PDA

View Full Version : The 12vlt power in the rear....

Patrol-Guy
29th January 2014, 04:49 PM
You know the 12vlt power thingo in the back of the stnwgn. The one ya plug in the fridge in, well I'm assuming that that would draw current form the main start battery and not the second battery in a dual battery setup.

Would I be correct in this assumption ?

If so then would it be advisable to have it redirected to the second battery?

the evil twin
29th January 2014, 05:14 PM
IMHO, Yes...

Coldcomfort
29th January 2014, 05:29 PM
You can pick up the rear power wire behind the passenger kick panel. I cant remember which wire it is now but its not too hard to find as there is a plug there. It can be easily redirected to the second battery at that point. The wire for the reverse light is there too.

megatexture
29th January 2014, 06:04 PM
I'd just leave it and put a new merit plug in straight to the aux. isn't the stock plug only on when the car is switched to accessories or on ? Mines been replaced and can't remember.

Patrol-Guy
29th January 2014, 06:07 PM
I'd just leave it and put a new merit plug in straight to the aux. isn't the stock plug only on when the car is switched to accessories or on ? Mines been replaced and can't remember.

Nah it's on all the time. Good idea with adding a merit. Thanks.

threedogs
30th January 2014, 08:25 AM
either use a merit or aa 50 amp Anderson plug, never use a cig for powering your fridge , very
unreliable, use a 30amp circuit breaker up near the Aux battery, Use the correct size wire,
crimp, solder and shrink sleeve

tiny
30th January 2014, 12:59 PM
definitely throw a 50amp mini anderson in. Just about every camper will need one and you can make up some jump leads and dont need to move your car around.. Not for straight jump start but can charge a batt for a jump in 5 mins..

threedogs
30th January 2014, 02:25 PM
Plus I think most campers /4x4ers now use merit or 50 amp Anderson, it helps if you need to share gear
for one reason or another, I take every conceivable combo just incase