PDA

View Full Version : Hazard lights not working

Bazhemps
29th January 2014, 12:36 PM
Hi All,
I have a 2001 GU 3 ltr auto and the hazard lights arn't working but my blinkers are. Is there a seperate flasher can for the hazards and where do I find it please? Thanks

threedogs
29th January 2014, 12:44 PM
You have blown the fuse under the bonnet ,one of the black plastic covers in front of driver,
,were you towing a trailer at the time ?? replace the fuse with a 15amp job and you'll be right
@ Bob surely you can understand this.

04OFF
29th January 2014, 12:50 PM
also try working the hazzard switch on and off very quickly a number of times :smiley_thumbs_up:

Bob
29th January 2014, 01:00 PM
You have blown the fuse under the bonnet ,one of the black plastic covers in front of driver,
,were you towing a trailer at the time ?? replace the fuse with a 15amp job and you'll be right
@ Bob surely you can understand this.

Clear as Mud John Clear as Mud

LMAO

dom14
31st January 2014, 12:16 AM
Who's going to do that when I leave the car side of the road broken down? :icon_bonk:

also try working the hazzard switch on and off very quickly a number of times :smiley_thumbs_up:

04OFF
31st January 2014, 08:22 AM
Who's going to do that when I leave the car side of the road broken down? :icon_bonk:

Haha, you missunderstand a little bud , sorry , let me explain better............ hazzard switches are often dormant for years at a time, the sprung contacts collect dust and can develop a memory in the off position, working it hard and fast generates friction and a little heat and so can clean the contacts enough to fix the problem, all without removing the swith to clean the contacts by hand (the next step).

Often this is all the switch needs to work perfectly again, if youve checked the fuses and wires with no joy, just try it, what have you got to loose ? :tongue:

I found this the cause of "no hazzards" more than any other problem (my own GU had the same problem)

threedogs
31st January 2014, 09:59 AM
Like the Irish indicators , yes they work ,no they don't, yes they do, oldie but a goodie Lmfao

dom14
31st January 2014, 05:06 PM
Haha, you missunderstand a little bud , sorry , let me explain better............ hazzard switches are often dormant for years at a time, the sprung contacts collect dust and can develop a memory in the off position, working it hard and fast generates friction and a little heat and so can clean the contacts enough to fix the problem, all without removing the swith to clean the contacts by hand (the next step).

Often this is all the switch needs to work perfectly again, if youve checked the fuses and wires with no joy, just try it, what have you got to loose ? :tongue:

I found this the cause of "no hazzards" more than any other problem (my own GU had the same problem)

Ok. Now you're talkin. :D
'Lucky' for me, I got an old GQ. ;)
But, I havent' checked to see if the hazard lights are working or not(never had to use it).
Better check it :bananadancing:
:beer:

Bazhemps
3rd February 2014, 12:15 PM
Thanks Threedogs it was the fuse, for future reference for all the fuse is located in the box behind battery, when looking at it from the mud guard the fuse is the first 10amp in the small RH bank. If that makes sense!

threedogs
3rd February 2014, 02:20 PM
All GU owners who intend towing should up the fuse amperage from 10 to 15 problem solved