PDA

View Full Version : Handbrake light troubles.

Bigbird91
21st February 2014, 11:43 PM
So I went mudding the other week, great fun... but since then whenever I turn right the handbrake light comes on and stays on till I turn left. Has anyone had this trouble before?

Yendor
22nd February 2014, 12:24 AM
Check you brake fluid level. Low brake fluid can also cause the handbrake light to come on.

GU CAMPER
24th February 2014, 05:33 PM
I had the same trouble recently. I found the brake fluid to be low. So I topped it up and light doesn't come on anymore.

the evil twin
24th February 2014, 06:29 PM
X 3 for the low brake fluid warning

Bigbird91
1st March 2014, 10:37 PM
Sorry for the late reply and cheers for the responses. It worked I never would have worked that out and I'd still be pulling my hair out. The fluid was still 10mm above the low mark on the reservoir, could this possibly mean there is air in the line somewhere? I have what i would call good braking ability so its never really crossed my mind.

the evil twin
2nd March 2014, 06:31 PM
Sorry for the late reply and cheers for the responses. It worked I never would have worked that out and I'd still be pulling my hair out. The fluid was still 10mm above the low mark on the reservoir, could this possibly mean there is air in the line somewhere? I have what i would call good braking ability so its never really crossed my mind.

... its in the (cough cough) manual but, yeah, not exactly intuitive is it.

Sounds like it is coming on a tad early but I wouldn't be fazed by it. If the brakes feel good and you aren't using fluid it's probably OK.
The other alternative is do a bleed I spose...