waste of your time.
The gains will be minimal to none. Better of getting a better scoop to direct the air better.
As for the valves I would advise to put the needle valve under the hood. Easier to adjust there and its a set and forget thing too.
Have you got a boost gauge installed?

Maughany
2nd March 2014, 12:03 PM
Tbh mate a fan on the ic will be a waste of your time.
The gains will be minimal to none. Better of getting a better scoop to direct the air better.
As for the valves I would advise to put the needle valve under the hood. Easier to adjust there and its a set and forget thing too.
Have you got a boost gauge installed?

yeah ok i wasnt sure whether to try mount it inside the cab or leave under the bonnet. i use the obdII scan guage i have set to read my boost. but i have had other issues this week trying to get sorted with my hid lights seems a small inverter box my system runs has shit itself as im getting power to it from battery and harness but nothing from it to the ballasts etc.

threedogs
2nd March 2014, 12:17 PM
you can put the plug on the HID ballasts both ways they are not marked,
Google Chaz Yellow foot on installation plenty of pics available

Maughany
2nd March 2014, 01:44 PM
the kit was already installed in my car when i brought it but it was running the standard globes and harness, so i changed the globes yesterday and plugged them in but im getting nothing my mate put a check light on to see if it was getting power and as i say its stopping at the first relay box and not putting any power from there, so i think that box relay box has shit itself.. but i brought a whole new kit just then rather than fucking around there pretty cheap off shitbay lol

mudski
2nd March 2014, 10:53 PM
Here's my projected hid's. Awesome light output.