PDA

View Full Version : Hose dimension behind thermostat? Tb45e

ozzymalone
11th February 2014, 09:33 PM
Hi all. Just wondering if anyone knows the part number or details on the hose that comes out behind the thermostat in a tb45e? Just spotted a leak and I am a total novice mechanically and don't have access to a Pc to check the manuals. Thanks in advance. 40524

Alitis007
11th February 2014, 10:38 PM
Its a 16mm or 5/8" heater hose with a 45 degree angle mate, if your local repco / bursons doesn't list in their hose catalogue book you could get away with a heater hose from a 202 holden that has a moulded 90 bend in it and cut it to length. Tomorrow when i go to work i'll see if my Makay hose book list a number for you.

ozzymalone
12th February 2014, 02:15 PM
Thanks Alitis....all fixed and you were bang on the money. Muchly appreciated. Love this place and the folks on it. What a resource.

Alitis007
14th February 2014, 12:19 AM
No dramas mate glad i could help. How did you sort it out? With the proper hose or with the 202heater hose ???

Sorry i got busy at work and forgot to look it up in my book :)

ozzymalone
14th February 2014, 12:12 PM
Nah got the right hose. Did a full flush and pressure test and glad i did. Coolant was just green water! All topped up and ready to hit the bush again. Had to happen a couple of days after we did Landcruiser Park so the missus tried to blame the tracks i did....bahumbug i said. No panel damage so surely it was her daily driving skills. ;)