PDA

View Full Version : Lightbar mounting

beexy
2nd February 2014, 05:08 PM
May be a silly question, but it wouldnt be my first one. How does everyone mount their light bars to their bull bars? Is there a specific mount kit you get?

the evil twin
2nd February 2014, 05:12 PM
I use the mounts that come with the Light Bars.

Sometimes you jay have to purchase or fabricate a spacer or a right angle bracket

threedogs
2nd February 2014, 05:12 PM
Most I think fabricate a long flat bar say 40mm x 4mm bend at each end to suit the light bar. two pieces of flat steel out from aerial mount

Clunk
2nd February 2014, 05:26 PM
May be a silly question, but it wouldnt be my first one. How does everyone mount their light bars to their bull bars? Is there a specific mount kit you get?

Depends on what part of the bar you're going to mount it on. My 6" bars came with feet and I chose to mount mine as shown

If you're going to fit on the round bar work, then you may need some circular clamps

rottodiver
2nd February 2014, 06:37 PM
I have "axia alloy" clamps..... they are awesome.... not cheap but well worth it i reckon!!!
i have a 42 inch light bar across the top of my bar!!!40107

Scotty

BigRAWesty
2nd February 2014, 06:42 PM
Paul from Led light co has pipe mounts..

They look good and would be solid..

firm351
2nd February 2014, 06:45 PM
I have "axia alloy" clamps..... they are awesome.... not cheap but well worth it i reckon!!!
i have a 42 inch light bar across the top of my bar!!!40107

Scotty

G'day Scotty,

Does having the light bar in that position have any effect on air flow to your bonnet scoop?

Paul.

rottodiver
2nd February 2014, 07:06 PM
G'day Scotty,

Does having the light bar in that position have any effect on air flow to your bonnet scoop?

Paul.

To be honest I could not tell you either way,
I have no problems with egt,s ( do have the egr blocked) and engine temps are always good so if there is an effect I haven't noticed it...

Scotty

firm351
2nd February 2014, 07:17 PM
To be honest I could not tell you either way,
I have no problems with egt,s ( do have the egr blocked) and engine temps are always good so if there is an effect I haven't noticed it...

Scotty

Good to know. Thanks mate.

megatexture
2nd February 2014, 08:10 PM
I drilled a 19mm ( what ever size your socket is)hole up under the tube so I could get a socket inside fitted the light bar, soaked inside the tube with penitrol then few hrs later a spray of fish oil then I put a rubber gromit in the holes, it looks really tidy and will be a major pain in the ass to steal.

happygu
2nd February 2014, 08:22 PM
My bar came with its own brackets, but I made up my own custom Stainless ones to make it harder to steal, and a little more discrete..

Mic