PDA

View Full Version : Fuel Filter on Nissan Safari

chrisc2306
22nd February 2014, 05:52 PM
Hey guys need some help. I am looking to replace the fuel filter on my 1990 SWB Nissan Safari GQ and I have the service manual for the patrol which is almost identical for my car bar a few differences and this is one of them... I am wondering if someone can tell me what to loosen to bleed the system after I change the fuel filter. I have uploaded a photo not sure if maybe someone could annotate it for me that would be really helpful. Thanks in advance!

MudRunnerTD
22nd February 2014, 06:08 PM
Tak the hose off that goes to the fuel pump and place a cup under that side of the filter and use the hand pump to pump through until there is no air splutter then refit the hose and start the car.

Is it a TD42 or RD28? Yours looks slightly different to my TD42 but fundamentally the same.

The Safari and our Patrol are basically identical in every way. You may have the odd extra accessory and some safaris are 24v where as all our Patrols where imported as 12v into Australia.

chrisc2306
22nd February 2014, 06:20 PM
Tak the hose off that goes to the fuel pump and place a cup under that side of the filter and use the hand pump to pump through until there is no air splutter then refit the hose and start the car.

Is it a TD42 or RD28? Yours looks slightly different to my TD42 but fundamentally the same.

The Safari and our Patrol are basically identical in every way. You may have the odd extra accessory and some safaris are 24v where as all our Patrols where imported as 12v into Australia.

Is that the bigger hose in the picture (the bottom one?) it is a TD42 that I have. Everything else has been the same apart from it being 24v bit of a hassle connecting up the radio for a while haha

chrisc2306
23rd February 2014, 10:06 AM
Done it today I would like to say all went smoothly but that wouldn't be quite true but anyway it is replaced and the car started 1st time so can't complain thanks Mudrunner