PDA

View Full Version : 98 gu ti Diff lock light stays on

Dampies
13th February 2014, 05:38 PM
Hi guys,
I had trouble with my factory diff lock so I went through the threads and saw the solution was and ordered the new mac valve, installed the relay to get to work. But now the diff lock light stays on and the abs light flickers.
I disconnected the diff lock switch at the back and then the on off switch as well later but the light stays on?
Disconnected the mac valve and relay but light still stays on?
The diff lock works 100% now but the light just stays on.
I checked all the fuses and they are fine(engine bay and insite).

Any of you have any ideas why it stays on and what can I do to fix it please?
Thank you.

Clunk
13th February 2014, 10:14 PM
Bump for anyone who may be able to help

Alitis007
13th February 2014, 10:42 PM
If the ABS light is flickering aswell there should be a trouble code stored in the computer. If your local mechanic has a scanner / diagnostic computer, they should be able to log into the ABS computer and read the DTC.

I'm not sure if there is a self diagnosis check procedure to flash out the codes thru the light but if you look thru the manual you might be able to find it.

Yendor
14th February 2014, 06:41 PM
It sounds like the diff lock is not disengaging or the control unit thinks it's not.

You have the vacuum hoses connected the correct way?

Dampies
16th February 2014, 04:26 PM
Jip. I downloaded the schematic now. I went over all the components in the system and it look like the diff lock relay management box is broken. As soon as I unplug it the light goes dead. And you can unplug any other sensor but it still stays on. Think I am going to by pass that diff lock control unit. Because now it only work in low range and beeps above 15km/h. And if I connect the wires with out the box it will still show when its engage and not, but now I can do it in 2wd as well.

What do you guys think about it?