PDA

View Full Version : Land Cruiser Park Weekend

LachDiggityDog
12th February 2014, 07:25 PM
Hi all!

89gqpatrol4x4 and myself where out at Land Cruiser Mountain Park on the weekend for a drive and to watch some of the winch challenge being held there. It was an amazing display as it was my first time seeing these sorts of comp trucks in action and boy was I impressed with what these guys can drive up, not to mention the speed of their winches! Very impressive!

It was a great weekend and I thought I'd share with you all a couple of videos from Saturday.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gz2PQrPaW4U
I have been wanting to drive this hill ever since I saw two GU utes on YouTube doing it which led me to buy mine, I was pretty stoked when I made it to the top. Rob was telling me how reduction gears would really help in situations like this so ill have to put them on the wish list. :D

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iL0UArAHgmQ
Rob's run was a great effort but unfortunately "Gary" bent his rear Pan Hard Rod 3/4 of the way up but as everyone knows you can't keep a MIGHTY GQ DOWN! :p But He finished the hill in great fashion.

Would also like to send a big shout out to Robs wife Hayley who drove Telecom hill for the first time and nailed it! :bigthumbup:

Sorry about the video quality as it was filmed from an iPhone.

Cheers LDD.

megatexture
12th February 2014, 08:26 PM
Are you locked? And what lift you got? were going to cruiser soon and im sizing up some tracks.

LachDiggityDog
12th February 2014, 08:39 PM
Front locked and a 3 inch lift, I have seen people do it unlocked.

Ben-e-boy
12th February 2014, 08:46 PM
Fark yeah. Crawler gears are awsome on this track, I have 85% and last time I drove camp road with the gears I stayed between 1000 and 1200rpm and just crawled the whole way :D great fun.

Punderhead
12th February 2014, 10:25 PM
Yeah I love camp road. It's the first hardcore track i ever drove.

Yes, it is possible to drive it unlocked, but only in a patrol. A locked hilux tried to follow me and didn't make it

Cheers

megatexture
12th February 2014, 11:09 PM
I'll certainly be giving it a crack. I'll just have to watch my wheel placement especially if you left a hilux in there! That's just bloody rude,its like taking a dog to a park and not taking a bag lol

Dhuck
12th February 2014, 11:27 PM
Love that track. As Benny said, crawl up with the 85% reductions and barely lift a wheel. was a lot of fun just after the floods in 2011.

Winnies-missus
13th February 2014, 12:00 AM
That would be an awesome weekend

nissannewby
13th February 2014, 12:16 AM
Front locked and a 3 inch lift, I have seen people do it unlocked.

I have only driven it unlocked :p. I'm not a huge fan of cruiser but if you do a bit of exploring there are some quite technical tracks there.