PDA

View Full Version : GQ Patrol RB30.

patrol7
31st January 2014, 06:27 PM
Hi
I'm Oliver 23, from Coffs Harbour.

I own a 1990 GQ RB30.

To start, love my rig. No complaints from me about the RB30 Carby. sluggish on the road an animal in the bush.
When bought had a 2.5" coils with spacers and 4" shocks. 33" Maxxis bighorns. Ally bullbar. 7" Roolite spotties. Duel fuel setup (only use fuel, gas not working), smashed windscreen and barn door. an a few front guard dings.

Been reliable so far, towed a large horse float an very large horse from Sunshine Coast to Coffs Harbour not a problem.
Took her swimming in a large wet muddy puddle an up rocky cliffs. apart from breaking an engine mount an tearing the gear box mounts not a problem with her.

Since owning I have got the RB running nicely on petrol, got new guards an bonnet, new glass, UHF, 4" coils king springs, 6' procomps, snake racing adjustable panhard rods.

Some things to come.
Turbo'd injected RB30. have waiting to install.
Full spray - unsure of colour yet.
Interior trim redone.
Tint.
Light bars.
Bigger muddies.
Tube front and rear bar with quarter chop.

An that's about all I can think of. If you got any good ideas for paint I'm all ears..

Pictures of before an after up soon.

growler2058
31st January 2014, 06:30 PM
Gday Oliver welcome aboard mate

AB
31st January 2014, 06:32 PM
Sounds good mate welcome to the forum!

Feel free to ask any questions.

Sent from my iPhone using Motorculture mobile app

PMC
31st January 2014, 08:51 PM
Hi
I'm Oliver 23, from Coffs Harbour.

I own a 1990 GQ RB30.

To start, love my rig. No complaints from me about the RB30 Carby. sluggish on the road an animal in the bush.
When bought had a 2.5" coils with spacers and 4" shocks. 33" Maxxis bighorns. Ally bullbar. 7" Roolite spotties. Duel fuel setup (only use fuel, gas not working), smashed windscreen and barn door. an a few front guard dings.

Been reliable so far, towed a large horse float an very large horse from Sunshine Coast to Coffs Harbour not a problem.
Took her swimming in a large wet muddy puddle an up rocky cliffs. apart from breaking an engine mount an tearing the gear box mounts not a problem with her.

Since owning I have got the RB running nicely on petrol, got new guards an bonnet, new glass, UHF, 4" coils king springs, 6' procomps, snake racing adjustable panhard rods.

Some things to come.
Turbo'd injected RB30. have waiting to install.
Full spray - unsure of colour yet.
Interior trim redone.
Tint.
Light bars.
Bigger muddies.
Tube front and rear bar with quarter chop.

An that's about all I can think of. If you got any good ideas for paint I'm all ears..

Pictures of before an after up soon.

G’day Oliver,

Welcome aboard mate! I hope you enjoy your stay with this great forum and its members!

PS, i am out at Woolgoolga! Good to have another Coffs person on board!

Regards,

RLI

MEGOMONSTER
31st January 2014, 09:47 PM
Welcome mate, surely the best forum on the net. If you need it, you can get it, if you want to know it, just ask it.
If you want to find it, go to the search bar for a universe of information.
Enjoy the sights and sounds of the greatest show on earth.

mudnut
1st February 2014, 01:44 AM
G'day, Oliver. Great to have another RB30 owner on the forum.

Clunk
1st February 2014, 02:34 AM
Welcome to the forum mate, good bunch of folk on here, enjoy and get amongst it

patrol7
1st February 2014, 09:20 AM
Cheers, looks like a good forum with everything I will need to keep my rig happy.
Have to get a crew an go test some tracks out some time.

patrol7
1st February 2014, 09:29 AM
Thanks everyone, feeling welcome. I been on other forums (for VE SSV Z ute which I no longer have, too many burnout an speeding) an I encountered a lot of unpleasant people typing away. But I think everyone that drive a 4x4 is pretty laid back.

threedogs
1st February 2014, 09:56 AM
Hello and welcome to the forum,
jump in anytime and enjoy,
Lime green nice and bright

patrol7
1st February 2014, 10:02 AM
Lime Green crossed my mind as well as a nice bright orange, or dark purple. Something different an bright.

trekster
1st February 2014, 09:32 PM
G'day mate,

Great to see another Coffs member! RLI being in Woolgoolga and myself at Boambee have allowed us to plan day travels out into the bush, If something comes up in the near future will definitely let you know.

What tracks have you done around the area?

Cheers,
Eric.

patrol7
10th February 2014, 06:47 PM
I live on Lovetts trail pretty much, which meets half way between start an finish of Rovers Trail, done Commandos a few times an trails around Mt Coramba, an 90%of the tracks out Bonville promise lands area.

always keen so get out there an get dirty.

patrol7
9th March 2014, 11:48 PM

Dhuck
10th March 2014, 08:21 PM
Welcome to the forum mate