PDA

View Full Version : 2005 ST rear power supply

GU_Mick
10th February 2014, 10:02 PM
Hi. I'm going to upgrade the wiring to the rear power supply in my 2005 ST. Running it directly to the aux battery. Any ideas on how to get it out without pulling the whole back of the truck apart? Thanks

Mick

MudRunnerTD
10th February 2014, 10:16 PM
Hi Mick,

I ran mine along the left side chassis rail with the rest of the factory loom. There is a bung going into the rear quarter panel behind the mud flap that will let you take it straight in and up.

Remember to fuse it at the battery.

I ran large core wire and added a couple of extra points at the rear, a few Anderson plugs, hard wired a Compressor in the back and ran LED lights for the rear doors too..

Happy days.

happygu
10th February 2014, 10:21 PM
Mick,

As an alternative to Darren, I ran my wires inside the cab inside and under the plastic scuff plates at the edge of the carpet.

You can pull out the rear light globe cover, and I also un-clipped the rear side window internal plastic finishing framing, used a draw wire and coat hanger and poked my wires in behind the side panelling. It isn't that hard to do...the hardest bit is trying to keep a good waterproof seal on the wiring going through the Firewall.

Mic