PDA

View Full Version : RLI. Well folks, this is the final straw for me!

PMC
14th February 2014, 09:40 AM
G'day folks,

Well folks this is the final straw for me When Warwick89 stated in the Threedogs thread the following; "the outright bullying that has happened here".

As previously stated, there are people out there "that can not handle the truth" and take offence very easily with "constructive criticism". The assertion of bullying is the final straw for me.

One thing that i am not is a hypocrite, if i say i will not do something, that is it. That is why i will not present another one of my stories to this forum ever again as the content of my stories upset certain members on this great forum. Unfortunately, in this world of ours the minority rule the majority.

Also unfortunately, we live in a society of shooting the messenger, because as previously stated some people "can not handle the truth" or cannot handle "constructive criticism".

The last thing that i ever wanted is to divide or cause uncertainty amoungst this great forum of ours. This is a forum and as such i am now going to treat it as such. As far as i am concerned the matter is over. From now on i will only participate where i can on certain threads where i can offer advise, assistance or help.

In the future I will PM certain members on this forum who can still enjoy my humorous stories, but i will to direct them to another forum so they can still view them and have a laugh. I will also be careful on who i camp with in the future from the forum so that i do not offend anyone around the campfire.

I am a bit of a Larrikin and i will not change who i am. I like to make people laugh. We are surrounded with so much negativity in this cruel world that we live in, as i think humour is a good medicine to lift our spirits when times are tough.

I hate problems, i just love solutions. We had a problem, i have just solved the issue, so now it is a win/win situation for everyone. Lets get back to enjoying this great forum.

PS, please do ask for my stories as far as i am concerned the matter is over.

Kind regards,

RLI
:cheers:

happygu
14th February 2014, 10:10 AM
I dunno Paul,

Thanks for your generous offer but, you can't change who you are and nor should you in the main ..... and excepting for perhaps a little modification in the way your written words were presented, your post would have been accepted in good face.

It can be hard to accept criticism from someone you cant see, and who cant see the motives behind it all, and that is why a few words on a screen can be taken in ways that aren't exactly meant to be taken.

This forum is made up of a bunch of unbelievably good blokes, of which both you and John are both. Both of you are exceptionally helpful to others, both contribute in what I consider to be constructive and positive, and this is part of the reason why I contribute too.

I think we all need to just take a step back and enjoy what this is, for what it is.

There are always going to be disagreements, and posts we don't like - that will not stop even if you or TD never posted again, so don't stop for just a couple of people.

It maybe that a careful adjustment in what we write, and how we accept things is all we need from all sides....

Mic

Gecko17
14th February 2014, 10:21 AM
For what it's worth Paul, as a relative newbie to the forum, I believe that there are several people on this forum who I would love to meet up with eventually in person. I consider both John and yourself as people on my list of interesting people to meet.

I really hope this matter can be resolved.

Clunk
14th February 2014, 10:28 AM
Well that's a real shame Paul, I for one will miss your ripping yarns mate. At least you have chosen to hang around, so that's a good thing.
But before you hang up the hat of comedic story teller, I would like to ask for one more ripping yarn..... Call it an encore if you will.

I for one will be carrying on doing what I do and if that happens to upset someone, I apologise but tough titties...... Deal with it ;):D

Fry
14th February 2014, 10:36 AM
So do we need to make a " Ripping Yarns PM List" ????

BigRAWesty
14th February 2014, 10:47 AM
Has anyone talked to TD about this??
Paul you were never the cause I'm lead to believe..
Nor the bully imo.
I think everyone needs to sit down, take a breath and have a beer.

Stropp
14th February 2014, 10:51 AM
hi paul, mate i wouldnt take things personally, for me i will miss the ripping yarns so include me on the list.

LachDiggityDog
14th February 2014, 11:35 AM
Last time I checked this was a forum for discussing Nissan Patrols???

happygu
14th February 2014, 11:46 AM
Last time I checked this was a forum for discussing Nissan Patrols???

It is, and we are helping you spend your money on some new 35 inch Mud Tyres ......:bananarock:

Mic

nissannewby
14th February 2014, 12:03 PM
Enough said!

happygu
14th February 2014, 12:12 PM
Enough said!

I'm shocked :jawdrop:.... Is that AB? I didn't realize he was into that sort of thing ....

BigRAWesty
14th February 2014, 12:13 PM
I'm shocked .... Is that AB? I didn't realize he was into that sort of thing ....

Sure ya didn't...

Cuppa
14th February 2014, 12:16 PM
I post not directed at anyone in particular, & choose this thread only because it seems opportune. I have not even read the other thread about TD.

As Westy said, sitting down & taking a breath is probably a good idea. Dummy spits & withdrawals on forums rarely achieve anything worthwhile other than leave the dummy spitter feeling they have backed themselves into a corner with nowhere else to go. There will always be support offered & sides taken & whilst this can make folk feel supported it tends to leave a longer term bad taste on the forum generally, long after the details are forgotten that less specific feeling can remain.
Any forum is about the sum of it’s parts, not just individuals, but for this to work all those parts/individuals need a willingness to give & take.
I’m not sitting on a fence but wish to state that I genuinely respect both TD’s & RLI’s inputs to our community. Both of you are capable of making mistakes, just like the rest of us & at times have done. Back to Westy’s comment again. Sit, down, take a breath. Build a bridge & get over it. We don’t need losses.

93patrol
14th February 2014, 12:27 PM
well said Kallen and Cuppa

everyone needs to take a chill pill if you dont like something dont read it if it offends you then talk to the person directly, Geez if anyone here goes caming with me they'll be in for a rude shock, I have no filter when it comes to saying anything really and i can offend people but this is who i am and i wont change that for anyone.

3D and RLI are stalwarts in our community people need to get over themselves there are WAY more important things to worry and stress over then a farkin story thats written by a bloke who has what Paul does or is in constant pain like 3D and on medication.

Have a FARKING good hard look in the mirror everyone

FFS
that is all

PS Paul put me on your list mate as i love reading your words

AB
14th February 2014, 01:00 PM
Righto blokes...

in this world of ours the minority rule the majority.

Pauly mate, a lot of respect to you but The minority do not rule the majority. I own this forum and I have not said anything in relation to anyone stopping anything.

The buck stops with me and as far as I'm concerned nothing has changed.

Everyone listen up...

This is not one of our sheds of our friends we have chosen in life.

This is a forum of all different types of personalities, age groups, morals, beliefs, religions, etc so everyone needs to understand that everyone looks at things differently.

We all need to understand and accept that!

Paul, I will miss your yarns and hope to see them here again mate, I really mean that too!!!

I'm closing this thread and we are starting again gents hopefully with a different perspective.