PDA

View Full Version : Tb42s clutch/idle issue

rustbucket89
31st January 2014, 06:46 PM
Hey guys, tried using the search function and flicked through quite a few pages before giving up.
Just wondering if anyone else has had this issue and what they did to fix it. Whenever I'm just sitting at idle, without clutch or brake depressed, my shorty idles fine. Pressing the brake pedal gives me a slight stumble, only just noticeable. But if I also apply the clutch, then it misfires terribly, enough to make me hand throttle it up a couple of hundred revs. I've got the points set to .5 and then had a mechanic set the dwell, the carby has been rebuilt and that didn't fix the issue. Any ideas? Cheers in advance :)

Sent from my iPhone using Motorculture mobile app

93patrol
31st January 2014, 07:37 PM
Vaccuum leak in your common booster line. Spray CRC around the area if the revs rise that's where the issue is

pearcey
31st January 2014, 09:13 PM
With the clutch depressed and the motor running listen under the dash for an air leak around the clutch push rod
If there is then the clutch booster is at fault.Also check the seal in the front of the booster this entails removal of the clutch master cyl to check. Be careful not to let the booster push rod come out of the booster as this could dislodge the reaction disc behind it

rustbucket89
31st January 2014, 11:12 PM
Cheers guys. Hopefully it's just a vac line. Anyone know where I could get some from south Brisbane, Logan area.

Sent from my iPhone using Motorculture mobile app