PDA

View Full Version : What diff ratios are in GU 4.2 turbo diesel wagon?

PMC
2nd February 2014, 08:06 AM
G'day folks,

I am inquiring the diff ratios in 2001 GU 4.2 turbo diesel, manual wagon?

As previously state i am going to be putting my Patrol back to stock standard before i sell her, so i what to remove both the front and rear air locker diff centers in her.

So I need to know what the correct ratios are so that i fit the correct diffs back in the Patrol.

Your help is greatly appreciated.

Regards,

RLI

MEGOMONSTER
4th February 2014, 12:11 AM
G'day folks,

I am inquiring the diff ratios in 2001 GU 4.2 turbo diesel, manual wagon?

As previously state i am going to be putting my Patrol back to stock standard before i sell her, so i what to remove both the front and rear air locker diff centers in her.

So I need to know what the correct ratios are so that i fit the correct diffs back in the Patrol.

Your help is greatly appreciated.

Regards,

RLI

Bump, can anyone help Paul.

MudRunnerTD
4th February 2014, 12:12 AM
My GUIV TD42Ti has 3.9s from factory. What does your compliance plate say Paul??

nissannewby
4th February 2014, 01:54 AM
My GUIV TD42Ti has 3.9s from factory. What does your compliance plate say Paul??

Yeah on your little silver compliance plate it will have hg39 (3.9:1), hg41 (4.11:1) etc.

nissannewby
4th February 2014, 01:55 AM

With the slightly different gearing in the gu gearbox (slightly taller). 3.9's would be terrible for a take off on a hill?? My ute with 4.11's is nothing like the old GQ for 1st gear take offs.