PDA

View Full Version : How's this for a drawbar lmao

megatexture
31st January 2014, 11:50 PM
I was doing a tip run today and this guy rocked up, it was soo bent out of shape I had to laugh lol

Clunk
31st January 2014, 11:55 PM
How the hell does that pass the pits/road worthy?

growler2058
1st February 2014, 12:03 AM
Whatswrong with that? Itd be easy to reverse:smiley_thumbs_up:

megatexture
1st February 2014, 12:11 AM
How the hell does that pass the pits/road worthy?

I'm thinking these days it wouldn't pass. It had been repaired on the left hand side( rewelded and braced) but who knows it may have had someone stand on the drawbar to reach the roof rack of the car so that's understandable.

sil3nt_dr3ams
1st February 2014, 01:26 AM
surely that is not for real? In terms of legality trailers don't have to be engineered as long as they meet pretty basic requirements. As long as the hitch itself is not welded on, the chain t self is trailer chain depending on trailer a single chain is fine. As long as electrical works. keep the trailer and load under a tonne forget about brakes.

Avo
1st February 2014, 01:30 AM
Bit of a buff and she'll look new.

timbar
1st February 2014, 01:34 AM
What's with the 60 series it's hooked up to ?????
Hahhahah

sil3nt_dr3ams
1st February 2014, 02:16 AM
Maybe the draw hitch is so long and the 44 drum on the back is full of lead so when changing the cv's in the bush you dont have to jack the front of car up. land cruiser owner are strange people

threedogs
1st February 2014, 07:43 AM
Trailers don't need to go over the "pits" to be rego'ed,
all you need s proof of ownership and receipts for steel/materials
So in theory you could register a 44 on pram wheels with a coat hanger as a draw bar
it stinks.

macca
1st February 2014, 08:15 AM
Trailers don't need to go over the "pits" to be rego'ed,
all you need s proof of ownership and receipts for steel/materials
So in theory you could register a 44 on pram wheels with a coat hanger as a draw bar
it stinks.
Same here in NSW, once a box trailer is registered just pays your money each year for renewal.
If brakes are fitted it has to be inspected annually.

sil3nt_dr3ams
1st February 2014, 08:29 AM
to register a trailer it has to be inspected and go over the pits in W.A

threedogs
1st February 2014, 08:47 AM
I do recall a mate taking one over the pits for some reason, It was a brand new
7x5 trailer. not sure on braked trailers

the ferret
1st February 2014, 10:22 AM
Top find Mega, thanks for sharing that, PMSL!!
Cheers, the ferret.

megatexture
1st February 2014, 12:05 PM
You can also see the coat hanger draw bar runs the full length of the trailer and is supporting the tub also I still laugh thinking about it lol, I think I'd trust a 44 on pram wheels before I loaded this up lol.

nissannewby
1st February 2014, 12:21 PM
When engineered correctly and applied correctly a lattice boom style like that can be very strong while weighing next to nothing. You can see this evident in cranes.

As for that trailer it's had its day. The idea is good but the execution is not lol