PDA

View Full Version : auxiliary cooling fan for techniice fridge

kevingalloway
8th February 2014, 12:05 PM
HI, I am having trouble with my techniice fridge cutting out on real hot days in the back of my patrol. If I take it out and sit it on back veranda it will work fine. I have mounted it inside one of my draws (with cut outs to help with air flow)allowing me to pull it out and reach in easier. I don't have enough air flow. I tried a small fan from computer still no luck as it only had low volume. I read on the forum here somewhere about someone installing a fan from jaycar to solve their dramas but I'm stuffed if I can find the thread again, can some one help please. I have room for a 7" fan.

thanks Kevin

Sir Roofy
8th February 2014, 02:26 PM
what I did was put some polyurethane box inside the cover
with cut outs for the fan works fine for me and on the lid as well

any temp above 30d will give you trouble

threedogs
8th February 2014, 02:47 PM
take your pick from any of the 12v fans should be an easy fit up I did it years ago on my engel but cant re call fan part number

kevingalloway
8th February 2014, 03:44 PM
Roofy
outside temp is above 40 degrees when I have trouble.

threedogs
8th February 2014, 04:37 PM
humid temps that high and not many fridges will work except maybe the national luna Trail blaza

kevingalloway
8th February 2014, 06:18 PM
Was wondering if a Davies Craig 8" 12v thermo fan was practical at all. I know it will draw a fair bit but if I only use it when temps get up. I may have to put in a temp probe to turn it on at desired temp.

Sir Roofy
8th February 2014, 06:29 PM
humid temps that high and not many fridges will work except maybe the national luna trail blaza

agree with 3d doesnt matter what you have with that temp in the car
or any where else it will struggle
if your down in the minus,s youll have trouble for sure,if you want cold
set it at +3or4 see how that goes

if your traveling in the heat turn your air con on

Cuppa
8th February 2014, 06:37 PM
any temp above 30d will give you trouble

Roofy
outside temp is above 40 degrees when I have trouble.

humid temps that high and not many fridges will work except maybe the national luna Trail blaza

We just had a week away in our bus up near Ballarat where it was consistently & officially ‘bloody hot’. Days of 40+ degrees. Saw 48 degrees inside the bus. Our 133 litre upright compressor fridge (vitrifrigo with Danfoss BD35 compressor) kept stuff frozen solid in the freezer compartment & the fridge compartment between 1 & 4 degrees throughout. Solar saw our batteries fully charged by 1pm each day. The remote compressor unit has an additional 150mm computer fan fitted which runs whenever the compressor runs.

janderson
8th February 2014, 06:47 PM
take your pick from any of the 12v fans should be an easy fit up I did it years ago on my engel but cant re call fan part number

G'day Mate. Where did you connect the fan for the 12V supply

kevingalloway
8th February 2014, 07:32 PM
I have 2 12v outlets in the back, fridge in one fan in the other both on the one 6mm twin wires from second battery