PDA

View Full Version : John Henderson introducing myself.

JohnInAfrica
20th February 2014, 03:37 PM
Hi,

I'm a long-time user of this and the South African Patrol forum and have probably registered previously, but as usual usernames and passwords become a bit of a guessing game with the passage of time and lack of a decent password keeping system, hence my re-registration.

I've owned my GU TB48 Patrol since new in 2002. Great car. Basic and tough. It gets used pretty regularly for off-road use and we've travelled up the Telegraph route and on numerous trails on Fraser and Moreton Islands, amongst others. I had it converted to LPG some years ago but have generally been disappointed with its performance and consumption, although only last week I replaced the MAF sensor which seems to have made an amazing difference. Another thing I've done, with great benefit, is to purchase diagnostic software and a cable from Blazt in New Zealand. I'm sure this has saved me thousands as have been able to diagnose and clear codes without being told that I need to $1,000 replacement part by a hungry Nissan dealer. Oxygen sensors regularly need replacing and again, I've made up a modified tool to be able to do this quickly, and I keep a couple of sensors on hand for when needed.

Di and I have been living in Mozambique for the last few years and accordingly, I have a 2002 Terrano 2.7 TD, fully kitted out in safari mode with back seats removed, a load barrier and false floor to store our 'ammo boxes' full of camping and recovery gear. I think I like this car even more than the Patrol! Tough as nails, economical and comfortable. Next month we are off for a three month safari around Mozambique, SA, Namibia, Botswana, Zambia, Malawi and perhaps further. Long intro! John

threedogs
20th February 2014, 03:43 PM
Hi John and Di and welcome to the Forum, need some pics of your ride we love pics here

Stropp
20th February 2014, 05:06 PM
welcome along to the forum guys, sounds like plenty of adventure and as TD says pics please.

MEGOMONSTER
20th February 2014, 06:36 PM
Welcome mate, surely the best forum on the net. If you need it, you can get it, if you want to know it, just ask it.
If you want to find it, go to the search bar for a universe of information.
Enjoy the sights and sounds of the greatest show on earth.

AB
20th February 2014, 08:03 PM
Welcome to the forum mate, feel free to ask any questions.

Sent from my iPhone using Motorculture mobile app

Dhuck
20th February 2014, 09:27 PM
Welcome to the forum mate

LaurelTurboDiesel
22nd February 2014, 01:20 PM
Welcome to the forum!

happygu
22nd February 2014, 01:54 PM
Welcome John and Di,

Make sure that you send back pics to make us all jealous.

There is a blog I have been following, where they have taken their 3 litre Di Patrol all around the world...You may want to check out some of their notes, for areas and suggestions. Their website is www.unurban.no

Mic

Maughany
22nd February 2014, 03:54 PM
welcome to the forum mate hours upon hours of reading very helpful tech information is available right here with anything you are looking for. enjoy.

CPOCSM
22nd February 2014, 05:07 PM
Welcome and enjoy the banter!

my third 256
23rd February 2014, 09:50 AM
hi and welcome to the forum a great mob of people here and a lot of very usefull information
best wishes with your patrolling
stephen
dont forget the pictures of the safari shoot

growler2058
23rd February 2014, 09:56 AM
Gday John welcome aboard mate

MoPatrol
23rd February 2014, 09:53 PM
Hello and welcome to the forum