PDA

View Full Version : G'day from perth

Maughany
16th February 2014, 04:39 PM
Hey names rob from mundijong in perth, joined this forum after doing some research on the net and alot of questions have sent me looking through threads on this site which told me it is a great place for knowledgeable and experienced people to help me with owning my first 4wd.

Just over christmas i purchased a 2008 GU st 3l auto with 170xxxkms on the clock, she had a 2" lift with 80 channel uhf bull bar,2x pencil beam spotties and 1 wide beam spottie, side steps, rhino rack + awning 2.5" zorst with full alpine stereo tweeters plus amp and sub, ironman 4x4 snorkel, led interior light and led bullbar light/indicators.

http://www.nissanpatrol.com.au/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=40707&d=1392528625

as my previous experience with owning cars i havent been shy at getting straight into customizing them to my liking and purchasing this for a bit cheaper than my budget allowed me to purchase a few instant upgrades making me one happy bloke lol.

ive started off buying
- EGR block off with dawes valve and needle
- scanguageII FITTED
- full length steel roof rack FITTED
- hi/lo HID kit only 35w though FITTED
- dual battery kit with red arc smart start and deep cycle battery
- upgraded intercooler kit
- 3" stainless xforce zorst with hi flow cat FITTED
- deep dish rubber mats front and rear FITTED
- full tailored seat covers for 7 seats FITTED

i still would like to chip it and get a kanga jack and few accessories but unfortunately this is how it will stay for some time anyway.

looking forward to engaging with new people on this forum and learning from there experiences.
cheers for taking the time to read through my intro

Rob

Hodge
16th February 2014, 04:47 PM
Welcome Rob. Great forum, informative and helpful folks. Enjoy!!

Avo
16th February 2014, 04:50 PM
welcome mate,glad you could join us here.Sounds like a great car you are getting together.

Gecko17
16th February 2014, 04:53 PM
G'day Rob and welcome to the forum. Sounds like you will fit right in here mate. Got any pics of your truck? Look forward to maybe meeting up one day out on the tracks.

Maughany
16th February 2014, 04:56 PM
Cheers for the welcoming blokes,

@highlander yeah mate i have one from when i brought it but none of the recent upgrades, ive just been to the old boys whoe lives down a gravel road so ill give her a clean after work this week and upload some fresh pics, i have uploaded the one from when i brought it to try and use it as a profile pics but im guessing i need to wait a certain time or a certain amount of posts before being able to make a profile pic?

Clunk
16th February 2014, 05:05 PM
Gday mate welcome to another westy. Don't worry about cleaning your rig before taking a photo. We like dirty pics here, the dirtier the better ;):D

growler2058
16th February 2014, 05:08 PM
Gday Rob welcome aboard mate

Maughany
16th February 2014, 05:28 PM
threw the pic in the intro for ya

MEGOMONSTER
16th February 2014, 06:19 PM
Welcome mate, surely the best forum on the net. If you need it, you can get it, if you want to know it, just ask it.
If you want to find it, go to the search bar for a universe of information.
Enjoy the sights and sounds of the greatest show on earth.

happygu
16th February 2014, 06:21 PM
Welcome Rob,

Love the Trol.....just like mine......

Mic

AB
16th February 2014, 07:59 PM
Welcome to the forum mate, feel free to ask any questions.

Maughany
16th February 2014, 08:56 PM
thanks fellas,

im sure i will be either thread digging or asking questions when i come to fit my egr block off and dawes valve and needle kit next weekend as that is the one thing bothering me i have searched abit but havent found a clear guide for the crd zd30 yet

Stropp
17th February 2014, 12:52 AM
Welcome along to the forum rob, have to catch up sometime on a trip mate, keep your eyes peeled.

my third 256
17th February 2014, 06:01 AM
hi and welcome to the forum a great mob of people here and a lot of very usefull information
best wishes with your patrolling
stephen

Dhuck
17th February 2014, 07:26 AM
Welcome to the forum mate

Timmo
18th February 2014, 09:17 PM
welcome to the forum, hope you enjoy.

Maughany
18th February 2014, 09:46 PM
again thanks for the open arms welcome and

@stropp sounds good mate havent had the chance to really take her off road yet been working pretty flat out lately. so keen but nervous to see how she will handle lol

Clunk
18th February 2014, 09:58 PM
again thanks for the open arms welcome and

@stropp sounds good mate havent had the chance to really take her off road yet been working pretty flat out lately. so keen but nervous to see how she will handle lol

She'll handle just fine Rob....... Baby steps lol

I feel a run out coming on, I also want to try out my new acquisition ;):D

93patrol
18th February 2014, 10:44 PM
She'll handle just fine Rob....... Baby steps lol

I feel a run out coming on, I also want to try out my new acquisition ;):D

I am headed out this weekend down Harvey if your interested. Ha ha. Might be a bit far

camo81
19th February 2014, 03:06 AM
good looking trol mate what brand lift are you riding on if you don't mind me asking? i am fitting a 2" lift to min 2011 GU in a couple of week?

d.n.blewitt
19th February 2014, 12:11 PM
Hey Rob, welcome to site site mate. Its been really helpful for me so far.

Maughany
21st February 2014, 11:43 PM
I am headed out this weekend down Harvey if your interested. Ha ha. Might be a bit far

yeah mate will be abit far for this weekend just finished a 62hour week and have me daughter this weekend but otherwise would be keen
as clunk said would only be baby steps for me to start with mate drive a semi for work and competent with high horsepower cars but 4wds are a new ball game for me and don't wanna be breaking stuff straight away lol

Maughany
21st February 2014, 11:46 PM
good looking trol mate what brand lift are you riding on if you don't mind me asking? i am fitting a 2" lift to min 2011 GU in a couple of week?

hey camo sorry mate i couldnt tell you as the underside of the car has been mostly resprayed in gloss black including springs and shocks so i havent managed to see the brand at all.

93patrol
22nd February 2014, 10:08 AM
Slow and steady wins the race when 4wdriving. There's no need to go 100kmh to get things done.

Enjoy the life of 4wdriving

threedogs
22nd February 2014, 10:36 AM
Looking good and welcome to the forum

CPOCSM
22nd February 2014, 04:02 PM
Welcome and enjoy the banter!