PDA

View Full Version : Intro

timn
1st February 2011, 09:43 PM
Hi there,

I own a 2001 3ltr Patrol, done 150k never missed a beat. LOVE IT!!!!! I replaced a couple of blown globes today and now everytime I turn my park lights on i blow a fuse. I have bypassed the fuse with a globe and disconnected the entire wiring system that i can find is attached to the park lights but the light stay's on (meaning i will blow a fuse the minute i put one in) I can't seem to find where i have gone worng but tomorrow is another day. I was hoping to find a wirring diagram online but have not had any sucess. Any one had a similar issue, i have disconnected the tow bar plug, all lights and running board lights. Pulled the radio out ensure the dimmer light is not causing the issue ensured all earths are in good orger that i can find but i think i really need this diagram to see what else might be plugged into it

Cheers Tim

DX grunt
1st February 2011, 09:46 PM
G'day bro,

Welcome to the best forum around. You will find a wiring diagram when you talk to me and many others when the chatometer clicks over 25 threads. lol.

Keep talking bro.

Take care out there.

Ross
DX grunt

timn
1st February 2011, 09:58 PM
No worries, 25 threads, wow! should have already solved my problem by then but i'll hold you to that anyway as it would be a real handy thing to have.

patch697
1st February 2011, 10:08 PM
Welcome on board & I hope you enjoy the forum.

As for getting up 25 posts? just join in & have a laugh along the way, its not that hard on here.

Woof
1st February 2011, 10:12 PM
Welcome Timn, enjoy the forum mate, please don't do what a few others have done and just post randomly just to get their post count up to 25, they got themselves banned.
Not having a go at you but just letting you know mate.

timn
1st February 2011, 10:13 PM
I get onto a fishing forum every now and then, just like to show off the fish i catch though. Do you know of any NT guys on the forum? I hear they are closing beaches all around australia and not letting you drive on them anymore, a few in SA at the moment

timn
1st February 2011, 10:17 PM
Thanks for the heads up Dogman, Na i'm not into that. Hope i could contribute to the site and help out if i can. Like if anyone needed a cargo barrier i have 2 dont need either of them.

Woof
1st February 2011, 10:18 PM
I get onto a fishing forum every now and then, just like to show off the fish i catch though. Do you know of any NT guys on the forum? I hear they are closing beaches all around australia and not letting you drive on them anymore, a few in SA at the moment

Stets is from NT, just go to the Members Map here http://www.nissanpatrol.com.au/forums/forumdisplay.php?52-Members-Map that tells you where everyone is located.

timn
1st February 2011, 10:23 PM
Thanks, Done!

big_fletch
1st February 2011, 10:30 PM
Welcome to the forum buddy, u will have 25 posts in no time don't worry Haha

timn
1st February 2011, 10:30 PM
Ill let you all know what the issue was, just incase anyone else comes accross the same problem, Sorry Dogman after reading the site should have put this thread somewhere else. I just read one artlice there where you asked people to put something in here first.

I'm in Darwin NT
own a 3ltr 2001 Patrol
Will always be a Patroil man i need the room and 7 seats I'm married and we have 4 kids
Mainly use the 4x4 to get to fishing locations up here and driving holidays, Just did the Darwin to Adelaide trip and averaged 13.5lt/100km towing a heavy duty 4x4 offroad camper trailer (alloy) Very impressed!!
Interests would be Fishing, Family, Camping and Church
Bloody expensive living up here, thinking of making a move to Adelaide this year.

Chat to you all soon, gotta get the dishes done before the wife gets home

YNOT
1st February 2011, 10:34 PM
Welcome to the forum Tim.

When my wife and I first got together we made a deal, she does the cooking and I do the dishes. I bought a dishwasher!

Tony

Bob
2nd February 2011, 07:49 AM
Welcome timn see you are up to 11 Posts already. Join in some other conversations and you will be there before you know it

AB
2nd February 2011, 07:54 AM
Welcome to the forum mate, feel free to ask any questions and join in the conversations.

Dhuck
2nd February 2011, 08:04 AM
Welcome to the forum mate

Maxhead
2nd February 2011, 08:10 AM
G'Day Timn, welcome to the forum mate

Clunk
2nd February 2011, 07:32 PM
don't worry mate, doesn't take long to crank up the posts, you never know you might like it and hang around

wildgu6
3rd February 2011, 05:04 PM
Hey Tim, Welcome aboard mate,
Great bunch of people with a s*** load of knowledge, experience and adventures to share.
Plenty of good laughs along the way as well.
Surf around and join in where ever you feel comfortable.

Guess what, I started here by asking 1 question, and Im still here mate 699 posts later.
So 25 aint nothing buddy. You can do it.
Like i said they are a great bunch of people to get to know.

Good luck, Welcome aboard and Enjoy the ride.
Hope you have a great 2011.
Happy trekin buddy, stay safe

Cheers Pete

MS29431
3rd February 2011, 06:01 PM
G'day Tim welcome to the world of patrol electrcal drama's ive had plenty there might be what you are looking for in the manual section of this forum
If you've got any more questions dont hesitate to ask 'em these guys realy know there stuff and are always keen to help out and to give advice

timn
3rd February 2011, 09:59 PM
Thanks guys, I found the electrical issue. You know how there is no factory lights in the two large tail lamps well the guy before me obviously wired it up himself along with the running board lights and connected it through the tail lights. Once I had a fresh look at it all the following day I noticed the non factory wiring unplugged the running board lights and we were all good again. That's a relief I can go fishing now! I have quite a bit of after market wiring that I'm going to pull out and replace so I know it's done right, while I was in there I also re-earthed a few things too that looked like causing issues in the future. Chat soon guys

Bigrig
3rd February 2011, 10:06 PM
Thanks guys, I found the electrical issue. You know how there is no factory lights in the two large tail lamps well the guy before me obviously wired it up himself along with the running board lights and connected it through the tail lights. Once I had a fresh look at it all the following day I noticed the non factory wiring unplugged the running board lights and we were all good again. That's a relief I can go fishing now! I have quite a bit of after market wiring that I'm going to pull out and replace so I know it's done right, while I was in there I also re-earthed a few things too that looked like causing issues in the future. Chat soon guys

G'day mate - glad you found the problem. Make sure you slap some happy snaps of the fish up on this site also - lots of us are keen fishermen also!!!

Finly Owner
6th February 2011, 11:08 PM
Hi and welcome to Nissans Nut House Timn

Tim

nowoolies
6th February 2011, 11:14 PM
g`day Timn welcome on board
when you post pics of your rig lets see some fish as well
nowoolies
Paul