PDA

View Full Version : Hunting Properties PLEASE, PLEASE, PLEASE

Rick111
12th February 2014, 11:14 AM
Hi there fella's, ever since I was a young buck, I've been trying to find somewhere to do some hunting, preferably PIGS. I'm not made of money and anywhere that does allow shooting charges a fortune. I think I would be doing a service to any property owner out there that may have a problem with feral control. Surely me spending my money getting to the property & then spending more money on ammunition would be enough.
I am a responsible person, I don't drink, I will leave the place as I found it, gates shut, no rubbish left, etc, etc. I am very handy with a welder & quite good on the tools, so I am also willing to give a bit of a hand in return for the oppertunity to camp & hunt on your property.
PS I am also a member of the SSAA which also has liability insurance should anything happen.

PLEASE, PLEASE, PLEASE

Give me a call on 0411 528 530 (Rick)

Sir Roofy
12th February 2014, 11:59 AM
Mate the best way to get on to a property
is to visit the place no guns dressed neat
ask your question and posible exchange
for camping hunting if they say no leave
in a good manner and try the next one

Bloodyaussie
12th February 2014, 12:13 PM
As above mate... I have lots of properties and I got them through being polite and in neat gear not hunting clothing..

In return I have helped on the farm as much as I can

megatexture
12th February 2014, 06:25 PM
Check out this site... Not free but not the crazy prices some are charging, some want 2-3k for a deer !

http://www.westernhunting.com.au/index.php/queensland

my third 256
13th February 2014, 05:18 AM
try the st george area

NP99
13th February 2014, 06:48 AM
Some years back I asked an old farmer permission to shoot rabbits on his property. He said no, so I thanked him and walked away, as I did he called me back and said ok, yes, but just be mindful of the cattle. I think he was testing me maybe. In return, whenever i was shooting out there all he wanted was tinned dog food for his dog.

Rick111
22nd October 2014, 07:29 PM
Thanks fellas for all your comments, well I already was doing the neat dress, no guns & polite thing, but that was getting me nowhere, there are a few idiots out there that spoil it for everyone. Lots of farmers were very abrupt about saying no without even letting me finish, and after some of the stories I have heard they are quite justified in being that way. After 3 weeks of being on the phone and ringing nearly 150 properties & e-mailing around 50, I now have 6 properties to hunt pigs, dingos, feral cats & what ever else the farmer may want to get rid of. One farmer around Cecil Plains in QLD couldn't help me more if I asked, he was so nice about everything & even put me on to his Fathers property in Inglewood QLD who then put me on to his other sons property just down the road, the Father even offered the use of a Quad bike to get around his place as it is quite big. I think I've died & gone to heaven, the camping is great, there is a large dam on one of the properties that has red claw & yellow belly as well.
All they ask in return is to have fun, can you believe it, well it's true. I did take a carton of 4XXXX which was much appreciated & I have offered my services when ever they ask as long as they give me some time to organise things, the best thing is these properties are only within 3 hours drive from Ipswich.
Good luck fellas.

threedogs
22nd October 2014, 07:40 PM
Happy ending of another kind well done representing yourself.
My BIL did the same around Maude in central NSW,

Keep the properties to your self eh

matfew
22nd October 2014, 08:11 PM
not all to your self maybe some up standing forum members could join one day haha......

BigRAWesty
22nd October 2014, 08:14 PM
Well done mate. We've had a good win ourselves down south here. Have a few hundred acres to hunt

Family4x4
22nd October 2014, 08:26 PM
Call the local council in areas you wish to hunt, they have often given me successful leads.

MB
5th June 2021, 05:48 PM
Melbourne City is where it’s at these days......Locked down again, Planet of the Deer [emoji1662][emoji23]

http://www.nissanpatrol.com.au/forums/images/imported/2021/06/35.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

MB
5th June 2021, 05:54 PM
https://youtu.be/BHZKSYLAecQ

Shalee
25th June 2021, 10:22 PM
Never hurts taking a cartoon of beer for the property owners.
We normally take a cartoon for each person that's visiting.
Last time I went I spent a day rounding up and droughting goats to give them a hand- good fun too.

MB
26th June 2021, 09:18 PM
That’s The Dinkum Spirit Shalee Mate[emoji106][emoji106]

As much as I hate Beer ([emoji481] [emoji39] ) was once most impressed with a pimpley faced scrawny redheads solo efforts of leaving his Hilux out on the dirt road whilst walking up to hand deliver a door note of his wanted intentions to kindly assist eradicating little ferals he’d consciously noticed and listed on the block.
Deliberately did thank him kindly for his efforts and sent him on his way for further local research on the kid firstly.
At a quick guess we’ve been Mates for approximately 10 years now and he’s upgraded from .22 to Cannons & Coolrooms [emoji23]
We still have a slight rabbit/fox problem but the Antlers keep stacking up [emoji23][emoji23]
Need to find that original note to remind Young Gun of his original requested Gig [emoji12][emoji123]