PDA

View Full Version : Dual battery circuit breaker polarity

lucus30
22nd February 2014, 10:49 AM
Hi guys doing my dual batts and going to be using short stop circuit breakers for both starter and aux in rear of wagon. The starter battery cb is straight forward.

However I just want to confirm that I use the battery end of the CB facing the aux battery with the aux end facing the starter for the rear battery ????

Also at a later date if I want to connect solar to my aux battery will these cbs work?

Thoughts on how to run the negative all the way from the starter battery with the isolator mounted on the passenger side ( no room near start battery) using twin core 6 b&s. Should I solder it on the passenger side? Or just use lugs connected to a screw in the guard( I could earth my redarc here also)

Yendor
22nd February 2014, 11:53 AM
Yes the circuit breaker mounted near the aux battery needs to be have the short terminal connected to the battery.

The two circuit breakers protect the wiring linking the two batteries. When you install solar it will have it's own protection.

With the negative cable, you can just carefully cut the insolation off the 6B&S cable (just around the isolator) cut the red wire and connect that to your isolator. Then just loop the negative cable under the isolator.

Or you can just use lugs screwed to the guard to rejoin the negative cable.

lucus30
22nd February 2014, 12:24 PM
Thanks was on the right track. Very helpful

With the solar I was referring to hooking up to aux and charging the starter as I got the dual sensing redarc for this purpose. But you answered my question any way due to the correct cb polarity

Thanks again

lucus30
22nd February 2014, 07:15 PM
All done. Thanks for the help

Yendor
22nd February 2014, 09:54 PM
All done. Thanks for the help

No worries mate.