PDA

View Full Version : Big Texas Howdy from Arabia!

GrizzlyPiet
31st January 2014, 11:01 PM
Hi all!
My name is Piet, originally from South Africa, then Texas, and now in the United Arab Emirates!

I fell in love with Patrols when I was stationed in Iraq, but since I lived in the US, I couldn't own one :(
Fast Forward 9 years, and I am now living in the Arabian Gulf, where Patrols are everywhere! So naturally when it came time to do some car shopping, there was really only one car on my list!

Meet "Saffie" the Super Safari - 2000 model year, 4500 EFI, Auto, with the factory rear diff lock!
I got her with just a hair over 200k km on the clock and in great condition. The previous owner put in a nice leather interior and installed an Iron Man Lift on her!

Currently, we are exploring the UAE and Oman with several trips across the desert, mountains and wadis!

I am more in love with Patrols every day! She isn't that powerful, but I can keep up with the locals on the highway at 140kph and drive pretty much any where I want! Most weekends will find my family and I in the desert with 4x4 Fury (a local group of people dedicated to fun in the sand!) or exploring the mountains, wadis, and coast of Oman!

Recent Mods: Montana 600 GPS, Yokohama Geolander ATS LT285/75R16 with Full size spare, Flag Bracket/spacer for tire carrier, Snorkel.
Future mods will include a custom low-profile roof rack (underground parking!), a rooftop tent, drawers setup, and maybe even a fridge! There are so many great ideas here on this board!

Thanks for having me and I hope to share some of my adventures with you guys in the future!

growler2058
31st January 2014, 11:02 PM
Gday Piet welcome aboard mate

jack
31st January 2014, 11:26 PM
Welcome aboard Piet,
You've come to the number one Patrol forum on the net. Enjoy the experience, lots of info here. Ask any questions and someone will have the answer.

MEGOMONSTER
31st January 2014, 11:39 PM
Welcome mate, surely the best forum on the net. If you need it, you can get it, if you want to know it, just ask it.
If you want to find it, go to the search bar for a universe of information.
Enjoy the sights and sounds of the greatest show on earth.

HV2002
1st February 2014, 12:10 AM
Hi Piet welcome

Clunk
1st February 2014, 02:21 AM
Great photo Piet, welcome aboard buddy

my third 256
1st February 2014, 05:31 AM
Hi Piet welcome

Drewboyaus
1st February 2014, 06:40 AM
Hi Piet. Welcome to the forum mate. Nice looking Patrol.

threedogs
1st February 2014, 07:37 AM
Hello Piet and welcome to the forum
Jump in anytime and enjoy,
The big sand pit and an Engel fridge oh yeah .Nice looking troll BTW

AB
1st February 2014, 07:41 AM
Welcome to the forum mate, feel free to ask any questions.

happygu
1st February 2014, 07:49 AM
Welcome Piet,

Nice to see another Patrol from over your way

Mic

GrizzlyPiet
2nd February 2014, 11:13 PM
Thank you all for the warm welcomes!!!

Piet

Bulbous
2nd February 2014, 11:52 PM
Hi Piet,

Welcome to the forum and welcome to the UAE
Might catch you in the desert sometime. I'm there every Friday :D

Family4x4
3rd February 2014, 02:58 PM
Welcome mate, this forum is a great source and full of friendly people.

Dhuck
3rd February 2014, 06:33 PM
Welcome to the forum mate

Mitch20b
3rd February 2014, 09:11 PM
Lots of places to play in the UAE with the patrol welcome

Gecko17
4th February 2014, 05:39 PM
Welcome to the forum Piet. Now.... how do we organise a trip over to play in your sandpit? :D

PMC
9th February 2014, 10:27 AM
Hi all!
My name is Piet, originally from South Africa, then Texas, and now in the United Arab Emirates!

I fell in love with Patrols when I was stationed in Iraq, but since I lived in the US, I couldn't own one :(
Fast Forward 9 years, and I am now living in the Arabian Gulf, where Patrols are everywhere! So naturally when it came time to do some car shopping, there was really only one car on my list!

Meet "Saffie" the Super Safari - 2000 model year, 4500 EFI, Auto, with the factory rear diff lock!
I got her with just a hair over 200k km on the clock and in great condition. The previous owner put in a nice leather interior and installed an Iron Man Lift on her!

Currently, we are exploring the UAE and Oman with several trips across the desert, mountains and wadis!

I am more in love with Patrols every day! She isn't that powerful, but I can keep up with the locals on the highway at 140kph and drive pretty much any where I want! Most weekends will find my family and I in the desert with 4x4 Fury (a local group of people dedicated to fun in the sand!) or exploring the mountains, wadis, and coast of Oman!

Recent Mods: Montana 600 GPS, Yokohama Geolander ATS LT285/75R16 with Full size spare, Flag Bracket/spacer for tire carrier, Snorkel.
Future mods will include a custom low-profile roof rack (underground parking!), a rooftop tent, drawers setup, and maybe even a fridge! There are so many great ideas here on this board!

Thanks for having me and I hope to share some of my adventures with you guys in the future!

G’day piet,

Welcome aboard mate! I hope you enjoy your stay with this great forum and its members!

PS, Shite-loads of info and good laughs to be had all-round!

Regards,

RLI

Stropp
9th February 2014, 03:49 PM
Welcome along to the forum mate, enjoy your stay.

Figjam
9th February 2014, 03:57 PM
Hi Piet
Welcome to the forum. I expect to see one of those 1000HP arabian monsters fitted into the engine bay soon. :wink:

Patrol-Guy
9th February 2014, 09:08 PM
Hi Piet, welcome to the forum.