PDA

View Full Version : Victorian bush fires

Winnie
10th February 2014, 06:55 AM
Hope everyone is well and safe after yesterday being the worst bushfire day in Victoria since Black Saturday.
I spent the day yesterday at my girlfriend's house with her uncle while she and her auntie left to go to her cousin's house in town. We did all the preparation work in the morning and just spent the rest of the day being alert. We were lucky and was not under any real threat during the day but there was so many deliberately lit fires around the area. I would love to be the person to catch that scum bag! (family forum, family forum)
Remember it's not over yet so best of luck to everyone.

Maxhead
10th February 2014, 06:59 AM
Yep, been watching it closely. Whole of Vic copping it again!! Might be coming out to help out mid week.

Winnie
10th February 2014, 07:11 AM
I am joining the CFA next week, local brigade is having a BBQ to try and gain some new member so I'll head over and sign up.

AB
10th February 2014, 08:13 AM
Was a scary day yesterday indeed.

It's so dry down here at the moment and Warrandyte had a decent bush fire which is where my oldies live, some houses were lost. Absolute death trap in that region at the moment.

Bloodyaussie
10th February 2014, 08:22 AM
Kilmore is still under threat today and the Warrandyte fire is now under control.......

I tried to join up years ago but no one got back to me??

Winnie
10th February 2014, 08:29 AM
I tried to join up years ago but no one got back to me??

Same here, tried when I turned 16 and the bloke lost my forms twice then the third time I gave them to him I never heard anything. He's gone now though so I'll give it another crack.

Winnies-missus
10th February 2014, 09:13 AM
To all the boys and girls from frankston, edithvale, carrim downs and many more thank you for coming down to help save our fires...

Sir Roofy
10th February 2014, 09:34 AM
Good on you winnie a knoble thing to do
the smoke is getting thicker now with a
hint of coal mixed in the sun is battling
to get through

Winnies-missus
10th February 2014, 09:39 AM
I went for a drive into morwell last nite n the sky was so red n black could barely see in front of you and it smelt so bad poor people

Winnie
10th February 2014, 09:44 AM
Good on you winnie a knoble thing to do
the smoke is getting thicker now with a
hint of coal mixed in the sun is battling
to get through

Must be coming from Morwell, Warragul is getting pretty thick with smoke at the moment.

Sir Roofy
10th February 2014, 09:49 AM
For sure mate think its still going

Winnie
10th February 2014, 09:54 AM
Yeah it's still going, not good.

Gecko17
10th February 2014, 10:14 AM
Hey guys. Hope you are managing to keep safe from the fires. Onya Winnie for joining the CFA!

Sir Roofy
10th February 2014, 10:20 AM
Its getting thicker cant see the hills now

Stropp
10th February 2014, 01:35 PM
take care all you lot in SA, VIC and NSW there are some people out there that light these fires that need to be cut open and placed on an ants nest.

PMC
10th February 2014, 02:21 PM
G'day Victorian and South Australian members.

I apologise for no media support for you poor folks, unfortunately, they are all over in Bali trying to interview a convicted criminal.

If you all start committing crimes, they might come back and give the coverage that you should be getting!

Regards,

RLI

Winnie
10th February 2014, 02:32 PM
G'day Victorian and South Australian members.

I apologise for no media support for you poor folks, unfortunately, they are all over in Bali trying to interview a convicted criminal.

If you all start committing crimes, they might come back and give the coverage that you should be getting!

Regards,

RLI

It was a bit insulting to turn the news on this morning to get the latest information about the fires so close to home, and hearing about 10 seconds worth of information because they were all over Corby

mudnut
10th February 2014, 02:58 PM
I was so grateful no fires started down our way, over the weekend. My young bloke was camping with friends at Bridgewater Lakes. The wind was strong enough to flatten their tents. Stay safe everyone.

NissanGQ4.2
10th February 2014, 03:07 PM
Good luck guys and girlz, just got home and first thing I did was check on the CFA site, not out of the woods yet, 7 emergency warnings still current heap of watch / acts and advice. So best of luck 2 anyone around the areas still under threat.

krbrooking
10th February 2014, 03:08 PM
I hope everyone is safe down south and no one is affected. Up here is not much better, I just hope the fire fighters catch a break soon. And something goes their way.

macca
10th February 2014, 03:16 PM
Am I reading those maps wrong? Nearly all the fires are basically on roads, is that merely the recording locations from the staff on the ground or fire bugs driving around dropping matches.

Winnie
10th February 2014, 03:21 PM
Am I reading those maps wrong? Nearly all the fires are basically on roads, is that merely the recording locations from the staff on the ground or fire bugs driving around dropping matches.

Both mate, I know in my area at least it was assholes lighting fires on the roads, but I think they place the markers on the roads anyway so people can reference them better? Not sure why really.

krbrooking
10th February 2014, 06:21 PM
Yeh x2 I think they reference it off the roads as we are the same the warning signs are on the roads but the fires are a bit further in.

Sent from my iPhone using Motorculture mobile app