PDA

View Full Version : GU PATROL AND DOING A HOLDEN 5.0lt CONVERSION

IJUSTWANTONE
12th February 2014, 07:55 PM
40564Ok guys I'm new to this forum and rather than trawl through the forum looking for info I'm hoping you can help me with technical info for my project I'm about to embark on.

I currently have a VTSS commodore with an injected holden 355 with a top mount whipple supercharger on it.

Now I want to buy a GU patrol 97/98 and put my motor and box in it and I want info/links or contact info for someone who's done a holden V8 conversion into a GU.

I've spoken to Marks adapters but really want to plan and get everything I need prior to commencing transplant.
The info I'm looking for is around basic stuff ie below;
What sump do I need or will my VT one fit?
Will my extractors fit or what ones do I use?
Can I use my VT wiring harness or is a VR/VS one easier? My VT runs a VS computer and kalmaker tune.
Does the GU patrol radiator suit 5.0lt or what one do you use?
Will I need new engine mounts and gearbox crossmember? I want to run my T700 box and I know I need a transfer case adapter.
Do the tail shafts need to be modified ie lengthened or shortened?

And will the diffs handle 500hp??

I don't want to reinvent the wheel and I'm trying to keep the cost to a minimum and do everything right the first time hence my plead for help for you guys. If there's anything else you can think of which will be helpful info that'd be great.

Kind regards
Shayne

MEGOMONSTER
12th February 2014, 08:44 PM
G'day mate, if you wouldn't mind going to the intro section first before asking for help.
Sounds like you got a bit of work ahead of you, but am sure the results will be worth it.
Can't wait to read all about it when you share on a build post.

IJUSTWANTONE
12th February 2014, 09:11 PM
Yeah thanks bud. I did it ass about but have put a spiel in the intro bit but did mention I've just bought a Colorado so people mighten talk to me lol.

nissannewby
13th February 2014, 12:47 PM
Diffs will be fine mate.

BigRAWesty
13th February 2014, 01:46 PM
Welcome mate. Sounds an awesome project.

Um. Have a search. There are plenty of builds..
But conversions and cheap don't go together. From reading most find total costs reach 10thou plus.

Try and find a blower 3ltr gu.