PDA

View Full Version : 2007 Gu

Avo
29th January 2014, 09:20 PM
Guys I may have found a GU 2007 patrol I like and are going to the big smoke on the weekend to take a look.OD has agreed to have a gander before I do the big haul up and back,if he says it's worth looking at.......But what are the things to look for or should I say look out for.

Thanks

Clunk
29th January 2014, 09:25 PM
Guys I may have found a GU 2007 patrol I like and are going to the big smoke on the weekend to take a look.OD has agreed to have a gander before I do the big haul up and back,if he says it's worth looking at.......But what are the things to look for or should I say look out for.

Thanks

Where is it mate? I'm guessing it's a wheezing 3ltr 4 potter CRD

Avo
29th January 2014, 10:05 PM
Yes your right.Nth Prth mate...

Fry
29th January 2014, 10:14 PM
Got a link to it we can look at? PM if you want.

Just give it a good look over, take it for a run and give it some.
Also if you can get someone else you trust to test drive it.

Stropp
29th January 2014, 10:19 PM
Make sure it has good service history and warranty and be prepared to spend some on it to do nads to it to keep it reliable, good luck with it Neil, I would look at it for you too but I'm in Sydney.

Clunk
29th January 2014, 10:30 PM
Don't know anything about diesels but I seem to remember readin something about checking for oil around the intercooler somewhere. Usual rust around the gutters, front window rubbers. Check the front passenger foot well for dampness, could be leaking front window rubber or possibly aircon. Needless tto say about checking for oil leaks.
Check for cracks on the tops of the rear spring housing where its welded to the chassis, oh and make sure the tops are straight.
Oh and check the dash for signs of bubbling.

Is it Auto or manual?

Avo
29th January 2014, 11:16 PM
cheers Clunk,Auto mate have to go the easy route as I'm getting old and selling the wifes car(which is auto)..The yard reckons pretty close to a full sevice history and all done at Nissan(not sure what he meant)it's 2km from OD so he's having a look tomorrow for me
http://www.carsales.com.au/dealer/details/Nissan-Patrol-2007/AGC-AD-15125076/?Cr=22&sdmvc=1

Clunk
29th January 2014, 11:33 PM
I'll jump on the lappy and have a proper butchers

Clunk
30th January 2014, 12:04 AM
I reckon you should get yourself a few lined up to look at if you're coming up mate. this was just a search for 2007-2009 Diesel Autos, within a 100k radius of Perth

http://www.carsales.com.au/all-cars/results.aspx?offset=0&silo=stock&q=((((((((((SiloType%3d%5bBrand+new+cars+in+stock% 5d)%7c(SiloType%3d%5bBrand+new+cars+available%5d)) %7c(SiloType%3d%5bDemo+and+near+new+cars%5d))%7c(S iloType%3d%5bDealer+used+cars%5d))%7c(SiloType%3d% 5bDemo+and+near+new+cars%5d))%7c(SiloType%3d%5bPri vate+seller+cars%5d))%26((Make%7b%3d%7d%5bNissan%5 d)%7b%26%7d(Model%7b%3d%7d%5bPatrol%5d)))%26((Stat e%7b%3d%7d%5bWestern+Australia%5d)%7b%26%7d(Region %7b%3d%7d%5bPerth%5d)))%26(((Transmission%3d%5bAut omatic%5d)%26(FuelType%3d%5bDiesel%5d))%26(Service %3d%5bCarsales%5d)))%26(Year%3drange%5b2007..2009% 5d))&vertical=car&limit=12&sortby=TopDeal

there's a 2008 silver one in amongst this lot advertised for 33550, dont know its location though

my third 256
30th January 2014, 07:07 AM
i dont think its a crd as they came in mid 2007 so would be a direct injection
could be wrong though
as you can see mines a 2007 GU 6 /ST-L / MYO8 /
and thats gu5

kevin07
30th January 2014, 07:30 AM
cheers Clunk,Auto mate have to go the easy route as I'm getting old and selling the wifes car(which is auto)..The yard reckons pretty close to a full sevice history and all done at Nissan(not sure what he meant)it's 2km from OD so he's having a look tomorrow for me
http://www.carsales.com.au/dealer/details/Nissan-Patrol-2007/AGC-AD-15125076/?Cr=22&sdmvc=1

ahg would be the seller quite a reliable seller but really for 30 plus thousand on a car it is worth spending the 300 odd on a independent inspection good for warranty as well

threedogs
30th January 2014, 07:53 AM
See what the tag on the radiator support panel says that's your build date, if it is a DI chances are it has an oily intercooler.
But would like to think its been changed if service history is up to date. look at brake rotors and pad wear if it an ABS model
you could be up for $$$$ to replace pads and rotors, wheel bearings. tyre wear, condition of steering wheel, see if selt belts retract
common problem with Patrols,. when you take it for a drive see if it has the dreaded 80k wobbles overall condition will give you an idea of how
the previous owner used it.

Avo
30th January 2014, 09:12 AM
cheers guys,yep i'll be spending some coin getting it looked over for sure,the car is at a yard (not ahg)but it does have a good reputation aswell.I know someone who has obtained a car through them and they reckon there mechanics are good and did a great job on warrenty and servicing..So whats the go with a DI to CRD(forgive my ignorance),any performance differences.And geez Clunky it's taken me months to find this one so now your throwing a heap of them at me..

my third 256
30th January 2014, 09:36 AM
here is a 2009 for approx the same coin and lower milage
http://www.carsales.com.au/dealer/details/Nissan-Patrol-2009/AGC-AD-14999300/?Cr=1&sdmvc=1

Clunk
30th January 2014, 09:44 AM
cheers guys,yep i'll be spending some coin getting it looked over for sure,the car is at a yard (not ahg)but it does have a good reputation aswell.I know someone who has obtained a car through them and they reckon there mechanics are good and did a great job on warrenty and servicing..So whats the go with a DI to CRD(forgive my ignorance),any performance differences.And geez Clunky it's taken me months to find this one so now your throwing a heap of them at me..

Yeah sorry mate, just opening up your options.

kevin07
30th January 2014, 10:44 AM

july07 onwards its a crd or look for the rail drivers side rail has fuel pipes feeding injectors

threedogs
30th January 2014, 10:58 AM
Think you will be happy with either, might get it cheaper as its not a current motor if its a Di , .
I'm very happy with my Di and believe its now going better than new IMO.
Yendor would be your man as he just sold his Di and brought a Cr

Avo
30th January 2014, 11:55 AM
performance wise and reliability wise which is the better?and whern you say oil intercooler is that a bad thing ?

threedogs
30th January 2014, 12:06 PM
Not a bad thing but it will cost approx. $500 to fix
. couldn't say which is better, probably more buttons
in the later model and better creature comforts

oily IC as in dirty to look at with engine cover off

Stropp
30th January 2014, 04:27 PM
Mate most people think the crd is better as it has fewer problems, I would be asking questions as the steering wheel has a lot of wear for 140 k,s , not saying the k's are not correct but with that wear you may be up for a new steering wheel so I would ask for at least a recover on it so it's less for you to spend ( they are expensive)!

Stropp
30th January 2014, 04:36 PM
Neil check car sales there is a blue slate one 2010 with 115 k's auto bullbar side rails and steps etc at a jeep dealer, looks pretty good too, can't link as I'm on the ipad.

Avo
30th January 2014, 09:03 PM
I need a link stropp mate.tried to have a look and I couldn't go past the one with MEGO seats....oooolala leather......OD had a good look at the first one I put up yesterday and it looks a really good car.One tiny dent(it will get more)it has been a fleet vehicle and has every service recorded by Nissan.....
I'm all confused,later model cars cheaper than earlier models,can't really afford to much more than 33 grand to be honest

http://www.carsales.com.au/dealer/details/Nissan-Patrol-2008/AGC-AD-15109927/?Cr=6&sdmvc=1 this is the other car I will be trying to get a look at

Clunk
30th January 2014, 09:52 PM
Like I said to you last night mate, I'd be trying to get that price down lower and get them to pay the stamp duty too.

I'll try to find that one Stropp is on about after I've sorted the kids

Avo
30th January 2014, 09:59 PM
if I'm trading the wifes shopping trolley i'll go with an auto...I want an auto to so I shouldn't blame her solely.......Jess said last night "I won't be able to go fast anymore"my reply----You'll still have the GQ if you want to go fast...lmao..

Clunk
30th January 2014, 10:11 PM
http://www.carsales.com.au/dealer/details/Nissan-Patrol-2008/AGC-AD-15109927/?Cr=6&sdmvc=1 this is the other car I will be trying to get a look at
Like the look of that one huh huh huhhhhh........ do you know where it is?

Stropp
30th January 2014, 11:08 PM
http://www.carsales.com.au/dealer/details/Nissan-Patrol-2007/AGC-AD-15067898/?Cr=27&sdmvc=1
Try that Neil, sorry it 2007

Clunk
31st January 2014, 12:10 AM
http://www.carsales.com.au/dealer/details/Nissan-Patrol-2007/AGC-AD-15067898/?Cr=27&sdmvc=1
Try that Neil, sorry it 2007

oh yeah thanks Stropp, I've only just been spending the last couple of hours searching for some bloody fictitious Patrol........................... damn you!!!!!!!! hahahahahaha

Fry
31st January 2014, 11:06 AM
I need a link stropp mate.tried to have a look and I couldn't go past the one with MEGO seats....oooolala leather......OD had a good look at the first one I put up yesterday and it looks a really good car.One tiny dent(it will get more)it has been a fleet vehicle and has every service recorded by Nissan.....
I'm all confused,later model cars cheaper than earlier models,can't really afford to much more than 33 grand to be honest

You will find that all those 2010 models have red dust everywhere. They might have had a hard life up north. Thats not to say don't look at them my 2008 GU was from Tom Price (1st owner).
But the one 2010 model I did look at had a really hard life by the looks of it. everything on the inside was warn and the outside looked like it only drove on gravel roads.

Avo
31st January 2014, 07:39 PM
I have organised 5 to look at,unless something else happens I do like the first one I put up...but still a bit undecided on CRD or DI....wish me luck...friggin 800km round trip just to look at cars...hmmmm,there goes my Friday night,that is until io hit my brothers joint.....

Avo
2nd February 2014, 12:49 PM
well my time in the big smoke is coming to a end,after all the car hunting I could fit in yesterday I came across a 2010 gu,bar work,spotties but the km are a bit high.128 000 underneath looks a bit rough(stone chips and looks like rust on some bolts and on the exhaust...hmmmmm...so.Went back today armed with a screw driver to dig around and see what dirt I could pull out of secluded parts,looks just like gravel(no red dirt)car is a ex dept of transport every service done.......KM scare me a bit so I will head home,clear my head and see if I can find a lower km one unless I can get this one heaps cheaper but I think after yesterday maybe not.....this yard offered me the most for mine and dropped it from 37 000 to 35 000...hmmm desissions desissions

Avo
2nd February 2014, 12:52 PM
here's the car that grabbed my attention http://www.prossertoyotagosnells.com.au/toyota/usedcars.asp

threedogs
2nd February 2014, 01:06 PM
now you have a good idea on what the caryards are offering.
Armed with all this new information you should be able to Haggle for the best deal.
Might be able to get extras fitted like a Towbar, bonnet protectors, slimline weather shields and rear dust deflector.
Good luck there is a little light at the end of the tunnel now.

Stropp
2nd February 2014, 01:44 PM
Hi Neil, I like that 2008 gunmetal one you put up, did you look at that ? I think if the white one is the one you are keen on get them to do on roads plus bonnet protector etc as they will have a bit of room to move being ex fleet, also go in with a deal in mind and don't budge from that, they will work on you but at the end of the day they will negotiate with you.

threedogs
2nd February 2014, 03:15 PM
I like the 4.2TD ute @ Prosser Toyota only done 140,000k

Avo
2nd February 2014, 05:25 PM
I like the 4.2TD ute @ Prosser Toyota only done 140,000k

yeah but i think the kids would make to much noise and bring unwanted attention..

Avo
2nd February 2014, 08:56 PM
Hi Neil, I like that 2008 gunmetal one you put up, did you look at that ? I think if the white one is the one you are keen on get them to do on roads plus bonnet protector etc as they will have a bit of room to move being ex fleet, also go in with a deal in mind and don't budge from that, they will work on you but at the end of the day they will negotiate with you.

Stropp,after talking with Clunk and describing where the car yard was I was forwarned mate....went there just out of curiousity and well,,not good...looked like a chop shop mate,cars with no front ends.One at the time was getting pressure washed inside and out...DOH....the smell from the gate of fresh paint,it was more like a panel beaters yard not a car yard...(thanks clunkasaurous)

Stropp
2nd February 2014, 11:07 PM
That's good that we can get local knowledge mate. Good work clunk

Clunk
2nd February 2014, 11:09 PM
No worries bud

Dave_H
3rd February 2014, 01:19 PM
The first one you posted is a little expensive i think, i recently purchased an 08 crd auto ST 2" lift with 55k drive away with both tanks full for $34,850, serviced every 5k.

Avo
3rd February 2014, 04:00 PM
Yeah mate it was,especialy for what it was..the hard part is I live 400km from decent car yards with decent cars in them...trying to put the screws on a 2010 MY10 st.... model but I am playing hard ball because of the km it has on it .so I either get it for 32 or I'm out of there....

Dave_H
3rd February 2014, 04:11 PM
Yeah i had to do the same distance to Adelaide 800k return x 2 it's a pain thats for sure. I believe 32k is a fair price so hopefully they come to the party, Good luck mate.

Fry
4th February 2014, 11:28 AM
FYI

I got my 08 CRD with 123K on the clock for $28K. Down from $31k. I also had a trade in which I got $3k for.
so I only had to hand over $25k for it which I was happy with.

Stropp
4th February 2014, 11:40 AM
yep Neil, i would be pushing hard and going in at 28k with bonnet protector, floor mats cargo barrier etc etc and let them take a bit extra from you but not much and make sure you get the extras as it wont cost them much to supply them as the barrier they will take out of another vehicle. if you need assistance with the negotiation let me know mate i love sticking it to car sales people :)

Avo
4th February 2014, 03:58 PM
Stropp,I went in swinging this morning mate.told them there was no negotiation and the car is still at the same price as advertised..i asked for on road to be included and they dropped the price of my trade in by 1500 bucks..then he hang up on me....................so I randg the office got put through to him again and give him some more...told him I belong to a nation wide forum Nissanpatrol.com.au and had the car linked and people where watching and giving advice and to what it was worth...he did change his tune remarkably...so I can have the car for 32 which is what I wanted...it was at 37 990 online 34 490 so at 32 I think it ok...Wonder how much I would get for my GQ,not as a trade in but just sell it...Don't really need 2 4wd..i don't want to but it makes sense.

Stropp
4th February 2014, 04:21 PM
sounds better Neil but i would still go the bonnet protector and cargo barrier mate as i said they will have a pile of them out the back so no cost to them, if they agree on a price without the dealer manager getting involved then you havent hit them hard enough (well thats my thoughts anyway) mate try for the extra couple of bits anyway i hate letting them get too much, end of the day if you are happy go for it but dont drop the trade in price. when i bought mine it was advertised for 35 and i got it for 30k :) when the dealer principal says no then you have gone in too low :)

edit if he doesnt want to deal call the used car manager.

Avo
4th February 2014, 11:51 PM
should have got you in there with me mate.

Avo
5th February 2014, 12:01 AM
think I'm going to pull the pin on it tomorrow..after 2 days of bullsh!t still only getting it from 34 490(oline price) to 32 000 but then they dropped my trade in again to 15 000 and I pay onroad costs...hmmmmm so when I sat down and worked it all out...they have dropped it 1 304 bucks.....farkem I reckon..more will come by...either that or I ring the sales manager but I can't be bothered running around in circles..bit hard way down here and today I had 2 20 min breaks all day as we where running fertilizer through irrigation...so was writting sh!t down while on the phone and not thinking clearly...not till I knocked off and go through it I think...Wayneker assholeie.......

Might just sit back a bit take hold of the situation,go to the bank sort out a loan then go on the hunt again...In all honesty I was hoping to get back on the meetup in the middle trip but I can't rush this shitt and go buy something just for the sake of that one thing....Easy grasshopper easy....

MEGOMONSTER
5th February 2014, 12:01 AM
if they agree on a price without the dealer manager getting involved then you havent hit them hard enough (well thats my thoughts anyway)

Too right, keep punching till the stuffing falls out of their good bags.

All my cars have been haggled to the point of the dealership walking away from the deal. Where they just can't (more like won't) do anymore.

Stropp
5th February 2014, 12:34 AM
think I'm going to pull the pin on it tomorrow..after 2 days of bullsh!t still only getting it from 34 490(oline price) to 32 000 but then they dropped my trade in again to 15 000 and I pay onroad costs...hmmmmm so when I sat down and worked it all out...they have dropped it 1 304 bucks.....farkem I reckon..more will come by...either that or I ring the sales manager but I can't be bothered running around in circles..bit hard way down here and today I had 2 20 min breaks all day as we where running fertilizer through irrigation...so was writting sh!t down while on the phone and not thinking clearly...not till I knocked off and go through it I think...Wayneker assholeie.......

Might just sit back a bit take hold of the situation,go to the bank sort out a loan then go on the hunt again...In all honesty I was hoping to get back on the meetup in the middle trip but I can't rush this shitt and go buy something just for the sake of that one thing....Easy grasshopper easy....

Mate think it over and call the manager, let him or her know what's happened and give them the deal you want and see what happens, worst thing is you are looking for another car, best thing you own one on your terms, also look at the ones at the auction sites over here, some good deals to be had.

Clunk
5th February 2014, 12:52 AM
reckon you need me and Stropp to come with you mate, get the barsteward down to 27K and get you what you want for your car lol

I find it alot easier and better haggling with a dealer than a private seller that s for sure.

When I bought a 2 year old Xtrail back in 2005, was advertised for 34K, got it for 29k on the road. Didnt pay a deposit either . Also they orignally only wanted to give me 13k for my car, I wanted 17K but we settled on 15k, which I was ok with............ the missus wasn't amused lol.

It's much easier to deal with them face to face rather than over the phone for sure Neil and we know that unfortunately you dont have that luxury.

Keep an eye out, another will come along and when it does, we'll need to pounce bud

Avo
6th February 2014, 09:15 AM
so after much too-ing and fro-ing I refused to ring them yesterday and guess what,they rung me last night(late night car shopping in perth)told them I wasn't interested as I had spent 2 days getting nowhere fast.Asked what would make me happy so I said $30500 and they accepted,off to the bank today and hopefully(fingers crossed i will get it before the weekend)Another frigging trip to the city.

wish me luck......i am now Patrolorized.

to everyone that joined in and said this or that thanks,gave me the confidence to stick it to them,sh!t when i bought the ford i just went in paid 7 grand deposit and financed what they were asking..DOH...i may have learnt something

2010 gu7 MY10 st....I'm happy

Clunk
6th February 2014, 09:23 AM
Well done possum

oncedisturbed
6th February 2014, 10:12 AM
Good stuff, was that the 1 in gosnells you told us about?

Stropp
6th February 2014, 10:22 AM
well done neil, good stuff mate, now you have a good one you can come to the simpson :)

Fry
6th February 2014, 11:18 AM
Good stuff

Feel free to drop in to bunno on your way home and we can test it :)

93patrol
6th February 2014, 11:51 AM
great job mate and definately drop by on the weekend and we can go for a run and you can watch me slide everywhere with bald tyres haha

Avo
6th February 2014, 03:59 PM
Good stuff, was that the 1 in gosnells you told us about?

yeah mate that's the one...

Dave_H
8th February 2014, 03:38 AM
Congrats mate good stuff

threedogs
8th February 2014, 07:20 AM
and we can expect pictures when??????
Well done on the new Patrol

Stropp
8th February 2014, 10:10 AM
yes hurry up already its 745am

Clunk
8th February 2014, 10:48 AM
Is it here yet????????????

Stropp
8th February 2014, 12:48 PM
come on zzzzzzzzzzzzzz

Clunk
8th February 2014, 02:03 PM
Now???????????

BigRAWesty
8th February 2014, 02:17 PM
Geeze ya hog..
Share it around

Stropp
8th February 2014, 03:49 PM
yeh come on we all excited and getting anxious waiting

BigRAWesty
8th February 2014, 05:07 PM
Common Neil!!!!

Avo
8th February 2014, 05:31 PM
just got home....and still no pics mrs possum is in town with it to go pick up the deliquents.so yea shall have to wait...fark just go down the car yard and have a look at one...lol.....nah i'll wack some up when Mrs possum gets back..

still like my Q

Stropp
8th February 2014, 06:10 PM
just got home....and still no pics mrs possum is in town with it to go pick up the deliquents.so yea shall have to wait...fark just go down the car yard and have a look at one...lol.....nah i'll wack some up when Mrs possum gets back..

still like my Q

You are a

Bastard

Avo
8th February 2014, 06:25 PM
and here it is,

Woof
8th February 2014, 06:32 PM
Yeah not bad....................................... for a GU

Stropp
8th February 2014, 06:35 PM
Very a nice clean bus mate, about time you put up a pic or two.

Clunk
8th February 2014, 07:04 PM
Could have bloody washed it mate Bwahahahaha

So how did it drive, all good? Happy with it? Wet your knickers?

Clunk
8th February 2014, 07:14 PM
did you check it for Tojo parts????

Avo
8th February 2014, 07:25 PM
Could have bloody washed it mate Bwahahahaha

So how did it drive, all good? Happy with it? Wet your knickers?

it's was good to drive,bloody slow but...driving 400km in a XR6 hopping out and into a 3lt patrol....very happy with it hey....nup didn't make me wet mate,might take it down the beach tomorrow and try her out up some hills.

Stropp
8th February 2014, 07:30 PM
Then you will be disappointed and bogged :)

Avo
8th February 2014, 07:41 PM
does this make ya wet clunky,work,play and the daily driver

the utes not mine but the farms that I work on.

Clunk
8th February 2014, 08:45 PM
doesnt look quite right in the background with a couple of GQ...... just not right at all!!!!!!1 hahahahahaha

Woof
8th February 2014, 09:36 PM
About bloody time you got Jess a HALF decent vehicle

Avo
9th February 2014, 10:56 AM
so if it's her car does that mean I can sit in the car while she has to let the tyres down,and air up again all while reading my woman weekly...YES

Clunk
9th February 2014, 01:38 PM
so if it's her car does that mean I can sit in the car while she has to let the tyres down,and air up again all while reading my woman weekly...YES

of course mate lol

Stropp
9th February 2014, 03:39 PM
so if it's her car does that mean I can sit in the car reading my woman weekly...YES

I would expect that from a gq owner! :animierte-smilies-f:animierte-smilies-f

Figjam
9th February 2014, 04:06 PM
Looks like a nice tidy rig mate.
Time to add some bush stripes and a bit of spilled bait smell to the interior :wink:

Avo
9th February 2014, 09:10 PM
Looks like a nice tidy rig mate.
Time to add some bush stripes and a bit of spilled bait smell to the interior :wink:

Done......

Avo
9th February 2014, 09:13 PM
I would expect that from a gq owner! :animierte-smilies-f:animierte-smilies-f

No problem then....look at this
It's only fair...

Clunk
9th February 2014, 09:27 PM
You could at least have given Mrs P a step ladder lol

Avo
9th February 2014, 09:34 PM
she's just trying to make it look hard mate..I'm not falling for that...Bwhaaaaa

Clunk
9th February 2014, 10:55 PM
she's just trying to make it look hard mate..I'm not falling for that...Bwhaaaaa

Hahahahah you're a hard man mate, hard man indeed

Stropp
9th February 2014, 11:37 PM
Well I suppose mrs p now knows how to fix more things than mr p.