PDA

View Full Version : LED Light Bars - South Australia Government - Seeing the light!

AB
15th February 2014, 07:51 AM
Not sure if anyone has posted this on here yet?

BigRAWesty
15th February 2014, 08:13 AM
It was but can't find it..
Good to see someone in sa gruberment has brains hay..
Hopefully the rest of aus follows

sooty_10
15th February 2014, 08:24 AM
Looks promising, they mention the ADR's are undergoing review so hopefully not long for every state to be in line with the new technology. I haven't heard of any official viewpoint here in Vic, but I also see hundreds of light bars a day and have never heard of anyone getting done for it. I imagine the police are using a common sense approach (is that even possible for VICPOL???).

mudski
15th February 2014, 08:26 AM

Vic better not. I ain't moving my light bar from the roof to the bull bar.

TPC
15th February 2014, 08:28 AM
They are changing the Australian Design Rule relating to lights so I assume it will be all states, this notice is to allow for the lights until the new rule kicks in.

Gecko17
15th February 2014, 08:57 AM
So it will be another 10 years before it gets changed over here in WA?

MudRunnerTD
15th February 2014, 09:11 AM
Yeah I posted it yesterday choppa! In the electrical section under ARD changes for LED light bars so the search will find it I the future.

MudRunnerTD
15th February 2014, 09:55 AM
ADR-change-for-LED-Light-Bars (http://www.nissanpatrol.com.au/forums/showthread.php?26353-ADR-change-for-LED-Light-Bars)

Clunk
15th February 2014, 10:13 AM
Nice one AB..... good to see you're right on top of things....... although a day late

Hahahahah

BigRAWesty
15th February 2014, 10:32 AM
Vic better not. I ain't moving my light bar from the roof to the bull bar.

But do your rules state "all driving lights infront of driver" already??
If so you can bolt anything up there and not be legal, New regs or not..

dads tractor
15th February 2014, 12:13 PM
This is qld law and go down to link on com.law at the bottom which you end up at UNESCO and learn the argument so when the police pull you over they will go oh that's all to hard or the judge will go to hard .

basically state signs under commonwealth ,commonwealth under UN .So the commonwealth is in favour read anyway so you get the whole story and legal opium as I'm not a legal advisor.

http://www.tmr.qld.gov.au/safety/vehicle-standards-and-modifications/vehicle-standards/vehicle-standards-instructions.aspx