PDA

View Full Version : Member Details

Bob
31st January 2011, 12:34 PM
I am finding that a considerable number of new members (and also old ones) do not provide a great deal of information about themselves. It would be helpful if they at least supplied the following information. :-
Biography - Experience as a Patrol Owner
Location - City,Town or general ie North West Victoria
Interests - Golf,Bowls,Camping or whatever
Occupation - Need not be specific but a general idea

patch697
31st January 2011, 12:39 PM
Although it is nice to see these things Bob it really is a personal thing the disclosing of information so we really prefer to leave it up to the individual, that way theirs no pressure.

Bob
31st January 2011, 12:55 PM
Although it is nice to see these things Bob it really is a personal thing the disclosing of information so we really prefer to leave it up to the individual, that way theirs no pressure.

Yeah I probably agree with you. I was forgetting that this is a forum and not a Club

Sir Roofy
31st January 2011, 01:12 PM
Location.location stops you wondering where their from tho

patch697
31st January 2011, 01:19 PM
Location.location stops you wondering where their from tho

I don't have time to ponder things like that roofy, always something to deal with & of course theirs always you lot................lolololololo...LOFAO

Sir Roofy
31st January 2011, 01:34 PM
Lol,what else would you expect from us

AB
31st January 2011, 01:37 PM
I think location is a very important one as if new members post up a problem or in need of something and they let us know their location then a member who lives right near them could easily say "hey, I know what the problem is and I'll show you tonight or pop over and help out".

We seem to have a friendly happy to step out of their square bunch of members here so help us help you by providing us as much info as you can new members!

patch697
31st January 2011, 01:45 PM
I think location is a very important one as if new members post up a problem or in need of something and they let us know their location then a member who lives right near them could easily say "hey, I know what the problem is and I'll show you tonight or pop over and help out".

We seem to have a friendly happy to step out of their square bunch of members here so help us help you by providing us as much info as you can new members!

Nice bold print, pretty RED colors..... Now what exactly is it your trying to say??????...................LOLOLOLOL...ROFLMFAO

AB
31st January 2011, 01:46 PM
lol....Just trying to make it stand out for newbies

patch697
31st January 2011, 01:50 PM
lol....Just trying to make it stand out for newbies

Thats encouraging.

Now you have the new members sorted.... What do you intend to do about the older member who still haven't done this ?????????

Bob
31st January 2011, 01:51 PM
Thats encouraging.

Now you have the new members sorted.... What do you intend to do about the older member who still haven't done this ?????????

Name and shame them. Just Joking.Just Joking

patch697
31st January 2011, 01:54 PM
Name and shame them. Just Joking.Just Joking

No need mate thay dob themselves in here & as for shame??????? There is none, just ask Rossco.

LOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOL......................ROFLMFA O

AB
31st January 2011, 01:58 PM
Thats encouraging.

I'm only human old mate...lol....Let's hope they see this too!

patch697
31st January 2011, 02:05 PM
I'm only human old mate...lol....Let's hope they see this too!

Sh!t, Sh!t, Sh!t............ Thant didn't work........ I was hoping you would come back with something outrageously stupid & funny..........

What a stick in the mud...........lololololololololololololololol

Sir Roofy
31st January 2011, 02:15 PM
Ha ha ab boxed you in mate --------gotcha

MQ MAD
31st January 2011, 02:25 PM
Isnt the Location thingy near the avatar ???

What ya want more details ???
Address and phone number as well

But i dont know you very well and i only give that to those i deem good looking and female gender
SO that info wont be avaliable to YOU lot,well still not sure on the female gender bit tho

U know with the cross dressers on here n all,i gotta be extra careull

patch697
31st January 2011, 02:30 PM

But i dont know you very well and i only give that to those i deem good looking and female gender
SO that info wont be avaliable to YOU lot,well still not sure on the female gender bit tho

LOLOLOL.......... I take it you wont be joining in on the footy bets this year then??????????

Your not alone....I don't Plassy will be either...............lololololol

AB
31st January 2011, 02:35 PM

Your a funny one!

Yes thats the location thing but a lot of people never fill that bit out in their profile.

We don't more details just an approx location for members exactly what your's says under the avatar is perfect!

wildgu6
31st January 2011, 04:08 PM

Ditto Paul.
After all we dont know who's the axe murderer and who's the car jacker if you know what i meen.
Hopefully there are none around here but there has been instances on chat room sites were misfourtune has come to some more trusting members.
The info i have given is all your gunna get unless i become your friend and I'm not trying to be rude or anything like that, I'm just being vigilant.
Protecting my personal space, its a bit like removing your rego from you pics you post. Its your choice.

Cheers Pete

Bob
31st January 2011, 05:53 PM
Hi Pete

Your Profile is quite sufficient as we know your Interests,Location etc and that is enough for what I was wanting enabling other members to respond to any posts that you make.
I hope that I have not offended anyone with this Post

wildgu6
31st January 2011, 06:30 PM
Hi Pete

Your Profile is quite sufficient as we know your Interests,Location etc and that is enough for what I was wanting enabling other members to respond to any posts that you make.
I hope that I have not offended anyone with this Post

Not at all Bob. Had a quick look through some of the members profiles and i do see what you are talking about.
Just the basics is all Bob's asking for guys. Thats not too much to ask I think.
No offence taken buddy.

Cheers Pete

Finly Owner
31st January 2011, 11:22 PM
did I mention in my profile that I fart, belch and snore a lot?

patch697
31st January 2011, 11:29 PM

NO............ But thanks for the update.......... I think??????

At least now I know where not to pitch my tent come 2012 trip.................lololololol

YNOT
31st January 2011, 11:39 PM

No that belongs in your signiture!

Tony

patch697
31st January 2011, 11:57 PM
no that belongs in your signiture!

Tony

roflmfao......

Finly Owner
1st February 2011, 12:17 AM
No that belongs in your signiture!

Tony

roflmfao......

thanks mongrels.............................

patch697
1st February 2011, 12:26 AM
thanks mongrels.............................

Your ever so welcome Captain flatulence......................LOLOLOLOLOL....... LMFAO

Maxhead
2nd February 2011, 07:57 AM
I agree, the more info the better it it to understand about the new member. But everyone has a choice to disclose any info they want........of course