PDA

View Full Version : 2.8 intermittent power loss

gub011
9th February 2014, 05:25 PM
Need some help guys. The problem is an intermittent power loss, most frequent trying to maintain 100 up hills or overtaking. However also does it when I rev gears out past 3000 revs. Boost drops about 5 psi and it will not rev out anymore. If I take my foot off the accelerator completely than back on, it goes good again for a few seconds then lose power again. I did some research and replaced maf with a brand new unit and also tried my mates which I knew was working correctly. Problem was still there. Also, it does not do it all the time. I can drive somewhere fine then on the return trip it plays up again. It is not throwing any fault codes either. I was thinking tps but there is no fault code. When I disconnect the maf completely the problem disappears, it doss not cut out, but I can notice it drives like a slug. Any suggestions?
cheers

Tomdinneen
19th February 2014, 02:02 PM
there is a very tiny strainer in the main banjo fitting on the fuel pump that you can not see try removing banjo fitting remove spring and then get a magnet or a fine piece of wire with a hook on it an remove strainer can cause fuel starvation very fine screen so compressed air or carbie cleaner should do the trick cheers tom